5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Published 14 months ago by Redoxon

3.0 out of 5 stars Protein shake
I bought the shake in holland and barratt and i obviously chose the wrong flavour as i went for strawberry and many people have said chocolate is better. But the flavour that attracts me is the vanilla as i cant see it being to sweet or tasting far to artificial. i like the fact that it has some natural ingredients like the green tea extracts. if your really wanting to...
Published on 21 Sept. 2010 by proteinjesus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: MaxiMuscle Promax Lean 1200 g Strawberry Weight Loss and Definition Shake Powder (packaging may vary) (Personal Care)
The new mix of this product is nicer than the old (used to be called diet but is now called lean). I asked them about the new mix and they said the product is the same but the mixability has been improved - the taste has defo improved as I used to think the strawberry flavour was awful but it is now lovely and chuggable when mixed with water (do not mix with milk as it stops the absorption rates)

I never take x2 scoop per drink as the caffeine level is way too high and can lead to palpitations. I take one scoop and 400ml of water. Does the job. I used it as a meal replacement when working as I often don't have time for breakfast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight Losser, 8 Nov. 2013
This is a great tasting, affordable and proper weight loss protein, which I am constantly using, and it works. I am 60 years old and look and feel good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes pretty good. Protein count is less than some other ..., 5 July 2014
Tastes pretty good. Protein count is less than some other brands but. i'm not super into it so it's cool with me

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the chocolate flavour, 18 Nov. 2014
W. M. Newman "warren" (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm not usually a fan of fake strawberry taste like strawberry ice-cream or nesquik and so I have been buying the chocolate however because of the price hike I bought this strawberry pack and IMHO it tastes better than the chocolate

4.0 out of 5 stars as advertised, 22 Aug. 2013
Happy with it. There's a measure inside! took me ages to work that out, it had got buried in the post. I do think it's perhaps too expensive, but then quality costs...

4.0 out of 5 stars Lived on this for 3 months and seen great signs of improvement, 31 Aug. 2014
Lived on this for 3 months and seen great signs of improvement, not just in weight but health and being more active!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells just like strawberry, 5 Mar. 2013
Not been drinking it long enough to see if its working, but it was recommeded by our dr. The strawberry smells really good, it doesn't taste too bad, drinkable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, 2 April 2011
I usually dont believe good reviews as I always think they are written by the poeple who sell the product, so I decided to write a short one of my own.

GOOD things about this product.
I firmly believe it works in that I am able to get enough protien without having to eat lots of meat and other foods and consume lots of calories in the process. This has helped me create a larger calorie deficincy by working out and consuming as few calories as possible. I believe the protein is not only maintaining my muscles but they are growing in the process. Its been about two to three weeks since I started this regime of exercising and dieting and it is already working well. I have been tracking the effects and I am averaging just over the loss of half a pound in weight each day. Some of you may not believe me, whilst others may think that is not enough. I know that its half a pound of fat, with possible muscle growth though, which is better than just wasting away on a diet. It takes a lot of work (and time) but I believe the product helps. It wont just eat away your fat for you unfortunately.

- came tracked delivery, so I knew it had arrived at work even though the secretary hadn't contacted me.

BAD things about this product
- It says strawberry flavour, but I swear the only way to taste that is if you mix it with milk. It tastes much better mixing with milk (make sure to blender it), but that defeats the point as you will find it very hard to do cardio exercise for hours after consuming that amount of milk (at least I do). I find it much easier to jump straight on the machines if you have it with water which is what the product suggests. It doesnt taste good, but it doesnt taste bad, and it does fill you up for a few hours (with water or milk) as if it was a meal.

- The serving size is 60grams and it says thats two scoops. I started with two scoops using a tablespoon and thought that was enough. It wasnt. It actually comes with a scooper, but for me it was deeply buried and I didnt realise it untill i was already over half the way through the product. Luckily for me I had got a pair of scales out beforehand and started measuring 60grams that way.

- it recommends two lots of 60g servings (2 lots of 2 scoops) to get your daily protein. I' 6ft 3 and when I plugged in height/gender into this website: [...] it shows that I only need MAX 71.4 grams of protein but the two servings of 2 scoops will provide 75.6 grams of protein. Too much protein is actually bad for your health, so I have been only taking 2 to 3 scoops a day because I figure I will ingest protein from other food sources without realising it as well. Even a small tin of beans has protein and you can't just live on this powder. They want you to consume as much of the product as fast as possible so you buy it again quickly.

- It wont just eat away your fat for you unfortunately. The person who creates that without side effects will be a rich person.

I would and will buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 24 Aug. 2013
A good product overall but does taste a little flat. Dissolves easily and quickly which is a plus and calorie wise it is the way to go if you're leaning out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 April 2014
Great product - Keep me full up and I can see the results after a couple of months use. Runs out quickly though so might be worth investing in bigger tub