5.0 out of 5 stars Simple stuff that works...
I specialise in helping people lose weight, overcome addictions and a few other things and I like to recommend Maximuscle products for a few reasons.

Firstly, they're a British company and this helps with quality control - not all protein products are equal.

Published 22 months ago by Mark Stipanovsky

3.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly loaded with caffeine and you will buzz all night on the ceiling
It tastes nice , not too expensive, mixes ok in a shaker.

However, it is absolutely loaded with caffeine from guarana and green tea extracts.

If you want to stay up all night buzzing like a human vibrator, it is great for that. That is what you will be doing for hours after drinking this stuff, buzzing on the ceiling.

I had one hell of a...
Published 17 hours ago by Moo

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple stuff that works..., 25 Aug 2012
Mark Stipanovsky (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Secondly, meal replacements work very well in weight loss programs - they can be the rapid quick start that people are looking for and the calorie and macro-nutrient intake can be precisely measured.

Thirdly, if you're gonna eat chocolate - you might as well learn how to eat protein flavoured chocolate, exercise more and become fitter, stronger and healthier...

As for taste, texture and liking it - here's an interesting "fact" - liking a taste can be learned and we only have five basic tastes - it tastes OK - but the main judgement - does it help someone lose weight?

Yes, you can use this product safely to lose weight rapidly...

How rapidly depends on your total calorie intake, determination, exercise regime and what type of support you have in place.

This product can also help if you have diabetes type 2 because you can use it to monitor and change your current food intake to a more helpful one - google Newcastle diabetes cure - because there's a professor who has used liquid shakes (optifast from Nestlé) to "cure" diabetes...

Lighterlife - a weight loss company uses a similar product - and Slimfast is also a similar weight loss shake product - however - my recommendation is Maximuscle because of the protein content.

And no - I don't work for Maximuscle or write bogus reviews - I happen to be someone who uses diet as an intervention for many different problems and reckon that we can use "technology" even if it's food technology to help us get better - it's definitely made a lot of us worse...

Anyway, If you're looking to use this product to help you lose weight - then it works - you need to use it as food replacement - and it can help you to create a VLCD as the nutrient mix is helpful...

4.0 out of 5 stars Enhancing effects, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Maximuscle Promax Lean Weight Loss and Definition Shake Powder Chocolate--1200g (packaging may vary) (Personal Care)
I'm a big fan of protein powders. They help to give me amazing recovery results and acts very quickly. At the gym I feel more powerful and on top of my game taking it. My gains are bigger, my stamina is better, and my overall performance is enhanced. I drink at least a gallon of water each session so I have no problem taking enough of this to do the trick. Both the vanilla and chocolate flavors are surprisingly good in my opinion. I mix them up to keep me from wearing down on one or the other.

While the whey is more recovery based, I also take muscle max pro {M.M.P. Bodybuilding Supplement + FREE D-Aspartic Acid 100 Grams} for additional in gym enhancements. The MMP really trips me up and gets me going quicker for a longer period of time. I have better pumps and have set 1 personal record since starting my most recent cycle. A dose of each with my daily workout and I feel 110%. I always give it my all but adding the supps really makes my all even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 May 2014
I have reduced body fat signifcantly over several month and muscle is becoming more defined - committed work at the gym, but certainly some help from PROMAX Lean. Tastes great too...!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for slimmers, 27 May 2014
Great protein if you're trying to lose fat while keeping muscle. Shame about the price hike. Used to be a bargain on here

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 27 April 2014
I have this ever day for breakfast. I exercise regularly so it provides the extra protein needed. I find it very filling and it keep me going until lunch time. I take with other maxi muscle products thermobol and cla and I have had significant results in over a year. It's now just part of my daily routine and always will be whilst I'm fit and healthy

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one small let down.., 23 April 2014
Firstly, this product is the best protein powder I've come across! Tastes great, mixes very well can't fault it on that front! I'd highly recommend it to anyone. My one down side is that on none training days a shake every night isn't great because of the caffeine content in the drink it means you become more alert when you want to go to bed. Other than this, so far, brilliant product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tasting and Mixing Protein I Have Tried In Thirty Years, 26 Aug 2013
I have trianed at every level for over thirty years. As I am very anti-drug, the requirement at times of heavy training for additional protein to assist with regeneration is required.
Although this is the Diet formula, it tastes great. I however mix it with fresh orange juice instead of water and it mixes fine simply in a shaker cup. The taste with orange juice is fantastic with chocolate or strawberry. chocolate my favourite.
If your watching your calorie intake just mix half with juice and half water and it still tastes great.

However, my favourite mix is very simple to drink while training and tastes excellent.
Half fresh orange juice and half cranberry juice and lots of ice. Shake it well and it tastes absolutely fantastic. You could drink it anytime as a drink. I have let friends taste it and they loved it. It is very smooth with no after taste.

Small tip !
When mixing any protein shakes or other sports drinks in a shaker cup.....If you can add an ice cube or three as it helps the mix process and adds to the flavour when chilled.

Eat-Train-Sleep and Repeat........Remember Drugs Kill Including Steroids..........Kev

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 18 April 2013
I've tried lots of different protein shakes and this is my favourite ! I only use one scoop not two ( which they recommend) as I don't like it when they are thick - really nice flavour and mixes well so no lumps left ! I usually make them at least 30 mins in advance as they go a bit creamy then.

4.0 out of 5 stars Maximusle Promax Diet, 18 Sep 2011
Ok so i read a few review from so many sites the obvious ones do with mainstream supplements i bought the chocolate flavor been taking it now for about two weeks just finished my first tub. It doesn't taste that bad i have lost half a stone, i was consistently taking the shake about till about the last couple of days (was running out) It does produce results but have to be on a strict with your diet no junk food at all.

After drinking the shake i be honest i felt sick every time as i drank it on a empty stomach when i woke up 6am everyday for work doesn't help on a bumpy bus ride either after. Drinking it after the gym and in the evenings its perfectly fine i wouldn't recommend drinking it after 8pm unless you eat to stop the caffeine kicking in. I had fantastic result just eating soups, homemade sandwiches, steamed vegetables and chicken and salad. the money is alot should be cheaper really. If you drink it after breakfast be fine i'm gonna order another tub just lose that little bit more

hopes this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Maximuscle Promax Lean Weight Loss and Definition Shake Powder, 2 Mar 2014
perfect, just what I expected. Does what it says on the packaging. Lasts for about a month. Good for people who are starting to drink protein shakes.