5.0 out of 5 stars A fond farewell
Its difficult to quantify fulfilling ambition. The mixture of emotions that one feels when one finally gets their hands on something they've been after for years. A strange brew of euphoria, happiness and satisfaction, yet there is also a strange feeling of emptiness that a long quest has finished.

This is how I feel about finally getting all of Northern...
Published on 28 Jun 2007 by J. Norrish

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a letdown
Aside form a couple of episodes, series 6 presents all of the show's lowlights. It seems in a hurry to fix a happy ending for us after Rob Morrow walked out of production mid-season. The result is clumsy, kitsch and poorly written. Some character's feel left without a conclusion whilst the one biggie is forced unaturally into our laps.

There are still enough...
Published 17 months ago by WDK

5.0 out of 5 stars A fond farewell, 28 Jun 2007
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)

This is how I feel about finally getting all of Northern Exposure on DVD. I remember searching Season 1 out and being thrilled that season 2 was also already available. I then waited with baited breath each 6 months as all of them one by one were released (with deleted scenes!). I have received part of my life back. A part which at the time during younger, more innocent years was important. I now remember why.

I'm overjoyed that I own them all, but a tad empty that next December there won't be another box set to get my paws upon.

Upon viewing all of Northern Exposure again, I'm amazed. Astounded even. I can't understand why it isn't universally recognised as the best TV ever. The only thing that I have ever seen which is worth mentioning in the same breath is the Simpsons, but they've made some dud episodes. Northern Exposure has not a single dud through 113 episodes over 6 seasons. No, seriously, it hasn't.

If you have never seen it, and are not sure whether you should part with your hard earned cash, go to youtube and do a search for Northern Exposure - 'Northern Lights'. If you like the few minutes of the speech, then you will like the rest of it.

I will watch it many times (health permitting) over the years to come. I hope there are many others who are also touched by the magic which was produced in the name of television.

Thank you Northern Exposure with all of my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Northern Exposure Final Series, 17 May 2007
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)
The only bad thing about this release is that it is the final season of TV's greatest program.

I've got all these episodes on tape and believe me, the writing, the characters, the story lines remain as tight, as quirky and as wonderful as ever.

A sheer joy to watch and the final soundtrack (Iris Demente's Our Town) on the last episode "Tranquility Base" is poignant, sad and perfect.

A joy from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still weird but fabulous, 9 Mar 2009
Mrs. PJ Taylor (Reading UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)
Anyone who doesn't love Northern Exposure definitely has defective humour genes.

This DVD completed my collection and I finally got to see the end of the series, which I missed first time around. As with the previous series, it is seriously off the wall and you just have to suspend the disbelief and go with the stranger elements of the plot (like the manner of Joel's return to New York). Rob Morrow's departure from the series left an unfillable gap and the episodes after he left are nowhere near as strong but it is still worth seeing.

I have now rewatched all the series and coming to the end felt like saying goodbye to old friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad it's all over...., 18 May 2009
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)
As a fond NE fan I was thrilled to be able to track down and own for myself the whole series on DVD and have enjoyed all the memories, the wacky wisdom, the laughs and the sad bits from when it first aired on C4 back in the early 90's.
It's one of those series that you either like or you don't from what I have gathered over the years but I'm proud to say that I liked it.
It's like a snapshot from a time of life that's moved on.
Wonder where they are all now?

5.0 out of 5 stars good entertainment, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)
Have purchased most of the series from amazon. I wish there were more after season 6. Dvd's in new condition and arrived promptly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)
Bought as xmas present. Delivered on time and well packaged. I cannot comment on contents but haqving bought previous series my daughter said she loved them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cotinuing, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)
We have only watched a few episodes on the first dics so far but they seem to be OK. We know more aw we continue to view them. As long as they all operate and paly as expected. The previous series we bought 2 of the episodes did not play and this spolit the experience as we are out of sequence.

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as I remember, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)
Great script, comedy, surreal moments and a moose. It doesn't date and is full of magical moments. Save it for the next bad winter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a letdown, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)

There are still enough archetypical Northern Exposure moments to warrant seeing things through to the end, but this is definitely the worst season.

1.0 out of 5 stars Northern Exposure 6, 27 Jan 2013
Mrs. Judith C. Kelman (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD] (DVD)
Don't get me wrong! Northern Exposure the program is wonderful, but my two recent purchases (2 box sets of season 5 and season 6) were all unplayable. They all had a substance smeared on the surface of each disc, which you could both see and feel. It was sticky and looked as if someone had deliberately smeared each disc. This must have been a fault at the manufacturing or packing stage as all 4 box sets had the same problem, despite coming from 2 different sellers, and had to be returned.
At some stage I shall re-order, and hopefully the problem will have been resolved by then!

Northern Exposure - Season 6 - Complete [1994] [DVD]