5.0 out of 5 stars Headphonetastic!
Published on 31 July 2010 by Gray

3.0 out of 5 stars Are you using this in a dorm/apartment?
perfect if you are using as a headphone for you computer *( for example- you have a roomate who is sleeping or can not blast that music as loud as you want because your parents/sibling/friend/spouse are sleeping)

Published on 31 Oct. 2010 by rynoman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Are you using this in a dorm/apartment?, 31 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)

FYI- if you are looking for ENTRY LEVEL wireless headphone these do the trick. Nothing fancy and no super sound but they are definitely a nice quality pair for the money and you will not mind the sound clarity and white noise distortion if you are using close to the unit that gives off the signal. However if you get up to answer the door or go behind a closet or something be ready for the white noise or the interuption of signal.

FYI- one thing i would say too is that you have to charge them without knowing if they are fully charged or not. There is no way to tell that the unit is fully charged. you just have to leave the unit plugged into the transmitter. But so far this has not been a problem

I have been using these for a month now because i live in a college area where there is no loud noises past 10 oclock. I can watch great movies, listen to music and even workout in my room with these and all without the hassle of wires tripping me up. It is so nice to get up to go do something and not have to take them off my head and have a long wire to get in my way. Hope this helps. If you score these for under 30 buck with shipping you cant go wrong.

I GIVE 3.5 stars if i could!

5.0 out of 5 stars Headphonetastic!, 31 July 2010
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
I have owned a pair of these headphones, which I bought at Currys, for a few years. I really don't understand why some folk give them such a low rating - I can only assume that they aren't setting them up and using them properly. I have in the past used them mainly for telly watching, so that I can get higher volume to mask tinitus problems that I sometimes get or so as not to disturb others at night as I'm a night owl. With the TV in particular I find the sterio separation pretty good, and as someone else remarked I found that I can pick up sound effects and audio details that aren't normally noticeable through the televisions own speakers. So, I was a bit confused with criticisms that the phones had no range and hissed a lot. So much so that I have just connected them tonight to my Hi-Fi. Well, they seem fine to me, as good as ever. I even had them pointing out through the window and went to the bottom of the garden - absolutely no problem whatsoever, the signal remained strong and clear!I'm enjoying listening to Tom Petty's Greatest Hits as I write this. The CD volume is turned right up - and the headphones only to about 25% of their maximum and the volume is about as much as I can take! All you have to do is ensure that you are within the field of the sender, possibly about 50-60 degrees or more. It's only if something is in the way that you get any hiss - leastways in my experience. (Don't forget, most infrared products have their limitations don't they?) This normally only happens to me when England are scoring a cracking goal and my wife decides to bend down in front of the screen!! I rate these 5 star and very good value, in fact I'm going to send for another pair. I once had a dearer Sony set but these are just as good if not better. Just one thing to add, they seem to work better in the kitchen/diner than in the living room: I think this may be because the signal bounces off walls, windows and floor tiles etc?! By the way, Tom Petty sends his love.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good make... average headphones., 28 April 2008
Crispy (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
Sound quality on these is very good. However, further to "ordinary customers" comments, the range is very limited - you have to sit tight on your sofa and remember not to walk to the kitchen or you'll get deafening white noise in your ears! This seems to defeat the object of having them wireless. Our cat has recently chewed through the IR wire and now we only have sound from one earpiece. I have just put an order in for the Thomson equivalent, much longer range so fingers crossed on the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars OK, 23 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
I've been using mine for many years, in fact I have two sets one for main TV and the other for late viewing in bedroom. I had thought I'd see if there may be better available but now I see that other reviewers consider sound quality is very good so I'll stick with what I have. They are very good for the stereo effect when watching TV and sometimes I can even understand what Emily Proctor is saying on CSI Miami. I'm a bit deaf, but with these I hear background effects such as barking dogs which helps realism. I feel that more people, especially the deaf, should be made aware of the advantages. I fixed up an elderly deaf lady with a set, she lives alone on a mobile home park, now her neighbours are able to sit with their windows open in the summer without having to hear the deaf lady's TV, she can listen to the TV news with her back to the picture while doing the washing up, everyone's happy. Perhaps the manufacturers should consider making sets with two sets of headphones linked to the one transmitter; it is not unusual to have two deaf people living together in a block of flats, or similar, where the neighbours would probably appreciate a bit of quiet. Of course one important aspect is whether or not plugging the headphone 'transmitter' into the TV automatically mutes the loudspeakers. Unfortunately few TV manufacturers include this information in the specs but of course it is of vital importance if there is more than one viewer, but only one needing the headphones.

1.0 out of 5 stars THE WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER BOUGHT, 6 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
A sweeping statement I know but this is a wireless headphone that as a range no further than an old style headphone with a long lead. The unit also has to point in a certain direction and be positioned like an indoor TV aeriel to get that output such as it is. The only good thing is it is quite easy to put back in the box to return for a refund. This is my second headphone. My first headphone was a Thomson for less money & you could be as far away as possible with their product & enjoy the same sound as if you were sat on top of it. I've never left a review before but feel compelled to do so such is my disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Cheap Product, 29 May 2010
M. Kirtley (Billingham, North-Eastern England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
I'm glad I was able to get these headphones for such a good price, and every penny of what I paid was well-spent. If you remember to recharge these often enough and have everything set up properly, it's a brilliant bargain.

My only complaint is the range, which isn't really that severe, seeing as they have a longer range than wired headphones. If you go away from the signal box by around 4 metres you get some horrible white noise, but I don't think anyone will have that much of a problem with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Headphones, 24 July 2010
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
I ordered a pair of used Philips Headphones on a Friday morning and by sat post they were here wow what a service , well done and thank you for a fantastic pair of headphones that look and work as new as if they were just made. I got them for my daughter to watch and listen to her tv at night while her other sisters were asleep and they work fantastic and what a quality piece of equipment they are.

2.0 out of 5 stars ok for computer, 25 Nov. 2008
Mr. G. Clark - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
these headphones are fine for use at a computer or tv , but if you want to use them to wander around the house or garden then forget it, it will not work. this system works on infra red , like your tv remote control you have to have your headphones in sight of the sender unit.
as i use them for the computer i am very pleased with them as the quality is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to wireless, 4 Jan. 2010
Mr. Duncan H. Mcneill "D H M" (Lincoln uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
These Philips headphones are offered a a great price.

The sound quality is very good, clear and crisp! (you must be able to see the IR unit)

They are very Light and very Comfortable to use.

Ideal for watching television without disturbing anybody else!

Good Value for Money!+

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless headphone, 7 Feb. 2009
C. Wilson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips SHC2000/05 Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
What a great product I am enjoying many hours of good music and videos without disturbing my wife who likes to read a lot in silence.
If you want to keep the wife happy like me get one it's great

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›