5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air, 5 Oct 2007
Steven Baker "Reaper_FBB" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Words Untold & Dreams Unlived (Audio CD)
Ever since 1992 when "Images and Words" got me hooked, I am always on the lookout for new prog metal. On a recent CD buying trip, I was looking for a couple of discs and as I was browsing, I found this one. The sticker on the front said "Great new prog metal from Norway". The cover art and song titles seemed to be a good indication of the music style, so I thought I'd give it a go (naive? me?).

The opening song starts with an Indian-inspired intro, a little reminiscent of "Bombay Vindaloo" on Dream Theater's "Live at the Marquee". Well since I love this style of music when it's combined with some power metal, I was hooked from the start.

I'm pleased to say that after the excellent start, the album doesn't disappoint as it progresses (:-) There are no bad tracks and each one has a moment which you always look forward to (In the same way as the majority of Opeth's songs).

In terms of a musical comparison, it reminds me mostly of two stages of Threshold's career. The music is very heavy and driving like on their first album "Wounded Land", whereas the vocals bring to mind more recent Threshold releases such as "Critical Mass". It's a great combination and really makes the songs rock, while still keeping you interested in the well-sung vocals.

I bought this album some months ago, but I am still listening to it on the train to and from work at least 2 or 3 times a week and that seems to be the best indication of how good I think it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars word untold & dreams unlived, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Words Untold & Dreams Unlived (Audio CD)
This band has got to be the most under raited band i have come a cross the music is loud and exciting and the voice of georg newhauser is fantastic not only do i recommend this album there are two more albums out there enjoy

Words Untold & Dreams Unlived
Words Untold & Dreams Unlived by Serenity (Audio CD - 2013)