Price:£23.95+ Free shipping

on 16 June 2013
Well having used electric vacuums on our pond without any success we decided to try this one along with another called the Bermuda Silt Remover - First this one, you attach your garden hose to this and it creates a vacuum which then sucks up silt and debris off the bottom of the pond and chucks it into a waste bag made of fine mesh, i didn't think it worked at first as it just seemed to be making the pond water very cloudy with silt - but once you take it out of the pond you will be amazed at how much silt and sludge will be inside the catch net - this does work you just have to be a little patient at first - Now for the Bermuda Silt remover, this also works and does not cloud the pond water, as long as your gentle with it moving it across the bottom of pond it is fine but it does not seem to fill the catch net up as fast as the Laguna Vac - I would recommend both of these as they both work and are very good for the money considering we purchased a HozeLock electric pond vacuum which cost nearly £100 and just kept cutting out as little bits of debris kept stopping the impeller - the thing never run for any longer than 30 seconds - it was just a waste of time and money - took it back to the store for a full refund and purchased both of the above items locally and have achieved alot more with both than the electric pond vac.
on 25 February 2013
I bought a really expensive vac and found it was useless because our pond was raised, so took it back and with no fuss got a refund. Then I bought this little cheapie and found it excellent, particularly for the pond where I am bringing on my young Koi, as they inevitably waste food and I am careful to keep the pond as clean as possible. I like it because it is light, quick to assemble and use, and doesn't need a lot of storage space. It also picks up the debris quickly, (including the dreaded blanket weed!) and is easy to empty and reuse in a moment. You wouldn't expect to bash it about, and even when I was a little clumsy and sucked up one of my youngsters with the debris, I carefully removed him from the netting bag and he swam away happily! Having used it at least half a dozen times through the autumn and early winter, I will be happy to use it again soon when the spring finally gets here. In fact I am going to buy one for my son as he has just moved house and inherited a very gungey pond with goldfish in. Hopefully he will then be able to see them and enjoy them!
on 2 May 2010
My pond often suffers with crud and all sorts blocking my filter and now the warmer weather has come in, it looks like the problem is getting worse again, so I bought one of these having had a few Laguna pond pumps and filters in the past.

I wish I hadn't bothered. Firstly the hoze connection didn't work because there is a blowback valve in the original Hozelock clip, so I changed it for one without the valve. Either way the connection fitting was poor and I was disappointed to see water coming from the clip.

However, ignoring the gushing of the water, I ventured to put the vac attachment into the pond and in fairness, the filter bag did begin to fill up, but the bag itself flew off and I had to fit it back on again.

Overall I think it's a poor design and I would urge other people to avoid this. Surely they test the product out before they sell it? I can't see how it got past quality control as it is.

I gave it one star because it did remove some of the rubbish from the bottom of the pond but otherwise it's pretty poor
on 23 June 2013
An inexpensive pond vac that does the job adequately however the mesh on the bag is fairly coarse so a lot of the finer debris just passes through.
on 5 February 2014
Works but messy, picks up pea gravel off the bottom of pond, too cold to work in winter but should be ok in summer.
on 23 December 2013
My pond is now totally clear due to this equipment very easy to use and not messy which is good
on 20 February 2014
Worked OK until bag came loose from pipe then all contents went back into the pond. Could only do small bits at a time, then take out to make sure bag still fastened tight
on 14 January 2014
I did not find it very efficient. It was not quite powerful enough for my pond and also required too frequent emptying of the silt bag
on 5 May 2015
Had this a couple of weeks and used three times so far.

It does what it says, but wouldn't recommend for heavily silted ponds. Will remove debris, but you do use a lot of water, a concern if you have a meter; and it does fill up the pond to overflowing point, not something you want to do too often.

It appears to be quite a flimsy product, but in action it is quite robust. One issue I had was that the adaptor to connect it to 'Hozelock' type connectors had the wrong size rubber O-ring (washer) making it impossible to connect. Once I replaced this with one off a spare Hozelock connector, it connected without problem or leakage.

When you consider the alternative is a powered vacuum style cleaner costing upwards of £70, this is worth a punt, but don't expect miracles!
on 16 June 2014
I only recieved this a couple of days ago so I have only just tested it not used it seriously so far. However, it did work as it is supposed to. Just one critisisim - the nozel that fits on to the hose fitting I found to be loose and seemed to be rather insecure. It felt as if pond vac and hose could part company very easily. On my short test this did not happen but I think I will have to make sure the two pieces are well pushed together. May even change the fitting on my hose although it is made by a good manufacturer so should b OK. Yes, I think this is a good addition to my fish care kit - and no electricity, can't be bad.