VINE VOICEon 6 September 2008
I've used a few canisters of compressed air. Always have them on hand to blow dust out the pc or laptop, as well as those other hard to reach spaces.

My order was delivered promptly and well packaged.

Upon receiving the canisters I thought they would be worse quality than those I had used from others. However I was much surprised.

The canisters are sturdy and perform exactly the same, but are a lot CHEAPER that on the high street. One particular retailer (6 letters beginning with M and ending with N) charges twice the price for just one of these.

In conclusion if you need compressed air, you can't go wrong here.
77 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2010
Lets get a few things straight... We all refuse to be ripped off from these "High street" prices. This is why we have come to Amazon, as previous commenter has said a specific shop beginning with M and ending in N have been selling them at extortionate prices of £11.99 for one can. Compare that to the price of 4 cans and a much cheaper price by this supplier... I think I would happily wait the TWO days it took to arrive... rather amazing for the Royal mail.

As a joke on my initial discovery of the price in Maplin when leaving the shop I confronted a security guard patrolling the Mall and said "Theres been a robbery in Maplin" he replied "Oh really?" I said "Yes they're selling cans of compressed AIR for £11.99". He laughed and plodded onwards.

The cans jet air out powerful enough to shift dust and dirt but not too powerful to damage PCBs. However the can cools a lot faster than other dusters I have used and becomes cold to the touch extremely fast. Someone
also previously commented on the liquid gas that comes out on the initial burst, I would reccomend spraying it away from your PCB for a second or two before you initially use it after shaking, however thereafter it is perfectly fine to use.

All in all... high quality product and for a pack of 4 at this price you really would be an idiot to not use them. Since the price is so cheap I have actually gone on a whole dusting regime and taken my whole laptop to clean out rather than sticking to only jetting the CPU/GPU heatsink and on my XPSM1530 a metal plate panel which conducts heat at an ungodly rate.

Reccomend this product to your friends and family and to the random people you meet going into PCworld/Maplin/Currys or any other shop in which they are robbing you blind.
22 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 March 2012
Done the video showing what you get and a few tips for use.
Always use the Can upright.
Never Shake it.
Use it in short burst not constantly.
When cleaning the computer, make sure its turned off and cold.
Unplug all cables, but especially the power cable. Other wise the motherboard is still live even if the computer has shut its self down.
If a bit of the propellant (liquid) does get on the computer, dont panic and keep clam. It will dry off in secounds, and if the computer is cold, turned off and power lead unplugged you should be ok.
Hope these tips have helped
on 30 July 2009
After depleting my old air duster can I was looking around for a new one. My search lead me to a well known retailer who wanted over £10 for one can. Thinking that there must be an alternative, I came across this - 4 cans for less than the price of one at the 'other' retailer!

No worries about quality either, in fact these were much better than my previous air duster can. The tube snuggly fits into a nozzle which secures it firmly, no-more holding onto the tube to stop it falling out! Good pressure as well - and at 400ml you can't go wrong!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 January 2016
Hands down, the only thing I'd say about 5 Star's air duster cans are that it has a lot of air in one canister but purchasing the multi-pack will leave you with ample amount of supply of duster air cans to last you for a while.

They deliver POWERFUL and excellent quality air dusting performance (not to sound too shabby or anything) in which I use to clean my computer out with and for any general dusting with components etc.

Each can comes with it's respective thin plastic nozzle.

If you're looking elsewhere for cheaper products, my only suggestion to you reading this is to purchase the four-can pack from 5 Star, you will NOT regret it at all and it will save you time contemplating whether you should purchase a lower branded air duster.
review image
on 30 January 2016
I was choosing between this and the more popular brand (DUST-OFF), this was obviously cheaper, and had quite alot of negative reviews, but i still decided to go with it, BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! Its been a year and I clean my pc every week (its a silverstone rvz02 with no fan filters or fans so what would you expect), Im still on my first can, even though its nearly finished, Ive had no water problems, as long as you spray it correctly as the instructions say at the correct angle, there would be no water sprayed out, it gets quite cold if you dont spray in pulses, so make sure you follow the instructions clearly.

Very reliale product, very good quality, very effective, I have a dust free Computer case! If mypack ever finishes I will definately buy again, the price theyre selling is amazing. If you cant decide just buy this, Dont read negative reviews, theyre just from people who dont know hwo to use it.
Buy it now you wont regret it
on 6 November 2014
I bought these based on the decent reviews, i went for the 4 pack. Firstly what i received wasn't the same as in the photo, the ones in the listing are called 5 star, the ones i received are 4 cans of something called "Office Depot" air duster.

I'm not exaggerating when i say that i can fart with more power than this can produces, i was using them for a rebuild on a pc. I was basically blowing out some light dust that had gathered inside. It was reasonable to start with, still not great. I'd used about half a can, obviously you know that by how much fluid is left inside. Once down to half a can the pressure had virtually dissappeared even though their was half a can of fluid left, i'm experienced with using compressed air from a can, you have to work in short bursts then leave it for a while if need be.

Let's just say i won't be coming back more, i knew i should have stuck with Falcon Dust Off which is very good.
on 31 July 2012
Having used this to get rid of all the dust from the inside of my pc, i can say that this product works, the only thing i would suggest is that you spray the first time away from the object you're working on, after that it's fine to use.
on 18 May 2016
First time to use 5Star Air Dusters but it won't be the last. Very powerful spray that should meet all my needs. There are a lot of compressed air/gas products available with varying reviews on them all and I cannot say that this is the best product out there but I can say that this is an effective product that works well and that I will be using again. Good seller and this 4 pack offers great value for money. If you found this review helpful then please tick the YES box below. Thanks.
on 15 July 2016
I have been buying plenty of these for the past 2 years. There's a lot of air in there than first expected, at great pressure. Every can comes with a nice long hose/pipe which is also very flexible to redirect the blow in hard to reach area's - these hoes's are tied toe the can by elastic band or sometimes tape.
I go through HFC Free Air Duster's a lot, mainly for computer's/laptops.
They save time clearing dust in fans/grills/vents versus using a cloth for a quick clean, just be sure to have a vacuum nearby to get rid of the dust too instead of having it end up in the same room, only to be sucked back into the computers, or you could be outdoors.

What's most appealing is the good quality product coming at a very affordable price versus shopping at the highstreet/large retail stores.

Attach hose if required,
Give the can a quick shake to build up more pressure,
And Before using on intended area, Remember to give a quick tap spray away from surface/in the air to disperse residual liquid, then use as required, in an upright position.
- If you do forget these steps and get liquid onto the intended surface, don't worry, it will quick-dry away in seconds with no marks.