4.0 out of 5 stars White and boardy.
Published 9 months ago by Mr Bunny

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight Whiteboard - Not Happy in Transit!
Ordered this to go with another 6'x4' whiteboard I use constantly. When it arrived, it was dented in several places and wasn't suitable for heavy use. Looking carefully at the construction it's made up of a lightweight backing board behind a thin skin of steel. The backing board is very flexible and so the whiteboard tends to bend easily when transported...
Published on 7 Dec 2010 by Lee Duncan

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight Whiteboard - Not Happy in Transit!, 7 Dec 2010

The original was returned and a replacement arrived with fewer and less serious dents and marks. It was just about OK for the price as I didnt want to spend 200 on a better quality one.

The fittings that come with the board are easy to use to fix it to a wall, although it does move very slightly as the four plastic brackets don't hold it tightly against the wall, despite being tightly screwed in.

In use the board is fine - I don't like to press too hard against it and definitely don't lean on it for fear of denting the surface. It wipes clean easily, is brilliant white and even pen that's been on it for several weeks wipes off easily (at least the superb Pentel Maxiflo pens do).

Conclusion...

If you want a great big board at a budget price, this is OK. Just treat it with care and make sure it arrives in good condition.

If you've got people who don't treat things with respect, or it's going to be in a very heavily used meeting room, spend more for a board with a solid back.

4.0 out of 5 stars White and boardy., 29 Sep 2013
I was a bit concerned, reading other reviews, about whether or not the item would arrive with dents. Fortunately for me, after carefully removing it from the thick, cardboard packaging, I saw my reflection in a shiny, metallic and blemish free surface. I had initially panicked about buying the wrong thing - I wanted a white board, not a metal board - but my friend helpfully turned the thing around to show the correct, white side.

As a white board, it functions perfectly, and is at a good price for the amount of white space it gives you. Certainly enough space for a high flying business presentation (the reason I told my family I'd be buying a whiteboard) and more than enough space to leave a weekend's worth of rude messages and crudely drawn stick figures (the reason I'm actually buying a whiteboard). I've yet to test it for it's magnetic properties, but I have no doubt it'll perform well in this regard too.

The board comes with a little clip-on bit to hold pens and Mint Imperials, as well as some screws and plastic mounting brackets so you can attach it to a wall. These come in a little plastic bag and I fear I've already lost them, so take care to keep them safe until you're ready to mount the board.

5.0 out of 5 stars What more could one want?, 9 Aug 2010
This review is from: 5 Star Whiteboard Drywipe Magnetic with Pen Tray and Aluminium Trim W900xH600mm (Office Product)
From the outset, it is important to note that this is a whiteboard. With that in mind, it is difficult for me to be too effusive. It is as much of a whiteboard as you are ever likely to desire, and for that reason it merits a five star rating.

On a practical note, I did not use the screws to secure it. However, securing the board to a wall looks to be very simple assuming you have the necessary tools (a drill and screwdriver basically). The tray fits on well, and would be far more secure had I used the screws.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 Nov 2010
received the whiteboard today and I am really pleased with it. Immaculate condition and came within 3 days. So pleased I did not go to a retailer as they are pricey. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, Great Price !!!, 10 Aug 2011
I actually can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet. I have had this board for a year and it has been awesome.
I have used this board heavily with some corners of the board having writing left on for months whilst others constantly being updated every few days. The board copes brilliantly and as iam finally off from uni for the summer i have rubbed the entire board clean and the board looks as if new.
Writing on the board is a pleasure and the grip of the pen onto the board is perfect the board isn't too slippy nor is it very dry.
I do use the 5 star board pens simply because they were the cheapest on amazon so i guess i wouldnt be able to comment on how well these work with other pens. I also just used a tissue to clean every day and a bit of soapy water which was sprayed onto the board when i wanted a fully clean board.
Only downsides of this board is that it really should be fixed onto a wall (which i am now allowed to do in my room) and also the frame is so thin and the board so big that sometimes it feels as if you could push the board out of the frame, again this is probably because i am not using the baord as it was intended to.
The size of this board was near perfect for me i did wish it was a bit bigger but even now i am able to multi task and dedicate sections of the board to different needs which in smaller boards would not be possible.
One last thing yes it is magnetic but only the board not the frame.

All in all a superb board a must for uni students and anyone else. If you are looking at whiteboards then this should be your choice. Great size, great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent whiteboard for the money, 13 Oct 2009
Neil Crosby - See all my reviews
I've had this whiteboard for just over two months now, and I've got to say I'm very happy with it. Unlike Ms Harmer my board was delivered quickly and undamaged. The surface of the board is easy to write on, and wipes cleanly and quickly even when ink has been left on it for a couple of weeks.

I'm now looking to buy a second board to go alongside it and create one big whiteboard wall in my little office.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but fine at [...] delivered., 27 Dec 2010
Writing surface is fine and is definitely white for all practical purposes but is perhaps very, very slightly grey when compared to the pure brilliant white of a piece of white paper.
Corner clips a bit awkward to fit as noted by someone else.
Tray fits easily (just read the simple instructions!) (and stays on when board is screwed to the wall) but it is too small for pens and a board rubber. (Just fits four pens)
Main gripe was that the screws are of very poor quality and one snapped in half as I was screwing it in. Take it gently or use your own.

However, it works fine overall and at [...] delivered is a good enough product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Adequate to get job done, 22 Feb 2011
Mr. P. Holden (West Moors, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought Two A1 boards from different suppliers, unfortunately this one although being
more expensive by 4 was nowhere near the quality of the other I purchased.
For wall mounting- this item is fine, However my application was to have it
mobile and not supported on a wall, this one is rather flimsey and had a twist of around 40mm.
I subsequently have this one on my wall(unplanned)and works fine in that application.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good.., 13 Mar 2008
Very good price compare to the competitors.. Delivered very quickly. Nice big board.. On the whole, I am satisfied.

3.0 out of 5 stars One or two minor problems, 19 Oct 2010
First one had marks, so returned it by courier (free) and had replacement very soon. Be sure to follow the instructions: it needs to be prepared before writing for the first time. The biggest problems are that the corner pieces do not click into position (I've had to use Sellotape) and the pen tray is difficult to snap on and off. Generally OK, especially since it maintains its shine if cared for properly.