4.0 out of 5 stars hands free wannbe
Published on 17 April 2007 by T. knight

3.0 out of 5 stars Cardo Scala Rider
The unit works fine apart from the mentioned short mic. The unit is not sold as being waterproof. A bit of a problem given our climate in the UK. Warranty claims means the unit has to be shipped back to the USA
Published on 3 Oct 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Cardo Scala Rider, 3 Oct 2008
This review is from: Scala Rider SOLO Motorcycle Handsfree Bluetooth Kit (Accessory)

4.0 out of 5 stars hands free wannbe, 17 April 2007
purchasing from elite not a problem ordered sunday arrived tuesday well packaged. Now onto the unit read a lots of reviews on this product. And it appeared to be what I wanted. Pros easy fitting unless you have a flip lid or schubeth c2 helmet. Sound is very good can hear it with ear plugs in. the instructions on pairing should be a little clearer the first time you need to press and hold until paired. works fine with my garmin zumo. Cons the boom mike is to short for flip lids. it needs to be a whole lot longer.the manufacturer are looking at the fittings to flip lids and that should be fixed inafew months time. as long as the padding in the helmet against the shell is fairly flexible it will fit no problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scala Helmet Kit, 6 Nov 2011
I bought this item to compliment my Tom Tom Rider. I used it when I travelled to France in May. It works very well, clear audio and a good battery life. Thoroughly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands free on a motorbike, 2 May 2007
I have used a scala rider bluetooth for the past year. I am told that the reception at the other end is the equivalent of talking on a landline in an office. Certainly the reception on the bike is crystal clear at speeds less than 70 mph. The device fits to the helmet quickly and easily, but on one helmet I had to cut a bit of the plastic trim to get a secure fit. The handsfree voice dialling works well, but occasionally it was difficult to locate the "off" button when wearing motorcycle gloves. Thouroughly recommended for those essential calls, but remember to keep your concentration on the road!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helmet intercom, 4 Jan 2012
Such an amazing product. Have only charged it once and its still got power 6weeks later. Sounds amazing 2. Dispatched very quickly, service great

1.0 out of 5 stars bit of a let down, 25 Jan 2014
mack (thorpe mandeville) - See all my reviews
I bought this scala solo from burrows gps , they were very good and it was cheap.
It was shipped out pretty fast and it was easy to fit into my shoei gt air.
Firstly it would not pair with my galaxy s4 , the phone did but not any spoken directions from the google maps sat nav. I know it can work because it worked on my old bluetooth helmet all the way to auschwitz and back.
I have contacted cardo for help but heard nothing.
Now I find it won't pair with my peaklife sat nav either..joy.
I rode to dorchester and back today..some 300 miles and found the phone calls to be poor at best.
My wife rang me and I missed every call , I rang her and it was quiet , had to slow right down and tuck in behind a truck.
Even with the volume right up it was too quiet for a motorcycle.
I will be sending this back and asking for a refund.
Oh yeah..its not waterproof!!

good point.. battery lasts for ages..well it would do wouldn't it.. it just sits on stand by and when it does work it whispers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scala, 11 Dec 2011
What a great bit of kit, I have recommended this to all my biker friends, and anyone else that would like to talk on the move

5.0 out of 5 stars cardo scala rider, 16 Mar 2010
Eric John Vickery (spain) - See all my reviews
Good product does what it says. Works well with garmin sat nav (zumo 550).And with additional s/d card your own choice of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, 24 Feb 2014
Works a treat. Glad we bought this, connects straight to the tom tom and easy to connect to the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good., 12 July 2014
I did not find this as easy to fit to any of my helmets as I was led to believe. I had to use the "Once Only" sticky pad mounting to attach it. Once set up however, it works well. A trifle expensive for what it does and there is no guarantee that it will connect to your Satav. In fact it will not pair with my TomTom so I just use it for 'phone calls at which it is very good. Battery life is excellent but can only be recharged from the mains whichj restricts things a little.

Scala Rider SOLO Motorcycle Handsfree Bluetooth Kit