5.0 out of 5 stars steam cuisine !
Published on 11 Aug 2009 by Sara Moss

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 11 Feb 2011 by jeannie mac

5.0 out of 5 stars steam cuisine !, 11 Aug 2009
Sara Moss "sara jane" (welling, kent, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this 3 tier steamer to allow me to cook more healthy meals for my family ! This steamer consists of a large bottom pan, 2 inserts for steaming and a glass lid with a steam vent hole. I like the glass lid as you can watch the top layer of food cooking. I regularly use the bottom pan and lid together as a separate cooking pot. This is a nice modern stainless steel steamer, value for money, easy to clean, practical cooking pot. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain!, 12 Oct 2010
Jennifer "Jen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
A couple of days after ordering, my steamer pan arrived. The first thing I noticed was how light the box felt.

On opening the box, the three pans and the lid were wrapped individually inside. As I unwrapped them and held them in my hands, I was really surprised how light they felt, yet the quality seemed fine to me. They appeared sturdy enough and although lightweight, they are certainly not flimsy.

The steamer pan consists of an 18cm stock pan, glass lid with steam release hole and two steamer insert pans. It also features an encapsulated base for even heat distrution.
It is suitable for gas, electric, hot plate, ceramic and halogen hobs and is also safe to use in the dishwasher.

I have been using my steamer pan for a good few weeks now and am happy to report that any fears I had about this not being a good quality product have been completely allayed.

Steaming vegetables in this pan is much quicker than when boiling them in individual saucepans and I couldn't believe just how much better they taste too!

Sometimes I have bought pans where the handles and/or the knob on the lid become very hot whilst in use. I am happy to report here that neither the stainless steel handles on the sides of the pan, nor the knob on the lid become hot when in use, making it totally safe to touch.

The fact that this pan is so lightweight also makes it an easy option for those who cannot lift heavy objects.

I haven't had any problems with vegetables sticking to the pans at all and it is also very easy to clean.

There are larger steamer pans than this available and I was worried that this one may be too small for my needs, but I am more than happy with it. It holds enough veg for myself, partner and daughter. And when my other daughter comes to visit for tea there is still enough veg to go round.
I think if you are cooking a large meal, such as a Christmas dinner for a few people, or if you have more than four mouths to feed, then you may need to invest in two pans or buy a larger one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
I ordered this to replace a larger 24cm steamer set, because I wanted to cook smaller portions and lift a less heavy pan. On those 2 points the set would score well - it weighs next to nothing - it also, as another reviewer says, looks good. However, it is made of the thinnest stainless steel I have come across and the bottom of the saucepan (described as "encapsulated") is only about as thin as the sides. It is reasonable to expect the bottom of the pan to be thicker to enable an even heat. If this pan were to boil dry, I suspect it would burn through! I put the pan away for a couple of weeks with a drop or 2 of water not having been dried off the bottom and I now have 2 large rust marks on it. This has never happened with any of my other stainless pans. In my view, this pan is not worth even the low price it is being sold for - certainly not if you plan to use it regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good steaming pan, 26 Nov 2009
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
Its is smaller than I expected it to be. But very convinient in smaller kitchen. Does the job, steams very quickly and the only bad thing is that the handle on the glass lid gets hot.

5.0 out of 5 stars steamer pans, 19 Aug 2010
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
bought these steamer pans recently. what an exellent buy, price good and performance exceeded my expectations. food steams to perfection. i well recomend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 4 Oct 2010
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
Encouraged by the other reviews I bought this despite its low price. It turned out to be very tinny and the tiers didn't fit in to each other properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually makes vegetables taste better!!, 5 July 2010
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
I have always wanted a steamer because i heard this was the best way to eat vegetables and i have grown tired of boiled veg that tasted horrible. I didn't go for an electric one because i heard many reviews about them breaking down or not steaming properly so i bought this one instead.

First off the design is great and looks simple and expensive at the same time. secondly when you try it out you will be even more impressed with how better spuds, broccoli , cauliflower and many other vegetables taste ,they taste the way they are supposed to taste and not boiled to death.

I have used it virtually for every meal since well worth the money and definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
Great steamer. Small and light and veg tastes great. Handle doesn't burn either when food ready. Very pleased! 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan

3.0 out of 5 stars Only okay!, 18 Feb 2011
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
Looks smart and works fine but for the money I would have expected it to be a better quality. The metal trim around the lid is so soft it dents very easily. The only sturdy part is the bottom pan. Ikea do one much cheeper that looks just as good and feels better quality!

3.0 out of 5 stars Saucepans good but not complete, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: 3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan (Kitchen & Home)
Arrived without the lid , lucky I have spare lid that fits else I would have returned it, good size

3 Tier Stainless Steel Multi Steamer Pan