4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, pretty and useful!
Published on 20 Oct 2007 by Tina Mammoser

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for new Macbook!
Do not waste your money on this if you have a new unibody Macbook. I bought one, thinking it looked great, and it said it would fit Macbook or Macbook Pro. It won't. You'll get the top on no problem, but there is no way that the bottom will fit on an unibody Macbook.

Published on 6 Feb 2010 by Victoria Smart

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, pretty and useful!, 20 Oct 2007
Tina Mammoser "tina-m-art" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speck MacBook 13" See Thru Case - PINK (Personal Computers)
Bought this after looking online and getting advice from the Apple pros in the store. Very nicely made and simple to click into place. I had seen a few reviews online saying it was difficult to remove so I tried it right away - took about 10 second to remove top and bottom so no problem there. If you're a purist it will protect from surface damage, or if you're like me it gives you an excuse to put stickers (my business logo, honest!) on your MacBook. It's the only protection I could find that is in place while using the laptop, in case of an accidental drop or slip.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for new Macbook!, 6 Feb 2010

I was very disappointed, as there was nothing in the product name to indicate which version of Macbook this case fits, and I now have to spend more money trying to find a case that will fit my laptop. We even tried sawing various pieces off, in order to get the thing in, but to no avail.

Do not buy these cases, they're no use to an owner of a new Macbook.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for new Macbook (aluminium body), 13 Jun 2009
This does not fit the new macbook at all !! It is strange that the product description doesnt mention it anywhere !! I had to return it and order another ! Be careful if you own a new 13" macbook !!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good - but...., 2 April 2009
J. Swingler (England) - See all my reviews
It looks good. It provides stylish protection for your beloved white Mac. It is easy to use. But it does seem a lot of money for what is essentially two bits of plastic. Furthermore I had to give mine a thorough clean when it arrived. Helpfully it came with it's own cloth, but I really shouldn't have to clean it straight out of the box. I might be over critical, but it does already have a number of scratches on it before it was even used.

Nevertheless it adds a touch of individuality and means I feel more comfortable taking it on a trip abroad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the new MacBooks, 28 Mar 2009
E. Ward "Elle Belle" (London) - See all my reviews
I ordered this as it seemed like a perfect item for protecting my new MacBook, but when I received it today and attempted to attach it it became quickly obvious that it was not made for the new (Dec 08) MacBooks. Although it seems to fit, it stops the MacBook from opening and also blocks at least 3 of the ports on the side.

So if you have an earlier MacBook perhaps perfect, but the if you are looking for protection for the new ones, don't waste your time!

2.0 out of 5 stars Scratches the sides!!!, 31 Jan 2010
P. Madeira "visionairee" (London) - See all my reviews
I was thinking the laptop looked ok with my new specks, until last month when I decided to remove them, and the sides of my macbook are totally full of heavy scratches made by the speck itself!

The speck also makes the computer much bigger than it is, and its always getting dirty on the inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple Case, 14 July 2010
I love this MacBook 13" case! It makes my Apple personalised. I wish they would have more colours for me to choose from. As I bought my Apple in June 2009, I have the previous generation of Apple MacBook and therefore not many places stock cases for these. Please have more colours thank you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but leaves scratches., 26 Mar 2010
Gadget Girl (Wild West Country) - See all my reviews
I bought this at the same time I bought my much loved Macbook to protect it.

Firstly, easy to fit and makes it look soooo pretty (with the added advantage that the boys in the house will not borrow it however much they envy because it is pink)

Within the first few days the black non-slip feet came off and left a yukky sticky residue :(

Then I noticed that there were scratches - hey I thought, it is doing its job and protecting my lovely white Macbook.

Upon further investigation, it is the case that was scratching my Macbook :(

So now I have removed and disposed of the Pink and purchased a Cool Bananas Neoprene sleeve which is fab and protects as well as looking cool.

[ASIN:B002YO3R1E COOL BANANAS RainSuit Neoprene Sleeve Zipit - Bag Pocket for Macbook Pro 13,3 Zoll Zoll in black/red]]

Dissapointing product which showed so much promise![