on 22 April 2009
I loved this series!!! Stumbled across one episode on cable TV and enjoyed it so much, I went online to see if it was available on DVD. Absolutely delighted to find that there were a number of episodes & purchased it with the intention of watching it one episode per week. I became so rapt in the relationships between the characters, I watched the entire boxed set over one weekend!!!!! The final episode of "City Lights" seemed open ended to me, so I am hopeful more episodes may be written in the future.
on 1 July 2009
I bought this on the strength of seeing Christmas lights and I'm very glad I did. Christmas and Northern lights are to me the best as i found City lights lost some of it's humour. Never the less, it's an excellent series and a must have.
on 17 January 2014
I remember first seeing the cast in their Christmas special and I'm glad that they carried it on. Every programme makes for great viewing, and there are some very, very funny moments. It's a great cast and they make their storylines feel natural. if you are looking for some quality viewing then look no further.
on 28 May 2007
this is a must-have dvd for fans of good comedy. What a laugh and it has some more serious issues as well.

all round a good family comedy box-set.
on 16 May 2014
A nice box set with Robson Green and Mark Benton who are best friends and neighbours. Each episode tests this friendship but it always end up alright. The comedy between the two of them is very good and overall is a good box set to own.
on 25 January 2012
This DVD-Box was everything that was promised on the cover. It was funny in the right places, sappy in the right places and even serious or sad in the right places. Robson Green and Mark Benton were wonderful together as was Nicola Stephenson as Colin Armstrong's wife. Kudos to British TV; I really wish it were advailable in German so that I could share this with some of my friends. The reason why I bought this DVD was that Robson Green starred in it. I know he's a big star in the UK and I loved his Tony Hill in Wire in the Blood, but I didn't know he had such a talent for comedy.
This series is for anyone who likes a good comedy but not slapstick - Great, great, great! I wish I could give more than 5 stars. City Lights was not as brilliant as Christmas Lights or Northern Lights but still great.
on 25 February 2013
THIS RATING WAS MORE THAN JUSTIFIED, BRILLIANT CAST, YOU REALLY COULD FEEL THE FUN,LOVE, TEARS. WOULD TELL ALL MY FRIENDS. IN FACT SEVERAL HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT IT NOW. ALL THE FAMILY COULD WATCH AND REALLY ENJOY HOW OFTEN, CAN YOU SAY THAT.!!!!
on 23 February 2013
TWO SISTERS MARRIED TO TWO FRIENDS, ALL THE MISHAPS AND JEALOUSIES THAT THESE TO COUPLES CAN GET INTO LIVING NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER, GREAT LAUGHS
on 12 July 2013
Wanted this for ages, and decided I must get it. It didn't disappoint.
Highly recommend. Mark Benton & Robson Green are a great team.
on 10 August 2013
Never got the chance to see this when it was on the box, really enjoyed it, you can feel Paul Seed's brilliant direction in this series.