Ordered these with my parents or 'Santa' for Christmas 2011. I am 12 but please still read my review.

Service:
Published on 13 Feb. 2012 by Sharon.R

1.0 out of 5 stars Never a proper.
Being a Skinhead,I should know - this is cheap and nasty version from Thailand,the leather is far too thin with a plastic feel to it.Come on keep it real DM's.Insult to British tradition :(
Published 6 months ago by Mr. Cp Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was a risk....A GREAT ONE (a kids review please read), 13 Feb. 2012

Service:
Great service. I'd been excited and nervous to order them. We did so, got an email taht they would be shipped the next day and should arrive within 5 working days. They arrived in 3 in orriginal Dr Marten packaging (to me joy). I oppened them up to make sure they were the correct pair. I ordered the dark purple Dr Martens 1460. They were beautiful; didn't want to wait for Christmas day!!! PLEASENOTE: IF THEY ARE NOT IN THEIR ORIGINAL DR MARTEN BOX THEY COULD BE DODGY. Service is 4/5

PRODUCT:
The product os beautiful;. I have had them for 3 months and there isn't a scratch on them. The sole hasn't worn down at all , unlike other shoes. There has been some complaints about comfort. I literally put them on my feet the minute I got them and I have felt no pain at all. I were bed socks with them purely for sze issues as I am not a proper size 3. I have had no trouble with colour rubbing off either. On the sole, mine say THE ORIGINAL so any complaints with the ones that say that may be purely unlucky people. They seem to be ab A beautiful sight for others as well. I wore them to school and received many compliment. They even made 'Doc Haters' look impressed too. Product is 5/5

Price:
The price was extremely reasonable from Amazon. On the Dr Martens UK website they were £80-85, whereas, on Amazon, they were £65!!! That is quite good to me. Price is 5/5

OVERALL Rating :
Likes: This product is completely likable. The only way you could dislike them is if they were dodgy. That is unlikely.
Dislikes: Nothing
Looks: They are beautiful, eye catching and unusual. There is nothing bad about the way they look. 5/5
Comfort:Very comfortable. No blisters or rubbing was experienced.I was actually getting ready for it but there was no need. 5.5
Whole product: 5./5
THANK YOU FOR READING I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS YOUR DECISION ON WHETHER OR NOT TO BUY DR MARTENS.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 9 Jan. 2015
Hairy lip (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Doc Martens are the one boot that I always return to, for a very good reason.
This boot takes some breaking in, there is no way to sugar coat that, even as a seasoned Doc wearer wearing a new pair always gives me blisters at first until they are broken in, which takes a thick pair of socks and several hours round the house.
However when you have broken them in they are brilliant,very comfortable and they seem to last forever, my black pair is celebrating its 20th birthday very soon and yes they have some wear on them but there is plenty of life left in them.
The cherry red boot is well made from strong leather and of course the famous bouncing sole, it looks fabulous and goes with everything, they look especially great with jeans, adding a smart casual twist to your outfit.
They have stood the test of time and hopefully will never change.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never a proper., 1 Oct. 2014
Mr. Cp Ellis - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars DM's Forever!, 30 May 2013
I've been wearing DM's for years, probably the most comfortable boot in the world. The more you wear them, the more comfortable they are. They mould to your feet and become personal!
My past boots have been 'Made In England', these ones I've just bought are made in Vietnam. Don't let that put you off.
The quality is as good as it has always been, if it was rubbish Dr. Martens wouldn't sell them.
Still as popular as ever and remain a cult icon.
Love 'em to bits and don't like taking them off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Put a bounce in your step, 17 Oct. 2008
Henk Beentje "Henk Beentje" (Kew, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
What is not to like? This is a true classic, and even if you don't care a hoot about classics, it is a seriously good boot. The air-sole puts a little bounce in your step; it gives good ankle support; it feels all-round good, and it looks pretty neat, too. Mind you, you have to walk them in a bit - they are not comfortable right from the beginning. But don't give up, walk around in small bits at the start, and in a while it will shape itself to your feet and feel like a perfect fit. Some people recommend putting them in a bucket of water and then walking around the block in them, sopping wet, to speed up the process, but I haven't tried that!
I have had mine for four years and they are great. Oxblood red, if you must know, which contrasts well with the yellow trim. I have walked in town, at work and on long walks through the wilds of Surrey with them, and they are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 14 May 2013
These boots are amazing, absolutely beautiful quality leather and stitching, really shiny and very cool. I thought they would rub my feet at first and require 'weariing in' around the house, but, I have to say, although they were a little stiff they are totally comfortable already. (I wore them indoors for a few hours first). I don't think you will be disappointed in these practical and yet stylish boots, I wear them with everything. The price is excellent too, when compared to high street stores where they retail at £90+.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 years on. I have all the answers if your worrying about if you should bust the bank on them., 8 Aug. 2013
When I was 15 I set my eyes on the oxblood 1460 Docs, I wanted some for ages and when it finally came to my birthday I managed to scrape together £100 and buy my first pair of boots.
I went in with my heart set on some oxblood ones and I came out with smooth black ones. I decided I wanted to wear them for school, which I did everyday with my tight black trousers which I tucked into my boots with the laces raped around the boot and tied at the front. I got told off for wearing them everyday but I loved them.

Now onto the shoe:

Mine are the Black 1460 Boot-Smooth at £100.

Where from?
Leeds Doc Martins shop.(buy them new they could be fakes)

Sizing?
I differ from a size 6 to 7. My foot is pretty wide and the length is normal, I had to get a 7 to fit my foot. If you have thin feet I would advise getting a 6.5 if not still a 7 because they are more comfortable loose for when your feet expand in the heat.

How they fit/fitted (breaking them in):
At first they are really tight they take effort to get on and they hurt so bad to break in. When you first walk a fair way in them DEFIANTLY wear socks. Where they hurt me was on my widest part of my foot (they were tight) and the supporting heal. It took me (wearing them nearly every day)about 3 months to break them in maybe a bit more. Just persist with them because when you do break them in they are amazing! So comfortable and in snow and ice I never fell over.

What they are like in weathers:
In normal weather they just look and feel amazing.
In rain they are 100% waterproof because they are leather i have walked into puddles over my laces and my feet haven't got wet. If they do just polish them with leather cleaner to boost the leather skins moisture and they will be good as new.
In warm weather they are pretty warm and this is when they start to smell however I did get told if you put news paper in them they take the smell away (I've never tried). They might be warm but with a dress/shorts they look awesome because they are on full show.
In ice/Snow they are the best shoes ever especially if you leave walking to your destination with no spare time for delay. I haven't fallen once in these, I haven't got snow in my shoes, when everyone else is moaning they have cold feet from the snow that's when you really love your docs. I bought my docs at Christmas and that January and February we got our snow, slipper socks and Doc Martens what a team.

So 5 years on and how are they doing?
Well they still look amazing on the outside but on the inside well there alright and the sole not as good as they were.

The sole:
Well the under the arch part has started to fade off, i would say an inch square and on the back of the heal in the corners I have worn about 1cm off.

The look of the shoe:
I have a couple of scuffs from when i scuffed them climbing at brimham rocks but not much, they have creases on the part where you bend your toes, above the support part on the ankles, the yellow thread is still going strong around the sole and still yellow, one stitch on the shoe lace part has come away but its not obvious and its been that way for about a year and nothing has come away further, there is a slight breakage from the crease probably because I have only polished them once in the whole of the 5 years of owning them and them being my 80% go to footwear for the whole 5 years.

The inside:
I do have an extra sole in them now because they have lost their comfort ever so slightly, they do mold to your feet so i wouldn't advise getting them second hand because if they walked more on the inside of their feet and you walked more on the back part of your foot they will be uncomfortable and you will find yourself walking on the inside of your foot like them and that will give you aches in your feet and legs not worth it. The heal support is coming away ever so slightly so i am afraid that Ill break them more. They also leak a little but not so my feet are sapping wet but apart from being a bit fostey from mud, rain and woodland they are still looking top notch.

Overall:
I have worn mine nearly non stop for 5 years at school, climbing rocks and trees, hiking and splashing in puddles I think they have been 100% worth the money they still look (when on) only about a month old for appearances they do leak a little but I can deal with that. I have some for life boots on oxblood coming tomorrow so I wonder if they are as amazing as my original boots we will see.
I hope I have helped and not bored you with my preposition on everything but thanks for reading and I hope you get some!
Take Care, Jes. x

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 23 Dec. 2014
I bought my first pair of DM's over 40 years ago and have owned at least one pair ever since. The last pair I bought was the first pair that were not made in the UK. I've got a pair of UK made boots to compare them with. The UK boots are fantastic quality. The new pair have inferior leather which is badly cut and the manufacturing is not as good. Dr martens however still charge premier prices.
I grew up seeing "Made in the UK" and Union Jack stickers on lots of products and didn't really appreciate the quality it implied or the aims of the campaign.Its only when its gone you understand how good it was, how poor the alternative is and the liberties that manufactures are taking by selling inferior products at the old "made in the UK" prices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boots to make you smile, 5 April 2013
I am getting quite a collection of Dr Martens building up now, & this pair are definitely perfect for brightening up dull days!
The leather is nice & soft, so they're very comfortable straight from unboxing. I usually suffer greatly from destroyed feet when breaking in Dr Martens, but this pair were a dream.
The print is very cute, I like how the little flowers make the boots very cheerful & also they soften the intensity of the yellow base colour. They're fab with so many outfits, I wear them with tie-dye leggings!
Also pretty easy to clean, I just use a warm damp cloth since I doubt boot polish comes in yellow floral ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars All round comfort, 20 Oct. 2009
Karen (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
I brought these boots expecting them to be heavy being a woman but how wrong I was.
The first time I wore them they were pure comfort no blisters or sore feet like I always get from other footwear. I got them because I got fed up buying cheap footwear thats only last a month. I am really pleased with these and wear them everywhere and would recommend them to anyone. Well worth paying the price for comfort.