5.0 out of 5 stars Great Garage

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't make them like they used to
Published on 29 Dec. 2008 by V. Kateley

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't make them like they used to, 29 Dec. 2008
V. Kateley - See all my reviews
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
This toy isn't as fun and interactive as it should be simply because it isn't made well enough! It is easy to build and is sturdy, withstanding the full force of a toddler. However the lift to take cars back to the top of the ramp sticks and jams - there's a definitely knack to it, which is frustrating for a toddler and a bit much to expect of them. The cars also don't tip out of the lift at the top as they should.
Having only two vehicles included is also quite limiting, and not all shapes and sizes of other cars fit down the spiral ramp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Garage, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
I read the reviews on this and there were a lot of people saying the elevator gets stuck and sticks (very true) all though all it took to fix this was a bit of cooking spray and blob of Vaseline in the moving parts and it just glides up and down now, my 22 month old son can do it no problem. Also it only comes with two cars but I got a three pack of cars from mother care to go with it for £5 and they go and work so well with this garage that you would not even know that it was not part of the set....
Over all I am happy with this great toy that can stand up to my son who is heavy handed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice, 29 Dec. 2008
B. BROOKS-SMITH (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
This is the best Christmas present I bought my 17 month old son this year for sure. From the moment he opened it he must have played with it for over 3 hours during the day, and is the toy he goes back to time and time again. Yes, the lift does stick slightly and he is not able to operate it himself at the moment, and they could give you more than two cars ... however, saying that he has found lots of existing cars, bits of lego, bricks, etc. that whizz down the spiral ramp to his great glee and amusement. He absolutely loves it and I am really pleased I bought it for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice wide spiral track, 27 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
I run a parent and toddler group, and play garages like this one are always very popular. We bought this new one in September to replace our old Fisher Price garage because we have cars in a lot of different shapes and sizes and they kept getting stuck in the small track and lift in the old garage. This new model has a nice wide track that accommodates the cars that came with it as well as most of our old cars nicely. We haven't yet had any problems with the lift sticking, as others seem to have, and it gets played with quite a lot. Most of the children love it, although one little boy keeps asking us to bring out the old one - I guess some people just don't like change!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 19 Aug. 2009
Mrs. N. Murphy (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
I remember having one as a little girl and could not wait to get one for my son (1 year). Many reviews said how hard the lift was to pull up and down but my son seem to NOT have a problem which is great. He absolutely loves the tow truck and its noises. Lots of other vehicles happily whoosh down the roadway. Shame they don't supply more cars with it but it is a super toy and will last as Fisher Price always do! Would very much recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 22 Mar. 2010
S. Stafford "Inez" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
I found this garage terrible. The one car is too big for the toy, and the handle for the elevator is very difficult to pull up, and once you managed to get the car to the top, it does not even roll down.

5.0 out of 5 stars fisher price garage, 19 Dec. 2009
A. Knights (Cleveland. England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
This is a great garage, very durable for little ones. Bought for great grandson who loves the lift and cars .Spends hours playing with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great first garage, 1 Sept. 2010
G. Woolley (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
I bought this for my sons 2nd birthday this weekend and he loves it. Its very sturdy and put together well. You get 2 cars and 2 people with it. The bigger car makes different noises and the lift has a bell that rings when it goes up passed the other floors. The lift can be a bit difficult for smaller children to pull up but apart from that its a great first garage. In the description it says batteries not included, but when i bought it at Argos, batteries were already included.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 30 Nov. 2009
K. D. Smith (leeds, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
i brought this for my sons 1st birthday, he is car mad so i wanted to find a garage that was for his own age, i brought this one as there isn't many more for the same age group as my son, i am very happy that i picked this one,

the garage is made really well like other items from the little people range, my son loves this, he loves being able to put the cars down the ramp, and he also likes the lift, which has a bell on the lift and when its reaches the top, the bell goes ding. my son still likes playing with this and he is 2 1/2 years old now. the garage is easy to put together and has lasted over two years of play, so well worth the money, i highly recommend this product

3.0 out of 5 stars But it for the Entertainment, Not the Quality, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Little People Racin' Ramps Garage (Toy)
I bought this item for my son as a first birthday present after he fell in love with it at a playgroup. He loves pushing cars down the ramp, turning the flags on the top, and messing with the lift, and it's provided him with hours of entertainment. I agree with a lot of other reviewers though that it is a big cheap and plastic feeling. Each floor has little plastic tabs that snap into the structure; I find that the floors pop up slightly from time to time, making it hard for cars to exit the elevator. Since it's lightweight, it also sometimes tips over when my son tries to pull up on it.

Despite all that, I'd still buy it again because it keeps my little boy happy. Do kids care about having wooden toys? Not at this age. He loves it!