on 15 December 2010
I purchased this universal hook as I damaged the original one that came with my ridge ladder.
It was easy to fit to the ladder and one year on it's still doing just fine. I check the nuts/bolts every few weeks but have never needed to tighten them. It is used moderately as I often replace roofing tiles, re point chimneys or scrape off roof moss etc.

Overall I am very pleased, it has lasted longer than I expected.
on 4 September 2012
I have to say that the product looks a lot more robust in reality than it appears in the pictures. Although bolting it on to my ladder took 10 minutes or so, once fitted as per the supplied instructions, it was not going anywhere. Excellent price compared to similar items and fast delivery into the bargain.
on 26 July 2012
Fast efficient service, item as described,easy to fit to existing ladder, excellent for the occasional diy use, no problem in recommending.
on 18 January 2013
This hook does the job it's intended to do. However it is a bit fiddly to put together with your standard ladder, takes about 20 minutes to attach. But when bolted on it is secure and does the job. It will save you hiring a roof ladder every time you need to access the heights.
on 12 August 2012
Perfect - not too costly - fits my ladder - no problems. Able to get the job done with ease. I did not have to wait long for it to arrive either. Certainly recommend seller and item.
on 10 May 2012
The roof hook fits securely to any ladder and in use it feels secure I do not think the wheels on the back of the ladder would last long if the the ladder was being used regularly but for DIY use it is perfect.
on 27 February 2012
This works very well and I would recommend it to other buyers. Easily takes my weight and seems very strong and safe to use, easy to attach to your ladder and good value for money.
on 24 March 2013
I am very pleased with this product so much safer going up the roof with the hook attached. Don't know why we didn't have one before!
The U- bolts are fairly long that secure the hook to the rungs of the ladder , so that varying sizes of rung can be catered for, I guess our rungs were smaller so it took some time to fit on so we have decided to leave the hook on the ladder for use of use again rather than remove them each time.
In use they are very secure and safe , delivery was prompt and secure.
on 28 August 2014
I like this item, it's not expensive but provides a measure of safety whilst working on a roof. Two comments I have, one is that the plastic wheels are a bit hard but I've replaced them with rubber ones. The only other thing is the fixing bolts project up and catch on clothing but I've attached some plastic sleeving. Minor comments but I've found the item to be very useful and I've certainly felt a lot safer working on the roof cleaning moss off the tiles.
on 24 February 2012
Very quick service from these people and when it came to use it,it was easy to fit together and did a good job