5.0 out of 5 stars I now call it Sony Jim
I wanted something simple and easy to use. This is it! The sound is good, and it is good tempered when I set it down hard.The controls are a piece of cake. When you are 85 you just want a nice easy way to listen to your favourite records. This Sony Walkman is now my very best friend.
Published on 11 Jun. 2009 by Ruby Smith

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars Great start, disappointing finish
Not being fussed about sound particularly or flash headgear, I bought this readily accepting this with tinny earbuds thrown in.

Published on 22 Jan. 2012 by Falky_Stevie

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars CD's Anywhere, 13 Feb. 2011
M. G. Hatfield "trekle5" (North Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)
This is a great lightweight CD Walkman true Ipod's and other devices can play or store music and more than any CD.

But this is great for short trips or a plane flight on holiday I have got this player and it works I have listen to 35 CD's on one set of batteries even when the batteries are running down their is no loss of sound.

This little lightweight CD player will play all CD's perfectly and you can have your music wherever and whenever.

It also comes from a well known and trusted company (Sony Makers of the Playstation).

It cost less than a Ipod and does the same job

3.0 out of 5 stars Great start, disappointing finish, 22 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)

The good bits: nice design, easy buttons to operate, sensible configuration, liked the battery flap being inside the player, loved the one-stop-track recall (you press stop once, player switches off but remembers exactly where it was, like an MP3 player). Now the bad stuff: 2-setting bass boost a waste, as one is even mushier than the other. LCD screen and mode indication very hard to see. Would have kept this player - you get what you pay for after all - but this one developed a fault: the player would switch itself off after playing each successive track. Being somewhat fed up of duff quality CD-players I got a refund rather than a replacement.

In short: this player is acceptable as long as it keeps working.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it, 20 Mar. 2011
Iain S. Palin (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)
Buying a portable CD player now might seem a bit retro - after all, we're told that this is the Age of MP3, and the CD is soon to go the way of the cassette audiotape. Well maybe, but not just yet.

I actually have an MP3 player, and very useful it is for filling the downtime that goes with travelling and boring chores - but I also have a good stock of CDs and don't see why I should forego them in those situations. The final thing that drove me to getting a CD player was starting a distance learning course whose lectures were distributed on CD. So a look at the various machines available on Amazon was in order.

This machine was chosen after studying the specifications, prices and reviews, and it was an excellent choice. CD players are always going to be bigger than their MP3 counterparts but this one is neat and tidy, and fits conveniently into most pockets for listening when walking or working (and there's no skipping or unevenness of sound when doing these things - I cannot comment for jogging). The sound quality is good. In other words, it does the job, and for a reasonable price. The controls are well laid out and once you have got used to them it's easy to slip a hand into the pocket and adjust the volume, skip or repeat, or whatever. Power is from two AA batteries, no rechargeable or charger provided, but it doesn't go through them quickly and is economical to run.

All in all a good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony DEJO11S.CEQ.CD Walkman, 21 Feb. 2011
D. Moulson (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)
I am really pleased with this purchase. I would have given it five stars except for the fact that it does not come with a charger and I am finding it very difficult to find a suitable one. The battery compartment was a bit awkward to manage at first but I am getting used to changing them now. You certainly need rechargeable batteries to keep costs down. I would also deter people from purchasing the carrying cover advertised as this model does not fit it no matter how hard you try, I had to return mine. All in all, I am pleased with my purchase but do take note of my comments Sony.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 19 Jan. 2010
Z. Batty (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)
I bought this for my husband who listens to a lot of audio cds (hence wanting something small to sit on the bedside table/train etc)
I he says it seems to be equally good for audio drama as well as music and is pretty impressed with the sound.
Haven't had the need for the jog protection etc but the long running battery times certainly seem to be true, been using one set of rechargables for 2 weeks now almost everyday and still going strong.
Certainly good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality portable player, 1 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)
I had a similar Sony player bought from the USA, which was very good and lasted nearly 10 years. The sound quality is good, possibly slightly more "nasal" audio than my previous one, but perfectly good for casual listening.
There are 2 reasons this didn't get 5 stars - 1: the battery life doesn't seem quite as good as the last one I had, and 2: the battery compartment is in a very awkward place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite an excellent unit, 26 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)
You can really hard to image how great this unit is, even without any metal shell and remote control that are standards for advanced ones. Its quality, as well as the earphone comes with, works perfectly. I use this unit for some symphonnies as well as some traditional musics. They are faultless. If you want a unit that combines good price and music quality, this is what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walkman, 3 Mar. 2009
M. L. Stuckey "melanie" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)
Excellent product. I have had hours of fun with audio books since I purchased this item. Thankyou. M. Stuckey.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain, 24 Nov. 2009
R. SAYERS (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)
Having owned another Sony CD Walkman for the last seven years I was rather concerned that this much cheaper machine might be sonically inferior. I was wrong! With the standard earbuds it's OK but with better earphones it's very good indeed. This player does everything required and nothing more, a refreshing change in this world of bling and gizmos. Even with the shock protection disabled it never skips and the battery life is perfectly acceptable, although not as good as my previous (but much more expensive) machine. I'm seriously thinking of buying another as a spare for when they are no longer available. I cannot praise this device highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal Sony CD Walkman, 13 April 2010
G. Kent (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (Electronics)
Bought for a relative for use during a lengthy time in hospital. Very pleased, good battery life, sound and ease of use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›