5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Walkman DEJ011S
Bought for my husband who listens to talking books and plays mainly. He says the sound quality is excellent
and he has enjoyed using this every day. I would recommend this product and would put it at the top of the list
for walkmans. Believe me, we have had many.
Published on 29 July 2011 by evieb

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Temperamental
Published 18 months ago by Mr. Brian John Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Walkman DEJ011S, 29 July 2011
This review is from: Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
for walkmans. Believe me, we have had many.

5.0 out of 5 stars I now call it Sony Jim, 11 Jun 2009
I wanted something simple and easy to use. This is it! The sound is good, and it is good tempered when I set it down hard.The controls are a piece of cake. When you are 85 you just want a nice easy way to listen to your favourite records. This Sony Walkman is now my very best friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little star, 19 Sep 2010
I bought this CD player after reading many reviews on Amazon, it's a great product with a good clear sound. I do find the battery compartment a bit fiddly but it's not a big deal so far. The CD player has a function where if you stop your CD for whatever reason, it will start the music from where you stopped. I am finding this a great value for money product and thanks everyone on Amazon for your positive reviews, they do help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony DEJ011S.CEQ CD Walkman, 16 July 2010
Colin Jones (Rhyl, North Wales) - See all my reviews
This product arrives in a bubble pack so the first challenge is to extract it without damaging anything inside or outside the package. The player is neat and lightweight, functional rather than stylish. The earphones are hook-shaped and good enough for purpose; the lead is just 1 metre. The player sounds good; it has a shuffle option and choice of tone settings. Batteries are not supplied (2 x AA-size are required); mains adaptor is not supplied. Being of an age where eyesight is not perfect, I regret that the controls are tiny and black in colour against a black background.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., 21 Sep 2009
Bought along with the Sony headphones, mainly for listening to book cd's & some music,the sound is spot on & no skipping at all good quality item at a very cheap price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walkman, 5 Jun 2009
B. L. E. Gill "Lindandbrian" (IRELAND) - See all my reviews
This product has proved its worth. My husband (who is blind) dropped the walkman on a concrete floor and it still works perfectly. It is very easy to use as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony CD Walkman, 28 July 2010
Paul Capell (Lancaster, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a model that I had had for 10 years and had served me well.That model was far more expensive.Unlike that model the controls and window are not on the top,nor as convenient,but I soon adapted to the new model.Perhaps the batteries are more fiddly to replace but the battery playing time is incredible [like with the previous model] so I do not need to change them often.The sound is excellent[even better than the other]:beautifully clear and detailed.The bass enhancement does not muddy the sound quality at all which is often not the case.There is an incredible amount of volume and I usually have it set at 4 whereas with my previous model I had it set at 7 and above always. This is an excellent piece of equipment and I am delighted with it.I can recommend it whole heartedly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good, 30 April 2009
P. Harlock "Music to my ears" (London UK) - See all my reviews
Simple to use; good sound although you may wish to buy better earphones. Also works well with small speakers but does get through batteries (even rechargeables) quite quickly. Best to use a power adaptor but Sony insist it should be theirs; costs extra naturally! Good value

5.0 out of 5 stars sony walkman, 22 Mar 2009
sony walkman - this was delivered very quickly indeed and was found to be very suitable. It was meant for my very non-technical husband and to his relief - and mine- everything worked perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Temperamental, 12 Feb 2013
The problem with the Sony DEJO11s.CEQ CD is that in common with other Sony players unless the CD is in mint condition it skips,jumps and just misbehaves,it is a Sony weakness,Some of library CD's I hire are not always well treated but my Philips radio CD player has no problems playing them at all nor does my Toshiba DVD recorder so despite rough treatment these discs are perfectly playable providing they are not played on a Sony player.
It's amazing that a company that can produce the brilliant Minidisc recorder can make such a design mess of a relatively mundane CD player.
I agree with the criticisms of the other reviewers,moving the display from the top to the side of the player is sheer design stupidity and the control buttons should be a more outstanding colour and it should all be on top, at one time you could guarantee a mains adapter so it's not much of a buy, It's only saving grace?,It has a resume facility but it's temperamental behaviour is the reason I returned it for refund,It's not up to the job.
Brian Cooper