5.0 out of 5 stars 12 Real Emotional Gems!
This new offering from the singular Mr. Stigers is once again a melting pot of material given the 'Stigers treatment'. From Paul Simon to Hoagy Carmichael, Mose Allison to Stephin Merritt (who? - I know I'd never heard of him either), this collection of 12 songs is a roller coaster ride of emotion, out-pouring of love, and love lost, and I adore every minute of it...
Published on 1 April 2007 by E. Charnley

3.0 out of 5 stars Good service
This was a present and although this particular album is not my cup of tea all was good as far as the quality and postage and packing . My parents loved it.
Published 20 months ago by C. Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 Real Emotional Gems!, 1 April 2007
E. Charnley (Derby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Real Emotional (Audio CD)

I thank Curtis Stigers for making me more adventurous in my choice of music, as I go to check out all these artists I've never heard of before, finding myself with a wider, more eclectic musical collection than ever before.

I've never heard an accordian being used on a modern piece of music, so check out Track 1 for the haunting strains of that instrument.

Track 2 was familiar to me as a musical piece, it was co-written with Jake Stigers, younger brother of Curtis. It is a goose-bump making, heartfelt love song! Curtis has made the lyrics much more appropriate to his own lady love, Amy.

Track 6, written by Curtis with Larry Goldings is a great, slow latin number that would be great for any salsa or latin dance clubs out there to play, it just makes you want to get up and shake those hips!

Once again, this one will always be in my CD player.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare treat for fans of music, 9 May 2007
This review is from: Real Emotional (Audio CD)
I'd already heard the second track, I Only Want To Be With You prior to seeing him at the Queen Elizabeth Hall at the beginning of May and absolutely loved it. I strongly urge people to see him live as it is only then you realise how much of himself he pours into each piece of music. He is hugely talented and this album's value lies in his interpretation of wonderful songs that would otherwise have probably escaped most people. Stardust was a very welcome familiar song and meant a great deal to me on a personal level. I Need You is a deeply emotional song and expertly handled. I love the Salsa arrangement on Woman Just Like You. I could not find fault with any of the tracks and am sure it will be played a great deal in my house. It's definitely one for listening to and enjoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally refreshing and very cool, 24 July 2007
This review is from: Real Emotional (Audio CD)
It's always interesting to hear an artist with jazz sensibilities performing songs from other genres, and Curtis Stigers has made something of a habit of this. On this CD, he performs a handpicked selection of numbers which reveal an adventurous artist with lots of fresh ideas. I loved his re-invention of Dylans "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight", which in Stigers' hands comes off as a swingin' lover classic. Over the course of the CD, he introduces a wonderfully varied repertoire, making strong cases for Tom Waits, Randy Newman and Paul Simon as refreshing alternatives to the Great American Songbook of Gershwin, Berlin etc. This album really opened my eyes (or ears?) to the possibility that songs from the rock era can provide just as much satisfaction as the great standards when performed with lots of heart and delicate musicality. Bravo!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and smooth sailing, 29 May 2008
This review is from: Real Emotional (Audio CD)
Not a bad mix of jazz and pop-music; something like a modernized Frank Sinatra, but with a more emotion in the voice and a bit more variety in arrangements (not better than Sinatra-only different).

The choice of songs is excellent and this is really highly recomended music for romantic evenings or as background for a dinner-party. I would personally prefer a bit more spice and swing, but this is still nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best so far, 23 Sept. 2007
M. A. Dunnington (Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Real Emotional (Audio CD)
Each new album brings more delights - this is the best album to date - everyone a winner - a superb production throughout - Curtis is the greatest!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, 9 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Real Emotional (Audio CD)
Another fine rendition of work by a quality artist. Excellent as background music or just to chill out to. Arrived in good time and was well packaged.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 28 Aug. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great music, great CD, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Real Emotional (Audio CD)
This guy is "one of the best". Fully recommend any CS music to show stunning songs and incredible sound
experience.

Real Emotional
Real Emotional by Curtis Stigers (Audio CD - 2007)