on 10 March 2008
The Natural World has long been one of the jewels in the crown of the BBC Natural History Unit's output. And this selection of episodes is, if you like, the koh-i-nor diamond in that crown. We particularly enjoyed The Wye and Trail of Tarka episode - both beautifully filmed and sensitively narrated; and the Elephant Man which is something else and a real insight into these large and complex creatures. More, please!
on 7 February 2008
Six really fascinating episodes from the series, but the two that really shine are On The Trail of Tarka and Wye - Voices from the Valley, both filmed by Charlie Hamilton James with Phiippa Forrester. Just the most stunning and atmospheric photography - every shot constructed with enormous planning, thought and creativity. Something that can be repeatedly watched with new revelations on every viewing. I know there are more subjects that have been filmed by this team, a wonderful programme on Kingfishers for example. Please please BBC give us more from this imaginative yet sensitive genius.

Ian Wolverson Kent
on 29 January 2009
Fantastic on-going BBC series of Natural World presentations. This collection of 6 of the more recent epsisodes is beautifully produced and presented. They all share the wonder of the natural world but are all so different in the way they present this to the viewer.

My personel favourite is the Invasion Of The Crocodiles for the sheer specticle of these ancient reptiles, yet the intriguing tale of the Buddha, Bees And The Giant Hornet Queen, with it's year long look at the life of the Japanese Giant Hornet and it's interactions with a buddhist bee keeper was just as intresting and well presented.

A fantastic little collection, a must have for any Naturalist.
on 13 November 2014
We bought this as our little lad loves nature films and we got a bit fed up of watching African cats which is a Disney production. the 6 films are filmed by the bbc so should have to say nay more. excellent photography music and story. my favorites are the voices from the valley and the tarka story but my boys is the salt water crocs. we've had it a few weeks now and have lost count of the number of times he's watched it. They are all worth a watch and you'll pick you own fav.
on 25 December 2013
I have a fair collection of similar DVDs from various sources but no one can rival the BBC at producing wonderful
wildlife films.The photography is superb and the range of subjects covered is astonishing. I would have no hesitation in recommending this DVD to any of my friends and will always be a fan of any BBC wildlife film.
on 10 December 2012
If you love nature as i do, this DVD is a must buy, absolutely brilliant viewing that tugs at all our emotions. So cheap at the price on a Amazon
on 20 April 2013
Not being a particular fan of television I do enjoy watching DVDs but find it quite difficult to find ones to my liking. This one ticks all the boxes for me
on 8 March 2014
Quality good, subtitles very helpful. Got this because of an order which was cancelled by zovistocks, and really enjoyed it. The quality shines through!
on 1 December 2013
I bought this for my brother and after we viewed it together was very pleased with my purchase........beautiful camerawork and commentary.
on 31 December 2013
lovely informative with wonderfull pictures and with all the information of every item you see ,you see the wonderfull and the sad