4.0 out of 5 stars graceful
I purchased this as a gift and my family were more than satisfied with the product. I was very pleased
Published on 10 Nov. 2009 by Rachel Hopkins

3.0 out of 5 stars A small Swan Lake
Hmnn,
I bought this to help compare a few Swan Lakes. Given that the stage in Iceland is somewhat restricting i.e. It's a very small stage for a very Big Ballet. Bolshoi stage is huge by comparison Maybe twice the size. The sets are I'm sure used for the touring company. They are a little drab to say the least.

The lighting given the stage size and sets...
Published on 17 Feb. 2011 by BFJ

3.0 out of 5 stars A small Swan Lake, 17 Feb. 2011
Hmnn,

The lighting given the stage size and sets was adequate. The orchestra plays very well indeed -- however I feel that the dancers found it more difficult due to the lack of rapport between themselves and the orch. Of course the orchestra was not present in the theatre. The sound being a pre-recorded version and good at that.

Well done the Kirov/Bolshoi taking Swan Lake to Iceland I enjoyed the performance- Some good dancing and emotions shown by the corps de ballet.. The Icelanders also thoroughly enjoyed it. They have good musical taste... You just can't beat Tchaikovsky's ballet music He scores the sound quite beautifully It can and has moved people to tears. Amazing.

Worth buying ? Yes !! but not as your first choice as there are bigger, brighter and more colourful recordings.

BFJ

3.0 out of 5 stars A SWAN WITH A DIFFERENCE, 14 Jun. 2007
Embury "petermoore3032" (gatley cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stars Of The Bolshoi And Kirov Play Swan [DVD] (DVD)
TWO DIFFERENT BALLERINAS FOR ODETTE /ODILE, RATHER DARK AND FAR TOO MANY LONG SHOTS. I SAW THIS ON SKY IN JANUARY, ACCEPTABLE BUT NOT MY FAVOURITE PERFORMANCE. MUCH PREFER THE KIROV VERSION WITH YULIA MAKHALINA.THIS IS THE ONE BY WHICH I RATE ALL OTHERS.

4.0 out of 5 stars graceful, 10 Nov. 2009

Stars Of The Bolshoi And Kirov Play Swan [DVD]
Stars Of The Bolshoi And Kirov Play Swan [DVD] by The Bolshoi Ballet (DVD - 2007)
Used & New from: £4.98