5.0 out of 5 stars 3 year old proof
Published on 22 Jun 2009 by EC

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too flimsy for the job!
When this arrived, my first thoughts were that it was a lot flimsier than I'd expected. None the less, I fitted it to my upright fridge freezer which has side by side doors like a cupboard. It locked no problem and was easy to open. My older kids could also operate it, but no chance for the toddler, so far so good.
THE PROBLEM.... The cupboard moves a small amount...
Published on 16 Oct 2010 by Garden of Eden

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 year old proof, 22 Jun 2009
EC "Runner and mother of two from Hove, UK. R... (Hove, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
The major issue I have with all safety equipment is that my 3 year old is assiduiously teaching his 12 month old brother how to crack all of it. No seriously - I feel like the Camp Commandant at the moment (Shhh .. She's comming! Quick play with your bricks!). I expect to see them fashioning a tunnel next ... Ok that's a bit extreme. This cupboard lock is so far the only one that hasn't been unfastened / unpicked / bitten off / un-sticked / eased off (butter works quite well). If your brood are boys with a mission to get at mummy's special chocolate; this is your lock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 23 Feb 2009
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
I sat on the floor in the kitchen last week trying to figure out the instructions for some screw on locks my wife bought, not only could I not figure it out but the thought of doing permanent harm to our expensive kitchen units was not a pleasing one, not to mention I could see me spending all day figuring out how to line the blighters up

So I bought these, they are great!! - no fixing, no worries, pretty hard for an adult to open so a toddler has no chance, an all round great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too flimsy for the job!, 16 Oct 2010
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
THE PROBLEM.... The cupboard moves a small amount when pulled, yes fingers could be trapped! Also, once pulled against while locked, the "teeth" that it slides along to lock and unlock began to snap off one by one. After three days of use, one tug too many and the lock snapped and flew accross the room like a missile!

I can strongly recommend this product http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clippasafe-Ltd-CL720-Sliding-Cabinet/dp/B000R91TEU/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1287244737&sr=8-13 which has now been on my fridge for a week with no problems. Because there is a piece either side of the handles, you get a lot less movement from the doors.

PLEASE do not waste your money on this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars They work!, 26 Feb 2010
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
Bought one to test if our 14 month old toddler could get in to our kitchen cupboards and he couldn't, so bought another 3. I was concerned that they wouldn't work as our handles are 11cm apart, but they were fine.

Pros:
- can be used straight away
- don't require any DIY
- easy to use. Our 4 year old can take them off if needed.
- cheap

Cons:
- can be seen (unlike magnetic ones).
- the doors open a small amount, which little fingers can get squeezed in. This did happen, but he didn't hurt himself.
- only works with pairs of handles - the device won't work on a single door.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple but effective, 9 Nov 2009
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
got these to fasten two kitchen cabinets that open outwards from a central bar, under the sink. Our 18 month old had started opening them and pulling out the toaster for us ("toast!!"). We got this lock today, fitted it in about 30 seconds, and now he's foiled. He's not happy. We are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, safe, child tamper resistant, good design, 19 Dec 2008
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
The title says it all. This is a brilliantly simple but effective child friendly cupboard lock. Very sturdy and tamper resistant lock. Have been looking for this for a long while (so much better than chain & padlock).

5.0 out of 5 stars Lock and roll, 18 Feb 2013
Simon B (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
Although the lock appears rather insubstantial, it's a tough piece of kit. It took approximately 7 nanoseconds for me to attach it to the door handles of a cupboard (which for some unknown reason seems to attract the unwanted attentions of my 18 month old son). It comes off easily (by which I mean it's easy for an adult to remove), and is strong enough to keep small hands out of places they shouldn't be. My wee boy is fairly strong, but this has held fast. In fact, I think the cupboard handles will break before this lock goes.

It does its intended job perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars dimensions, 12 July 2012
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
these are the specifications of the product which I had liked beforehand:
-) suitable for handles/grips up to 25 mm thick
-) distance 55 - 140 mm

I rate this product just ok, the opening mechanism seems to unlock when being heavily pulled apart by pulling one handle (if I do it, baby is not that strong yet).

3.0 out of 5 stars They do the job!, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
From the description and picture, I was expecting these to be a bit stronger. They are quite thin and flimsy, although they do the job. Just make sure you measure the gap they are needed for as these just fit ours.
My son is only 1 so it will be interesting to see if he is able to undo them in 6 months!

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock (Baby Product)
It does the job, it's easy to use, isn't permanent.
It doesn't go all the way, so the doors still open a little bit, but so far I'm happy with this buy! ( my daughter is 18 months old, and she loves opening all the kitchen cabinets)

BabyDan Cabinet Door Lock