Colour: Natural WoodChange
Price:£72.99+ Free shipping

on 6 October 2008
Bought this chair instead of the Stokke alternative, which runs about twice as expensive. Couldn't be happier. Took about 45 minutes to put this together. The threads in one of the nuts weren't quite right -- couldn't get a bolt to attach correctly (stiff action) -- but I contacted the manufacturer and they posted a new one to me; I received it within two days and it worked great. (I'm very happy with such prompt service, no questions asked.)

The chair itself looks great and is extremely sturdy. The assembly instructions were very clear. The front guard can be left on or off and the chair looks good either way. Same with the straps. My two-year old daughter is able to clamber up and down the chair with no problem. It's made eating at the table so much easier than the previous booster seat, and the plastic high chair she had to be lifted into before that. Very recommended.
0Comment55 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2010
I should start by saying I am a BabyDan fan - stairgates, travel cots, lamb fleece stroller liners - fab. However, we are really disappointed in this product for reasons mentioned by a few other reviewers.

Firstly - if you are considering a highchair like this where your baby sits up to the table then you should check whether there is something under your table that your baby can launch themselves backwards from (like the side of the table, for example). We have to push the baby away from the table, which given now he is starting to feed himself means it's rather tricky for him to reach the food on the table.

Secondly, even pushed away from the table the baby has worked out with enough gusto he can rock himself back on this chair and we can not leave him alone in the chair incase it should topple over. Our brother and sister-in-law also had this problem but at the time we thought it must be our over excited little tike nephew - not so as we've learnt ourselves.

Incidentally we were recently on holiday and the hotel had scores of Chicco highchairs with play tray attached. We thought the Chicco version wouldn't look so great in our home when we first chose the BabyDan Dan Chair, however, he was unable to rock at all in this chair (and we had 3 meals a day in this hotel for 5 nights) and having a fully wipeable chair (seat and tray) made eating with him on holiday a pleasure, not a trial -not just because someone else got to clean up.

In summary, we are considering selling the Dan Chair and buying a Chicco one, for safety, rather than aesthetics. If you do buy one, also think about the insert - it gets grubby in an instant, harbouring all the bits of crumb, banana, rice cake and basically anything your baby drops, and it is not easy to clean - comes up okay in the wash but spends so much time in the wash he's actually fine without it. Hope this helps someone considering this chair for their little one.
88 comments138 of 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 September 2012
It might seem strange writing a review almost 5 years after you buy something but we have been using this chair for a long time now and its still doing a great job. We originally bought it as we wanted our daughter to actually sit at the table with us rather than a few feet away, we also like the ability to adjust the height etc. The chair looks good and is very strong (I sometimes stand on it to change lightbulbs!).It's also very easy to clean.
Out daughter has now turned 5 and she is still happily using this chair, we have friends with older children who are also using it after 7 years-amazing!. Of all the baby items we bought so many years ago this has to be the best.
on 2 January 2013
I have had this highchair in black for nearly 3 years, I purchased it when my son was 6 months and it has been fantastic, he still uses it now. We have even ordered another one for my new baby ready for when he starts weening.

I can not believe other reviews have said it is dangerous, my son had tried to push himself back on it a few times, as they do, but because the feet are so sturdy and long it never has tipped or even rocked.

I love it, it means we can all sit up at the table as a family, it looks great with the other "grown ups" chairs and has a use for nearly every age 6 months pluss.
on 21 July 2009
Great chair, very pleased with it. Assembly easy, too. Takes a while to find good technique to get child in and out but once in sits very well and close to table.
Colour slighty orange but looks fine.
on 11 May 2009
very good gives my 2 year old freedom at meal times, and perfect height adjustments for her to sit in comfort with us at meal times, highly recommended. just wish it could stop her throwing food!!!!!
on 29 December 2014
Excellent highchair, really simple to assemble, very sturdy and looks great - as good, if not better than the more expensive stokke Tripp trapp.
My 2year old toddler is very happy with her new chair. Only downside is food crumbs do tend to accumulate at the base of the bar that fixes between her legs.
We will definately be buying one for daughter number two once she has outgrown our ikea antilop high chair which is by far the best highchair for weaning due to its very easy to clean design.
on 26 August 2010
We purchased this chair for our daughter having liked the look and functionality of it. We researched a lot and chose the Baby Dan as it had longer base legs than the Trip Trapp (nicknamed "Death Trap") after seeing videos of children launching back from the table. Our twenty month old daughter has just done this on the Baby Dan. Luckily, she hit a pram rather than falling backwards straight on to the hard wood floor which would have been a lot more serious situation than the bloody cut we are dealing with now. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT - ours is going in the bin tonight and I will be writing to the company and all stockists accordingly.
0Comment24 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2013
We already had one for my other son and found it so good we bought another. Very much like the stokke chairs but a fraction of the price. Great for allowing little ones to sit right up at the table with adults. Only slight criticism is the lap strap never tends to be long enough by the time you get it through the securing loops and round your child and my children are quite slight.
on 13 May 2013
Great chair! My little girl of 7 months just loves it, cos she can sit right up to the table with everyone. It was easy to put together and very sturdy. I also bought a chair pad for it. All in all delighted with it!