‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great postbox, rubbish fixings., 4 April 2013
J. Kirby (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Having visited a local store and found this postbox in every colour except the one I wanted, I purchased one in white, slightly less expensively on Amazon as it was by far the best box sub £100 my local store had on display.

This letterbox is very sturdy, has good seals (should be very weatherproof)and I liked the design as the opening is at the front rather than the top (as we have installed it in a tight space so a top opener would not be suitable - and they tend to be less weatherproof).

The only let down is the fixings. Firstly, the screw and dowel lengths are just not long enough in my opinion and after putting it up the first time using the drill size suggested, I pulled the whole thing off the wall (and this was after really struggling with the supplied allen key type "screws" in the first instance). I then decided to do what I had considered doing in the first place and getting dowel and screws 2-3 times the length of those supplied and fixed the box using my own initiative. If you do this, just make sure you do the bottom ones first with the box angled outwards as if you do the top ones first, you can't get the angle right to screw the bottom ones in.

This unit is now up, looks good and works well. V Happy.

UPDATE 18.09.14. (18 months later)
This unit is still firmly on the wall (please get longer fittings than those supplied in the box), but I am pleasantly surprised at how good it still looks. Yes, it needs a wipe down every month or so but there are no stains and most importantly, no rust at all anywhere on the box - impressed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect BUT much better than others, 15 Dec 2010
This review is from: Brabantia B100 Postbox - Black (Kitchen & Home)
Not the cheapest option but worth the money. Had bought and installed a cheaper, smaller box but realised that it was possible for some people to put a hand right in and touch the bottom without opening it with the key. Not very secure! Bought this one and although it is still possible to reach in through the flap the extra depth means that it is more secure for normal post (larger A4 envelopes may possibly be reached). The benefit of this box is that its larger capacity means that it can cope with plenty of post and also several newspapers - essential if you live in an area where free papers are delivered wether you want them or not - my previous box had become jammed with a free paper leading to my official post becoming damaged. I have been able to go on holiday without worrying that my post box would be overflowing on my return. I did read a review where someone said they wish this box had a see through section so that they could see if post had been delivered without opening it with the key, personally think this would be a terrible idea security-wise as if you could see it so could others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and solve the problem, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Brabantia B100 Postbox - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this because I needed a letterbox on the front of the house which would take a large amount of mail whilst I was away on holiday. Reading a previous review I found that this did the job well and was excellent value for money obviously it's going to last for many years and is quality .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great box, 27 Dec 2013
Excellent box but the screws are too short. Also they are security screws with soft metal and easily burred or broken.

5.0 out of 5 stars A superior postbox...., 28 Aug 2014
Finally settled on this model after a long search for a suitable postbox. Bought a set of three of these Postboxes for our purposes which were mounted, side by side, using the matching Brabantia Universal Pole Brushed Stainless Steel and set in concrete for stability. Very fetching.
The Postboxes themselves are large enough to accommodate a folded broadsheet newspaper and several days' worth of post - useful when you away for a few days. When opened with its own unique key, the front flap cleverly lowers to an angle, keeping the contents from falling straight to the ground.
It is very well made and after a year's exposure to the elements, looks as good as new. Easy to clean, no sharp edges and keeps its contents secure and well protected from weather conditions. We added our own numbering system from an independent source which matched our door furniture.
No regrets so far! Would easily recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Post Box, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: Brabantia B100 Postbox - Black (Kitchen & Home)
We bought this for a primary school as part of a Health and Safety measure. Its a great size for all the large letters we received.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very well made capacious postbox we are happy to have beside our front door, 11 July 2014
K. Lindsell (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brabantia B100 Postbox - Black (Kitchen & Home)
A very well made capacious postbox we are happy to have beside our front door. Worth the money. Only one criticism - the postman would have liked the slot a little wider so that he didn't catch his knuckles. But the same can be said of most letter slots in front doors. And when we're home we can leave the key in for easier deposit of bulky mail.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good size; keeps mail dry, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Brabantia B100 Postbox - Black (Kitchen & Home)
Functional and inoffensive appearance. Keeps the mail safe and dry. Hands + tongs might be able to reach in and steal something I suppose, but you would need to be pretty determined. I wondered about relatively rigid magazines etc. but so far no hassles.

Only slight complaint is that the top surface is a flat horizontal plane so rain water stays sitting on it instead of draining off. Hence the 4 *'s. Not sure if this will be a problem longer term.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Postbox, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Brabantia B100 Postbox - Black (Kitchen & Home)
It looks good when installed..It was awkward to install, a good set of screwdrivers required for fixing securing screws. It lives up to brand name.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good postbox, 29 April 2014
Peter Dzwig (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brabantia B100 Postbox - Black (Kitchen & Home)
A good replacement for my old box to take the ever-increasing amount of junk mail that gets delivered. It doesn't really offer a solution for the multiple packages from online retailers as the slot only allows flexible/small packages.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›