5.0 out of 5 stars Motorbike friendly ??
Published on 9 Nov 2009 by Ms. B. Jenkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Rugged and compact
Keeps my clothes dry on the ride to work and allows me to compress it down to a reasonable level.
Published 10 months ago by D Giro

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorbike friendly ??, 9 Nov 2009
Ms. B. Jenkins "Bikerbint" (Swansea Wales) - See all my reviews
As my husband and I are daft enough to do camping weekends on our motorcycles during the winter months, warm sleeping bags are obviously important!! I recently purchased a bag designed to appeal to Carp fishermen..its a lovely warm and roomy bag which unfortunately rolled up to the size of a small Dinghy!! I purchased the Sea to summit XL compression dry sack and am happy to report that it compressed my Sleeping bag down to a much more managable size and has the added advantage of keeping it dry too (unlike the bag provided with it..)This has made packing it onto the bike much easier.. and will save me wrapping my gear in numerous bin bags which invariably disintergrate and let water in at speed... I'll let you know how it performs after a couple of outtings but I can certainly envisage purchasing more for my clothing etc...

Its now done several outings in all weathers and performed brilliantly... It is a very good piece of kit..Recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be just what I needed., 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sea to Summit eVENT Compression Dry Sack (Sports)
Wasn't sure at first, because it seems to quite flimsy on first inspection. However now it has been used it seems to in fact robust and well made. Only time will tell I guess. It seems to be well waterproof, but I have not tested thoroughly enough for this to be guaranteed. Certainly it is water repellent. Again time will tell. :)
As it is not listed elsewhere, that I saw the sizes are as follows:
XL : 27 cm x 58 cm; 210g; 30 litre max; 10 litre min.
L : 23 cm x 50 cm; 168g; 20 litre max; 6.7 litre min.
M : 20 cm x 46 cm; 148g; 14 litre max; 4.5 litre min.
S :18 cm x 40 cm; 129g; 10 litre max; 3.3 litre min.
XS : 15 cm x 35 cm; 107g; 6 litre max; 2 litre min.

These are their figures, not mine. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars eVENT compression dry sack, 10 Oct 2009
C. Starkie - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sea to Summit eVENT Compression Dry Sack (Sports)
This bag is great, light weight, light colour so you can find items in the depths of it, well constructed and a great design. When stuffed full of "stuff" and squeezed down, it does a top job of squashing it all down thus saving precious space in your bag (/canoe/car/whatever). The eVENT construction allows the air out and stops the water getting in, perfect. When dunked in a sink full of water and held under by a breeze block (you have to test these things..) it held off all moisture for the half hour we had it under. Top product!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, 21 Dec 2009
This product fulfil's its main criteria: It reliably keeps your goods dry (essential when its holding your down sleeping bag or jacket) and delivers a consistent level of compression to make those litres of your backpack go as far as possible. It offers a great improvement over trying to compress your sleeping bag into a regular dry bag- as you can stuff it in with minimum effort then let the straps do the work. The only real downside I see to this is it is not the lightest solution out there- but if you're not worried about shaving off every last gram then this will do the job just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for clothing too, 17 Aug 2011
It seems most people use these compression sacks for sleeping bags and camping gear (which I think there were originally designed for) but they are excellent for clothing too. I am backpacking with a 65litre pack at the moment and to stay sane you really need to have everything neatly organised, including your clothing. These sacks let you section off your clothes while saving you a good amount of space at the same time (either 1/3 or 1/4 depending on what is in it). I actually have a S2S medium packing cube for 2 pairs of trousers and 4 shirts then I put everything else in the sack. It is actually like a magic bag when you pull all the gear out of it. Also, it makes little difference in terms of creases if I am shoving everything in the main compartment of my bag or in the compression sack. The added bonus is that you have the added protection for keeping your clothes dry.

I am very happy with my compression sack (medium) and it seems very high quality. I thought it was a little bit thin at first but it has proved to be strong and lightweight too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dry Sack, 23 April 2011
J. Stanier (London UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased for my daughter to use on a DofE weekend, this sack was too small to hold a single, light sleeping bag (the reason for purchase). However, she used it to store clothing and it helped reduce the 'bulk'. If you need to buy one for a sleeping bag, then go for a larger size. Product arrived quickly though - thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money., 8 Feb 2011
Paul (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A very well made and designed waterproof compression sack. Ideal for goose or duck down sleeping bags and jackets, or any other items that need to be kept dry and where reduction of volume is important.

Constructed to a high standard from quality materials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best but not the lightest, 8 Mar 2014
I use dry sacks a lot on my hikes and kayak trips. These compression sacks are awesome since they utilise event fabrics and also because they are heavy duty. If you plan to use these for your sleeping bag I could hint that S size (10-3.3 litre) seems to be same size as the Mammut's XS compression sack which is used with their most smallest packing sleeping bags. I feel that the Sea to Summit Event Compression Dry Sack has a bit more traction inside the sack so that it's not as easy to stuff the sleeping bag in to the sack as it would be for the sleeping bags own sack. If you're looking for ultralight compression sacks which doesn't have to be as tough as Sea to Summit's sack I recommend Granite Gear's Event Sil Compression sacks. If you want to have the sack that you can trust on I recommend warmly these Sea to Summit's Event Compression sacks. Only thing I am missing is different colours since colour coded sacks do help in organising your gear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, Strong and perfect for me, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sea to Summit eVENT Compression Dry Sack (Sports)
I purchased a British Army Arctic Warfare down sleeping bag recently and this thing is huge. With fingers crossed I ordered the compression sack and was delighted when it came. I ordered the XL and with some considerable pushing, I manged to get the big sleeping bag in far enough to fold over and close up the end exactly as shown on the instructions. Then, with the 4 straps i was able to bring the size down by well over a third.
This sack is well made and as tough as old boots. Do not be put off by its lightweight appearance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant solution for packing, 29 April 2012
I traveled around the world for 6 months, always relying on this compression bag to store my clothes. I must say it's more than brilliant. Thanks to this, I managed to compress all my clothes inside my 45L backpack, along with a winter jacket, computer, and other things.
I also used it a couple of times to protect my electronic gear, when crossing rivers, or with heavy rain.
Simple, practical, resistant and light.
In the end I must say that it's more than worth for the money.

Sea to Summit eVENT Compression Dry Sack ADCSXL Extra Large
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available