4.0 out of 5 stars Good sock liners, but wish they were cheaper., 27 Jan 2013
J. S. Hardman "Consultant software developer ... (Near London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought these sock liners in preparation for a trip to Finland, where an extra layer is really necessary for winter activities. They worked perfectly there, under a thicker pair of woollen socks. However, they are useful too for activities in the UK, particularly when trying to avoid blisters, such as when wearing in new boots. Wearing two socks per foot, whether two thin socks, or one thin one inside a thicker one, is a great way of reducing the risk of blisters. These ones have the added benefit of being warm too.

Recommended as liners inside other socks. Just wish they were cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried and tested on marathon walk, 6 Jun 2014
Thomas Ingilby (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smartwool Adult Hike Liner Crew Socks (Sports Apparel)
I wore these under some smartwool lightweight walking crew socks (also purchased on Amazon) when doing a 26.2, nine hour marathon walk recently. It was a really hot day, a lot of the tracks were very rough and stony, and we climbed some 2,000 ft. I had sorbothane double strike insoles in my boots. Our feet were fine at the end: not a blister in sight. Smartwool, made from merino wool, is brilliant and the double layer works really well without making the feet too hot: I rolled the top layer down over my boot, leaving the liner at full height: I didn't have any heat rash that I normally get on my lower legs when wearing thicker socks during long walks in these conditions..