on 15 November 2011
Back in 1983, my brother got Crossbows & Catapults for Christmas - the following year he asked for an expansion set too - so that clearly shows it's success!!! He would have been 6 & I was 11.

The idea is you use the bricks to create defenses and a fortress to protect your king & flag from attack. Each of you take it in turns to fire disks (soldiers) at your enemies' defenses, by using the crossbows and catapults supplied.

It really is a good fun game of skill (with a bit of chance too!) - we had great fun back in the 80s & now my 10 year old son has just as much fun too!

Can thoroughly recommend this game - would make an excellent addition to any boy's collection of boardgames! My parents have told me that theyve found the old sets up in their loft, so will be bringing it down for their grandson at christmas - he will be delighted (especially as these are now collectors items!!)
on 5 August 2009
Bought this from the Entertainer on a whim, got it home and within 20 minutes of set up (including quick read of easy instructions), myself and my 6 and a half year old son were firing disks, measuring our moves with a ruler and generally having a good old fashioned battle! It felt a bit like Christmas if I'm honest! Might buy the add on pack from Amazon related toy store next.
on 18 May 2009
I bought this game plus the extension kit for my grandsons 7th birthday and it was a huge hit. I hadn't seen this game for years, believing it to be obselete so I was delighted to find it on Amazon. I would recommend this game to anyone wanting an alternative to the usual computer games, it arrived from the supplier promptly, well wrapped and with no damage, I would definately use this supplier again and would have no hesitation in recommending them to others.
on 27 April 2009
You won't get more than this for £10. Not a one trick toy, a good deal of skill involved. My five and seven year old boys love it.

Nice big box - looks good on the birthday present pile!
on 26 December 2013
The seller is really honest and professional!
The box in good condition (minor damages from postage), pieces inside sealed and new condition.

In general i am really satisfied from the deal and the only reason i give 3 stars is that seller should have a photo of real product where everything is in Polish or something like that and NOT in English.
I thought i would have something in english but the only thing written in English on the game box is the word BATTLEGROUND....

Please fix this!!!

Thank you!!!
on 10 April 2013
This set (from MagicShop2) arrived from Poland. The box, instructions and game rules are in Polish but photocopied English instructions were included. The set was factory-sealed as described by the seller, and although the outer packaging looked a little old and battered, the pieces inside are in perfect working order. The weapons are elastic powered, and plenty of spare elastic bands are supplied in the box.

Set-up was simple; my 10 year old was able to assemble the pieces and elastic bands on his own. I'd recommend a large floor-space (and a tidy bedroom!) to play this game as there are a large number of pieces involved, and the disc projectiles can go about 4 to 5 feet.

My two boys (the younger is 8) were introduced to Battleground by a friend, and are now engrossed in their first game with their own set. It looks like fun and it's a welcome change from video games and TV!
on 12 June 2014
Both grandsons love this and spend hours putting the defences into place and the armies. The shooting at each others castle gives a lot of enjoyment and if they can destroy granddad's castle that is the ulitimate
on 27 December 2014
This is great to have a battle with my grandson.
However, it was extremely disappointing to find to broken building blocks in the pack. It took the shine off it.
on 14 July 2012
Me and my brother used to play with this when we were kids, and so did my husband. When i saw this I thought i just had to buy it for him for fun! We spent the morning with our 3 year old (who also enjoyed playing with it) just playing in the livingroom, just like it used to be and better. Lots of fun, would recommend it for those young and old
on 4 February 2013
Looks fine and I'm sure it will work, but its a Polish product. This information should be made clear to potential buyers