4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but there are better cables out there.
It weights practically nothing, its cheap, and its very versatile.

Published on 25 Jan 2012 by A. Chothia

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
This do what they say. It's strong for its category. Maybe it would be more comfortable with a couple of cm in plus.
Published 16 months ago by Giuseppe

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but there are better cables out there., 25 Jan 2012
A. Chothia - See all my reviews
It weights practically nothing, its cheap, and its very versatile.

I have it permanently mounted on my bike. I run one hoop through the other on the front of the bike (in the triangle between the top tube and the down tube) and coil the rest of the cable around the top tube and velcro the tail end to the seat post. In this fashion its totally out of the way when I'm riding. When I lock up my bike, all I do is uncoil and run the tail end through the front wheel and back to the lock. I don't undo the front of the cable, its permanently looped around the front of the bike.

I find this to be the fastest and least cumbersome way to use the cable.

I also use the cable to lock my bike around larger diameter poles that my main lock won't fit around, but naturally only for short periods.

If your only need is to lock your front wheel, then I suggest getting a small cable lock and lock the wheel to your frame. It will be a lot easier and quicker to use on a day to day basis. However if like me you prefer to have the versatility of a longer cable, then I would recommend this lock.

I would give it 5 stars, but both Sterling and Squire make versions of these in 12mm thickness for about the same price (compared to Kryptonite's 10mm). Many would dismiss the 2mm difference as negligible, but consider the cross sectional area for each cable. Using Pi x Radius squared, cross sectional area for 10mm cable is 314mm squared, whereas it is 452mm sqared for 12mm cable. That's a lot more metal to cut through, and it might just make the difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 29 Sep 2010
If you have a lock already and want an added deterent then you can't go wrong with this. It's fine locking your frame securely but you want to make sure the little gits don't nick your wheels. This is ideal and will make the gits think twice before trying to steal your wheels. Definately worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars TIED UP FOR GOOD !, 2 Sep 2010
R. Phillips (Bedfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
A couple of bike hardend commuters graphically explained to me the number of times saddles and other portable items were filched, so with this in mind I purchased the cable to suppliment my heavy krypto NY lock to secure my seat and helmet and use it every time.

NOTE - I use this AS A SUPPLIMENT TO MY PRIMARY SECURITY. This is for accessories, not the bike itself!!!

It is a very useful length and I can use it as a noose as well as a loop.

It is a substantial 10mm ( a higher grade than the basic 4mm saddlekeeper/ saver) and ups the ante for the would be thief.

IN A NUTSHELL.... TIED UP FOR GOOD!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bike cable, 13 Sep 2011
Ideal to use with a decent D lock. I feel it is worh having this extra protection. carrying can be a problem, my son lost his after not attaching it securely while he was moving. I bend mine in half, feed it through the top of my rear rack and use the velcro tie. Bit of a faff but better than having to keep it in a rucksak or pannier I feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kryptonite cable lock, 13 Oct 2010
P. White - See all my reviews
Excellent piece of kit and very simple to use,especially when you place one loop through the other and attach helmet,bottle holder etc to the main lock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 12 July 2010
Why would you not want one of these?
You already have one.
Why would you not want a second one of these?

The key to these is the ability to push one end through the loop on the other making a small noose around your front wheel while leaving the remaining length to hold your helmet, pass through your frame and then link to your D-Lock.

You do have a Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Mini Lock don't you?

5.0 out of 5 stars Kryptonite cable., 11 Oct 2011
Excellent product that I use in conjunction with Kryptonite high spec. D lock. Comfortably secures a wheel as well as the frame, Slightly short to secure the two wheels unless D lock covers both the frame and rear wheel. Will definitely continue to buy Kryptonite products as they ARE the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased to safely lock my camera equipment when filming., 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kryptonite Kryptoflex Cable Lock (Sports)
It does what it says that is securely fastens bags etc to prevent them being removed when I am taking photographs away from my equipment.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 9 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexible product, 28 Aug 2011
Highly flexible product that achieves what it sets out to do. Gives you multiple options when considering where and how to secure your bike. Brilliant if you travel around! Can even be looped around your handle bars for easy transportation when on the move. Combine with any decent D lock and you'll have the confidence that those quick release wheels won't be released by someone other than yourself.