VINE VOICEon 15 January 2008
I looked at several other laptop backpacks before deciding on this one. It's a good quality, well built product with plenty of space for your laptop aswell as any extra stuff you might take with you. It's made by the same people who make Swiss Army knives so you know you're getting a really good backpack. I decided to go for the backpack because it makes carrying around a laptop a lot less obvious than using a traditional sort of laptop case. People need never know you're even carrying a laptop with this bag. The straps are very comfortable and there's lots of padding to spread the weight when it's on your back. Overall, it's worth buying this backpack because of the build quality and comfort factors alone.
on 28 April 2008
What can I say other than "Excellent Product"?!

I've used this backpack in all kinds of places and situations and have always been happy with it's capacity, comfort and the number and location of storage compartments.

If I wanted to be really critical (or provide constructive feedback depending upon your point of view) I would suggest that the front pocket be detachable as without it it may be small enough to be classed as hand luggage whilst on a plane. Currently it's a bit deep but this is in no way a critisism - just an observation that some people may find useful! ;o)
on 10 December 2008
I have never felt compelled to write a review until now, but this bag was so good that I ended up buying a second one to use as a gym bag, the Amazon price is also compelling.

Finally a backpack that I can carry my laptop around in that doesn't scream "LAPTOP ON BOARD", it is also the most conformable backpack I have ever used.

I carry my laptop, four thick text books, a couple of folders, my lunch and a bottle of drink.

The strap adjustment, padding on the back and the fact that the straps actually act a little like shock absorbers mean I can carry this huge load between classes at university without a problem.

I am not a fit young student, but a 42 year old mature student who had a spinal injury when I was 18 which means that I usually find back packs cause me pain after a relatively short amount of time.

If you are hesitating, don't, buy this and you will not regret it.
on 10 December 2007
I've used many many laptop carrying backpacks, but this is simply the best. IT has more space than usual, and while carrying it distributed the load evenly and you dont feel a thing! Its very comfortable carrying it around
on 13 October 2008
Impressed doesn't adequately describe it. I don't think you could find a better quality backpack at this price. Plus enough room for my lappy and all its bits, plus my camera and enough kit for an overnight stay. All in a backpack that gets on the plane as hand baggage.

Only problem is remembering in which of its many nooks and crannies you've stashed your stuff. :-)
on 10 February 2009
I bought this bag for my son, and its brilliant.
He goes to work on his pushbike, takes his laptop with him, plus his book and course work for the OU, and if that isnt enough he packs his gym kit and a change of clothes too!
This bag takes it all and still makes room for his lunch, drink, ipod and wallet!
I never thought this bag would manage all that, and I was certain he would have to carry 2 bags to cart all that stuff around.
Its tough and durable, protects the lap top from the stuff inside the bag, and its not glaringly obvious to thieves that you are carrying a laptop.
on 21 November 2009
Fantastic quality and loads of storage - self joining zipper means it always repairs itself when links don't meet. I use this 5 days a week for work and the comfortable padded back means it's great for using whilst cycling. You can tell the quality of materials used down to the robust metal logo zipper ends and ergonomical pulls on straps. Notebook and laptop fit comfortably in the rear compartment and the folding down bottom on the front compartment means you can lift it up if not using the space to compact the bag. Only criticism is the side water bottle holders are not that wide. It's fine for a standard "fizzy drink" bottle as long as there is not a great deal of items put in the side pockets. Apart from that, from the robust carry handle and top storage for mp3 players with earphone outlet this is a superb quality product worth the price by far.
on 11 June 2009
This is a great bag for carrying a lot of stuff around including a laptop. It contains a lot of pockets (including one for a Swiss army knife!) and is well cushioned but this adds to the bulk of the bag.
Well made and practical. Feels like it should last well.

The only reason I won't give it a full five stars is that I've often found it a bit too bulky when I just want to carry a laptop and cables on my back -but this is made up for by its usefulness on weekends away.
on 3 March 2009
after looking at several other bag not really wanting a man bag, stumbled on this and check out all the other reviews on here and bought one, the bag is so robust that when you are carrying it you forget you have a laptop in there, there plenty of room in the bag for an over night stay and two water bottles as well. if you buy one bag buy this one
on 11 June 2009
This bag is really good, lots of space for accessories, is acceptable size for aircraft carry - on baggage and really tough. Two downers :- I bought it to hold a 15.4" Dell Vostro. Unfortunately it was too small for this machine, too tight to zip up without difficulty, so I had to send it back. The other thing, the bag I settled for has a seperate, removable padded inner bag which can be used to protect the computer when it goes through airport x-ray scanners. This bag does not.
A 17" version of this would have been preferable, but couldn't find one on Amazon at the time.