4.0 out of 5 stars Good kit........but........
Having received this item today, I have mixed thoughts on it.

Good - *It looks like a good piece of kit that will get me seen on my bike and keep me dry and safe (which I suppose is really the main thing).

Bad - *It really is a good bit of kit, BUT I have to say I feel it is over priced for what it is.
*I have a 40 litre rucksac (pretty...
Published on 30 Oct 2010 by Bert

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke on the 3rd time of using it- don't buy it!
Published on 26 July 2011 by HC

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kit........but........, 30 Oct 2010
This review is from: Respro Hi-Viz Hump Waterproof Rucsac Cover - Yellow, 40 Litres (Sports)
Having received this item today, I have mixed thoughts on it.

*I have a 40 litre rucksac (pretty standard shape) yet it really only just seems to fit - I'm a little concerned that if the top of my rucksack is covered then the bottom won't be and vise versa - which defeats the object of it being waterproof (I certainly don't think its the right shape for something like a rock climbing or scrambling pack - since they are streamlined and a little longer)

But grumbles aside I'm reasonably happy with it (I think it really solves my main concern to be seen whilst I cycle to and from uni)

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke on the 3rd time of using it- don't buy it!, 26 July 2011
I bought this thinking it would be good to protect me and my bag in the rain when cycling. I haven't had to use it till last week when it was raining a lot. On about the 3rd time i used it one of the poppers came off the strap making it unusable and i don't think it can easily be fixed. I think this is really expensive for what it is- and obviously not well made. I am really disappointed and I am now trying to get a refund for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Pricey, 8 Jan 2008
This is a good product for additional protection from the elements for a small rucksack and it offers a high visability outer cover for additional road safety. However, it only covers the most exposed areas of the sack and does not offer full protection for particularly wet or mucky conditions such as more adventurous mountain biking. The most significant failing is its price; I think it would be expensive at half the current price (£19.95). A fair product, overpriced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit Fiddly but does the Job, 29 Jan 2011
P. Douglas (UK) - See all my reviews
I have used this product for a number of months now for commuting to work. The product I got differed from the one pictured. Where the "R" is shown in the picture my product has a small front pouch. Additionally, the product I received had silver reflective arrows other than the black arrows shown pictured. The second difference is particullary good as the metallic silver does a good job of reflecting car lights to help you get seen. The cover is a bit fiddly to put over a bag but you soon get use to it. I have used this cover in the heavy rain and it does a reasonable job of keeping the bag dry. It is especially good at keeping the bottom of the bag try where road spray usually soaks it without the cover. Overall a good product which, at this price, is a lot cheaper than you can get in the shops

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi viz, 27 Mar 2013
I bought this mainly for the hi visibility aspect of it as I cycle along unlit roads, had it a long time now and has weared well. Does what it says, keeps me seen and me bag dry! Only gripe is it is a bit pricey and was smaller than imaged but would recommend it

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 26 Nov 2012
Poor quality, almost fallen apart, stiching non existint, not that reflective after testing. barley waterproof. better of with an old carrier bag!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design - too slim fitting to be practical, 8 Oct 2012
Yes it's reflective and bright, but the key problem with the hump is that it doesn't actually cover either of my everyday backpacks properly. When my pack contains little, it covers well and keeps dry, but the moment I carry things in a backpack it becomes a poor product. The problem is it doesn't have enough volume to bloom out with the pack as it is filled. Instead, the top pulls away from the top of the pack leaving a gap. And as rain falls from above, this renders the cover useless as rain gradually soaks through the pack at the gap wetting the contents inside. This wouldn't be a problem if the hump expanded better as the pack is filled. Don't buy this if you need a rain cover for commuting through winter.

4.0 out of 5 stars poor illustration, 27 Oct 2009
Was disappointed on receiving the rucksack cover in that it has "HUMP" in huge black capitals written up both sides..which is not shown in the picture (my workmates found it highly amusing). Otherwise a good product (overpriced) which I use for high visability as well as a waterproof cover.

1.0 out of 5 stars Giving me the hump!, 7 Mar 2012
"I'm waterproof!" exclaims the label on the package that this cover comes in. "No you're not!" is my response to that. I recently bought one of these, and 3 times now I've had a problem with it leaking. The first 2 times my rucksack was slightly damp after cycling in light rain, but this morning in heavy drizzle it's completely soaked, as are its contents. The problem seems to be the stitching on the reflective strips, which aren't taped on the reverse. Also, as another reviewer has mentioned, the fit of this cover is poor. I have a Lowe Alpine Airzone 35 litre rucksack which should be well within the size range of this cover, however it (the cover!) is actually too short for it. It's also expensive for something that doesn't work. I didn't mind spending this amount of money for something I trusted would be good quality. I'm going to try to return it, and I'm also going to contact the manufacturer to let them know.

1.0 out of 5 stars The cover strap silver button will break soon or later., 29 Jan 2012
This is a rubbish kit. I paid what £24.99 for a cheap crap cover. After trying to repair the strap silver button with super glue it still was not fixed. I will not make this stuipd mistake again.