5.0 out of 5 stars Review after 5 years of this bag !
Published on 10 Jan. 2013 by jesterspalace

3.0 out of 5 stars Review from a sixth form 6 months on
Published on 4 Feb. 2010 by Simon Hudson

5.0 out of 5 stars Review after 5 years of this bag !, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Swissgear GA-7488-14F00 Saturn 17 Inch Laptop/Notebook Messenger Bag (Personal Computers)
All I can say is, I have gone through a mountain of laptop bags as I change my laptops frequently, and this laptop bag is simply the best bag I have ever owned. This is my first ever review of ANYTHING on the internet. I have never written any reviews or participated on any discussions of any products or services on the web. But this product I do believe deserves WORLDWIDE recognition and I felt like I should have a say to back up this product from wenger. I have carried a weight load of between 6 and 10kg in the bag day in and day out for the last 5 years and have never had an issue with stitching torn straps or anything like that. I never thought I would find a bag so well made, extremely robust and simply reliable. I have taken this bag to New york, Japan, Europe and India and not once has it ever failed on me. I am quite surprised that not even a tear has been made at all from its collisions. Its gone through rain, wind, sun, minus temperatures and it passes every test with flying colours. Overall, I am extremely happy that I found this bag for myself..and it found me :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for 17" Laptop!, 4 April 2008
M. Jones (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Sounds like some other reviewers have had problems fitting their laptop in this bag, but its a great fit for my 17" Samsung R700. Really pleased with this bag, looks good, loads of space and great quality! I am definitely happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, 6 Mar. 2008
I don't know what the other reviewers are saying. my 17" hp pavillion fitted with room to spare. very well made bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Swissgear GA-7488, 23 May 2011
Its a good, sturdy, strong and flexible bag with plenty of room for files and reasonable laptop protection and is a good replacement for my old case. However, I do have concern regarding the quality and longevity of the brittle plastic used for the female buckle closure, which in my experience may not travel well. If this fails,the bag will not close securely and is not user replacable which may mean you are without a case whilst being returned to the manufacturer providing they accept it under the terms of their limited lifetime warranty. On a lesser note, a key clip would have been handy (something I overlooked when comparing my old case).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wenger Swissgear Saturn, 12 Sept. 2009
I bought this case a few weeks ago and now refer to it as the tardis, it fits my Toshiba P300 nice n snug along with several other items such as the PSU, usb mouse external HD and many other items and yet I still havn't managed to fill it or even come close. If you are looking for a good looking well designed 17" laptop case then save your time and just order one of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review from a sixth form 6 months on, 4 Feb. 2010
Simon Hudson "Molegiant" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Ok lets be clear here, the usage I gave it was pretty intense, basically an average day consists of carrying around 15kg of things (heavy books, laptop, lunch, and a few other things). I am assuming (and hoping) that this is not the usage that Swissgear were expecting (neither was I, damn stereotypical maths textbooks *shakes fist*). This bag has been tested pretty well by being brought into a school for most days of its life for the past 6 months, you cannot deny me this fact. So that was a bit of background info.

How it actually performed:
The Bag was excellent to start with, stylish, good quality and comfy to wear - while being at quite a reasonable price. Everything fitted well, it was a bit of a squeeze but it was okay.
After about 6 weeks the strap broke, not the material itself (kinda seat belt like - basically near invincible) but the bolt has slowly worn into the strap and suddenly it just went. I managed to get home carrying it by the marvellously comfy handle (flexible plastic with a cool looking steel cable going through it). Instead of sending it off for the warranty (I needed this bag the next day) my mother sewed the strap back on with a lot of cotton thread - this has since held.

Disaster 2 struck about 4 months after purchase when the zip (which had been under a great deal of stress suddenly decided to snap, as in the zip pieces became loose and the zip toggle comes off unless I'm careful

The third most recent problem to develop is in the handle, roughly 6 months after purchase. This stylish looking handle now feature a jagged bit of metal sticking out where the metal has literally just snapped.

To conclude, If you will be using this back for a light bit of carrying - maybe just your laptop and a few other light essentials then its very good and I would highly recommend it, I would've given it a 5 stars. If you intend to use it like I am then I would consider looking elsewhere, which is why it only gets 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly the business, 25 Sept. 2008
I can't understand the reviews that claim they can't get their 17" laptop into this fantatsic case. My Toshiba fitted in with no trouble and I would not describe it as the slimist laptop on the block. Having got it in, I was impressed by the amount of space I had available for documents, books, peripherals and general work accessories. There is a dedicated storage space for pen drives, mobile phone, pens etc. Front and rear pockets will make access to papers, books, newspapers whilst in transit (plane, train)a simple task. Not sure why I'd need a dedicated space for my swiss army knife, but one is available. Just remember not to use it if the bag is cabin baggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good case - great company, 10 Dec. 2011
Peter Barkas - See all my reviews
The case is well made, has a comfortable handle, and is strong and quite light, at least until you fill it with your stuff. It has room for laptop and bits and separate compartments for documents.

I bought this case for my wife about 18 months ago and she was really pleased with it until recently when one of the catches that clips the front flap to the bag broke. I sent an email to customer support at Swissgear explaining what had happened and within 4 days my wife received a brand new case.

In the past I have experienced companies that try to weasel out of their so called warranties but this company makes a good product and honours their warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 9 Mar. 2009
A. King (Hertfordshire, England.) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my Dell 17" Studio laptop and I am well impressed. It's very well made, has loads of storage space and is stylish to look at, more importantly though it doe's what it says it doe's and that is fits a 17" laptop. Like other reviewers I also can't understand why some people seem to be having a problem getting theirs to fit, mine slides in and out nicely and when it's in with the securing tab in place it seems secure and doesn't move around, very well protected in my opinion. If you own a Dell and want a case, this one deffinately fits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, 22 Nov. 2013
I. Ward (UK) - See all my reviews
Great bag and almost perfect for my needs. The build quality seems good, and it has plenty of room for a laptop (my 16 inch laptop fits with room to spare) and various documents.

It's some of the nice extra design features that I notice lately, though - it's well designed. Things like the metal reinforced handle with the gorilla grip (OK, I saw that the first day I got it), and the non-symmetrical shoulder grip that appears to be designed for optimum grip on the shoulder when the bag is worn with the laptop pocket closest to the body (for security).

The weakest point of the bag would look to me to be the plastic fasteners at the front-bottom where the cover closes, which seem to be made of sturdy enough plastic to last - and I tend to use the shoulder strap most of the time when travelling with it, meaning the stress on those fasteners is reduced anyway.

Overall, a great bag and value for money.