5.0 out of 5 stars OUCH
HAD THE BELL HELMET FOR ONLY TEN DAYS BUT IT WORKS.Had a nasty fall off the bike bruised and battered the Helmet did not surive but I did.Very good value for money.Have reordered a new one
Published on 14 May 2011 by crash bang Doug

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent faulty item!
Helmet arrived in good time. However when I opened it a small note was inside the box saying, 'twisted strap'. It was a plastic part inside the helmet which meant every time I put it on I had I digging into the side of my head.
Why they knowingly sent me a faulty item I don't know.
Sending bak tomorrow for a refund.
Published 8 months ago by Epipdan

5.0 out of 5 stars OUCH, 14 May 2011
This review is from: Bell Ukon Adult Sport Helmet (Sports)
My head made contact first with the ground the helmet stayed on my head and retained its shape although on inspection was cracked through the left rim.Lots off gravel rash but head undamaged

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my life...BUY IT, 2 July 2011
I bought one of these by chance, as I felt that with commuting in and out of Leeds, i was risking the unthinkable. As an experienced rider (15+ years competitive level of Cross Country racing) I thought I'd always be able to avoid a compromising situation on the road, yesterday however I was proved wrong when a car came out of nowhere and smashed into me, sending me over the bonnet, causing me to land on my head and shoulder on solid tarmac. Luckily my neck wasn't broken and my head was protected by this helmet which now has two large cracks through the top of it, which would have been my skull. The Police said I would have almost certainly died without the helmet.

It may not look so cool to wear one, but jazz it up with some sunnies, swallow your pride and wear one.

Lastly, I'd say make sure you tighten the straps suffciently sufficiently to ensure the helmet covers your head if you pull it from side to side, front and back.

Hope this helps someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 7 Jun 2011
A great cycle helmet at a great price.

As a motorcyclist I was attracted by the manufacturer: Bell, a leader in motorcycle helmets; I reckoned they should know what they're doing!

The great thing about this helmet is that it's fully adjustable: one size fits all. No two heads in the same general size range will be the same, so it's the sensible way to go, especially buying online.

The helmet comes with very clear fitting instructions. These are excellent and tell you exactly how to test for fit after making the various adjustments. I would emphasise the instruction that the side 'split' should be just below and IN FRONT of the ear. This ensures the front straps are more vertical on the side of the head and really does make the helmet sit more firmly, and stops it moving backwards. Put the strap 'split' just a little further back (below the ear) and the helmet will move up on the forehead when you put the helmet through their recommended 'serious' fit test.

It took me about an hour to make all the adjustments to my satisfaction and I would recommend not rushing. The first time I made the adjustments it seemed ok, but just failed the 'serious' fit test. I couldn't initially work out why (see the comment above about the side strap 'split' point -- I had to move it forward by only about half a centimetre).

As this is my first cycling helmet it felt a little strange at first, but it really is comfortable. I'm delighted.

Is there a gripe? A tiny one which may apply to all cycling helmets. I don't know. On a motorcycle helmet there is a single strap that you pull to tighten the helmet. Due to the method of construction of the Bell cycling helmet there are two straps that go through the chin click fixing, and these have to be laboriously threaded through and the correct tension established by trial and error. I have a big head but that still left lots of strap hanging free. Incidentally, these hanging straps MUST (for safety - dire warning given in the instructions) be threaded through a little rubber band that will undoubtedly be the first thing on the helmet to give up the ghost. The extra hanging straps then need to be either cut off or (my solution) bundled up in another rubber band. Once through that kerfuffle, the helmet is 'set up' and can be put on and off quickly and efficiently with a single 'click fixing'.

Update 13 June: Having now cycled in the rain, I can confirm that the peak keeps the rain out of the eyes, even when going at speed downhill. A great addition.

4.0 out of 5 stars safety first!, 27 May 2011
KEVIN CLARKE "ikan bilis" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bell Ukon Adult Sport Helmet (Sports)
Very good value, but .....although it's sold as 'uni-size' it actually says '54~61cm' on the helmet and i've set it at the max size because wanted >60cm so fits ok but what about in the winter when i wear a hat?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 27 Aug 2010
Arrived promptly. Before this helmet I had a much more expensive one (which I left on the train) and I can say this one is just as good. Would recomend this product - don't be put off by the competitive price - its good quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price, 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: Bell Ukon Adult Sport Helmet (Sports)
This is the best cheap helmet out there, i got mine when the black ones were 15, they seem to have gone up to 19 now though.
The peak can be taken off and looks just like a road helmet instead of a mountain bike one.
Bell also make quality motorbike helmets and are known for their quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best helmet I have ever had, 29 May 2011
Ian Shine (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This helmet ticks all the boxes for me. It's comfy, it's easy to adjust the straps (for under the chin, around the ears and inside the helmet for around the head).
As an added bonus, as far as cycle helmets go, it looks pretty good.
The visor is also effective at keeping sun out your eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved My Life Aswell, 8 Aug 2012
I bought this helmet after being persuaded by reviews on here that it was a trustworthy piece of safety gear. And what do you know. Only the second time I used it, I had a very nasty fall off my bike and this helmet saved my skull. Whilst I nearly broke my arm and wrist, my head was only slightly bruised despite hitting the road at 35mph. The helmet had clearly taken all the force as it was cracked and needed replacing. But a lesser helmet would probably not have stood up to the impact. It's comfortable, affordable and most definitely works. The only thing I would say is that perhaps it's slightly cursed given that three people on here have crashed having only just bought it lol. A life saving piece of equipment!

5.0 out of 5 stars A1, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Bell Ukon Adult Sport Helmet (Sports)
Fully adjustable, even fits my large noggin comfortably. very light, hardly know it's on your head. Lots of ventilation for hot days. Bell products usually cost a bit more, but they are worth every extra penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 26 July 2010
ivoconk (london, england) - See all my reviews
Good design, comfortable, light. I own two of these helmets and I have been very happy with them - top value. Titanium finish is stylish, helmet also looks very good In black.

Bell Ukon Adult Sport Helmet