5.0 out of 5 stars confidence
I bought this for a dear friend in her 40's. She was deprived of schooling and although I got her reading she lacks the confidence to write even the simplest shopping list. I have always struggled with spelling, just one of those things, but a good education helped me to see that, in many cases of day to day writing, I either have it correct anyway or it really does not...
Published on 15 Feb. 2010 by Avril N. Cain

3.0 out of 5 stars collins spellchecker
Although small this has an easy to use keyboard. However I was disappointed to find it did not have a Thesaurus and I have had some words in crossword solutions not in the dictionary. In this respect I am comparing it with two previous franklin spellcheckersn I have used.
Published on 17 Jan. 2011 by ThinPaul

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pocket pleasure, 15 July 2010
Bendy "Robert" (Co. Down. N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
a great little gadget. great price, and has a substantial phonic spelling correction memory of 180,000 words.
Plus games,calculator and metric/currency converter - what more do you want?

1.0 out of 5 stars franklin spq109, 17 May 2011
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
I bought this item to help my son with his school work, we are finding it a bit frustrating. Nearly
every word we have typed in has not given us the correct version. Not sure i would purchase it if I knew it would not understand my childs spelling, which on most words was very obvious.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for KS2/3 unless a member of Mensa!, 12 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
I bought this for my 10yr old son - on recommendation of a dyslexic website. It is far too high a level. This is a full dictionary with ridiculous long words that only an English graduate would have come across ie "dificlt" becomes diaphysical! More importantly it doesn't seem to recognise his phonetic spelling. Also Hangman (which he was enjoying playing) gave the word fiber! I couldn't even find it in the dictionary myself (except as alternative to gyber or American fibre) - far too complicated. There is clearly a gap here between the really basic children's version, and the full on crossword completing adult. Example "color" - first suggestion is couloir!

5.0 out of 5 stars best spell checkers for dyslexia, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
I bought these as a class set for an SEN class in a main stream school, the students use them intuitively and basic phonetic skills will help students find the spelling they are looking for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
Reasonable delivery, reasonably priced, and yet this has to be my worst purchase made from Amazon, to say this spell checker is very limited would be an understatement, vertually useless as a spell checker, very limited in the dictionary department, would perhaps be more suitable for a 5 year old child? would absolutely not recommend for any adult.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 21 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
I got this for one of my children (10) who was still spelling phonetically.

It's very simple in use, small, light and works well. The kids complained about the (random) words it chose for the hangman game (which really were a bit obscure) and there were a couple of words it didn't manage to guess (from the misspelled version), like: aireal, aeriel, aerial and diarea, diaorhea, diarhea, diarheoa, diarrhoea , but then their correct spelling is a bit obnoxious.

I dont hav it with me now, but I imajin it wud hav no trubbel with eny of this :-)

So, all in all, excellent -- especially at the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied customer, 28 Dec. 2009
Mrs. Amanda Horn (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
we delighted with franklin spq109 collins pocket speller .transaction was first class and the product was exceptional

4.0 out of 5 stars Franklin speller, 16 Dec. 2009
G. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
Brilliant item...great for Scrabble online. I bought this as bought one previously for my boyfriend & liked it. Compact & great value for money. Better & cheaper than a lot of others I've seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy., 4 Sept. 2014
K. Sheppard (Staffordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
I bought this to replace an earlier model of the Franklin spell checker that the hinged cover had broken off, although it did still work. This model has several improvements including an improved hinge, and an additional feature that when in the 'spell mode', an asterisk may be inserted instead of a question mark to represent an unspecified number of unknown characters. Unlike a spell checker I own made by another manufacturer, it still works if the first letter of a word is unknown. The 'Build' function will find every word that can be made out of the displayed letters starting with the longest, and will also include solutions where an unspecified letter is included. It has a very large vocabulary that includes many words most people will never have heard of. The only complaint I have, is that it there is no notch to make it easier to open the cover, but it is OK when you get used to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Collins Pocket Speller, 20 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Franklin SPQ109 Collins Pocket Speller (Office Product)
Fantastic item and very good response to questions. Item arrived in good condition and within the time span stated.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›