Colour: Volcanic|Change

As a wedding present, almost 30 years ago we were given a set of these pans. Eventually the screw threads on the inside of the handles went because we kept unscrewing and screwing back on the wooden handles to allow us to put them through the dishwasher.

We then replaced with an expensive set of non-stick pans (costing roughly the same as these) and I have regretted this decsion time after time.

Now, new Le Crueset pans have arrived and I'm happy again.

There have been modifications over the last thirty years:

- they now have heat resistant plastic handles which are OK for low oven temperatures and, more importantly, OK for the dishwasher; a significant improvement on the old wooden handles
- instead of the spout, they now have 'lips' to make pouring possible. The difference being the spout was on one side, the lips are on both sides, making the pans suitable for pouring when holding in either left of right hand (instead of only being able to pour when holding in your right hand)
- the lids now have a steam vent hole; necessary as previously the spout had provided this function
- they now have a lifetime guarantee, although if they last 30 years, the lifetime of the pans and my lifetime are probably a 'dead' heat :-)
- there is a handle (in reality a wide stub) opposite the handle allowing them to be lifted using two hands, although you will need oven gloves to hold this metal stub.

So, overall, excellent quality which should last my lifetime and with many improvements over the last three decades.

Highly recommended - you will never regret purchasing these.
on 9 July 2013
always wanted a set of these. Plus side is they cook very quickly, cooking vegetables bring to the boil and turn off and they continue cooking saving fuel the down side they are very heavy and would not be suitable for anyone with weak wrists.
on 5 May 2014
I expected these to be slow to heat up and for things to stick. However I have been pleasantly surprised. Most stuff cooks very well in them (white sauce, mince) but my pasta did stick to the bottom. Will have to find another way (maybe having the water boiling before adding the pasta) to ensure this does not happen. Cleaning in hot soapy water is a dream and the contents just come off with a cloth. Fantastic!
on 30 December 2013
Having had several sets of pans including stainless steel, non-stick, IKEA, Russell Hobbs etc. - and having had all of the pans fail at some point, sometimes within just a couple of months - Tesco (No) Value, despite following care instructions supplied, I decided it was time to invest in some 'proper pans'. Yes, these are expensive but they are worth it! Excellent heat distribution, actual non-stick surfaces, robust and resilient, these pans will definitely last you a lifetime, and if not, they come with a guarantee to ensure they will. Think about the number of times you've had to replace your pans, and you'll find they're excellent value for money and a definite investment. My only criticism would be the weight. Even the smallest of the 3 pans is heavy as they are made of cast iron. That said, I have also added a Le Creuset casserole dish to my collection and plan to expand it further with some more quality Le Creuset cookware.
on 15 July 2016
These pans have ushered in a new age of cooking in my kitchen. Goodbye rubbish non-stick surfaces, hello to cast iron brilliance.

Okay, let's get this out of the way. They're heavy. Really heavy. If you have small hands and weak wrists, these might not be for you.

But if you can hold them and not fear dropping them, they're amazing. The big advantage to cast iron cookware is that they retain heat and distribute it evenly. This means you can cook on lower temperatures than you otherwise would, and you can rely on your food to get cooked through perfectly.

Onions caramelize beautifully, meats sear with a crisp outer surface, and sauces thicken to a gooey syrup.

If you really love food, you will love these pans.
on 2 April 2012
I love these pan's. They make cooking a pleasure! They cook the food evenly, and wash easily. My favorite feature is the drip catcher lip on the sides of the pan as it allows you to pour out some of the contents without it dripping down the side of the pan which then burns to the base if you return it to the hob, the lip allows you to easily wipe away the drip with out causeing a mess on your hob. I hope to get many years cooking from these as they really are made to last.
on 17 December 2012
These eventually arrived and were all I had hoped for and expected from Le Creuset. These pans are excellent for all boiling, stewing and general saucepan tasks, I prefer them to stainless steel despite the extra weight. My only real complaint here is with the delivery. Don't rely on "next day" delivery. I paid for "next day" delivery but the parcel didn't arrive until the second working day, even though the City Link tracking service said the parcel was out for delivery on the first day. Having to take a day off work and wait in from 07:30 to 21:00 for a parcel which doesn't arrive is a real source of frustration. Amazon did refund my "next day" delivery fee, but the courier, City Link, have a lot of improvements to make in their delivery service in my view.
on 5 February 2013
These are replacements for a set bought 35 years ago, which are now getting a little chipped round the edges.
Still the same, although the pouring lip has now been replaced by a pouring edge all the way round. Not sure if we like it, but will no doubt get used to it. The quality is still the best.
on 11 January 2013
Bought for my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas. It is not only beautiful but practical. I have never seen such happy faces. I cannot believe I had such a bargain in that I was able to buy this luxury item for them.
Thanks to all involved
on 22 March 2014
Love these pans, save on energy , worth the money as will last for years, very sturdy and does the job. however a little heavy if you have arthritis, but! still worth the cost, came very well packed, highly recommend them .