Top positive review
20 people found this helpful
After 30 years - time for the same again
on 6 February 2012
As a wedding present, almost 30 years ago we were given a set of these pans. Eventually the screw threads on the inside of the handles went because we kept unscrewing and screwing back on the wooden handles to allow us to put them through the dishwasher.
We then replaced with an expensive set of non-stick pans (costing roughly the same as these) and I have regretted this decsion time after time.
Now, new Le Crueset pans have arrived and I'm happy again.
There have been modifications over the last thirty years:
- they now have heat resistant plastic handles which are OK for low oven temperatures and, more importantly, OK for the dishwasher; a significant improvement on the old wooden handles
- instead of the spout, they now have 'lips' to make pouring possible. The difference being the spout was on one side, the lips are on both sides, making the pans suitable for pouring when holding in either left of right hand (instead of only being able to pour when holding in your right hand)
- the lids now have a steam vent hole; necessary as previously the spout had provided this function
- they now have a lifetime guarantee, although if they last 30 years, the lifetime of the pans and my lifetime are probably a 'dead' heat :-)
- there is a handle (in reality a wide stub) opposite the handle allowing them to be lifted using two hands, although you will need oven gloves to hold this metal stub.
So, overall, excellent quality which should last my lifetime and with many improvements over the last three decades.
Highly recommended - you will never regret purchasing these.