4.0 out of 5 stars A real boost for winter riding
I'm cycling very regularly now, and can't afford the luxury of a 'winter bike.' Yet it's amazing just how much crud comes off the road, and how much it gets in every nook and cranny on the bike. People often advertise expensive bikes saying dry miles only, and I can really see why they would do that.

This kit is a great help though, and goes a long way to...
Published on 14 April 2011 by Mr. James West

3.0 out of 5 stars A little pricey for what it is.
Published 11 months ago by Rudiman

4.0 out of 5 stars A real boost for winter riding, 14 April 2011
Mr. James West "Nebulous" (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)

This kit is a great help though, and goes a long way to restoring the bike's looks. I find it best to clean it soon after getting home. if you leave the dirt to dry on it becomes much more difficult.

A couple of warnings- firstly be sure and wash the brushes thoroughly. They can do a good job of getting oil-based dirt off the bike, but it then sticks to the brush and next time you wash the bike you spread it back on again. I wash them several times with hot water and detergent.

Secondly don't keep the whole kit in the bucket with the lid closed. I did this, and noticed the aerosol bike spray was getting rusty, but then found the can empty one day and all the spray in the bottom of the bucket. The can had rusted right through!

Apart from that it really does the job, and is one of the most useful things you'll get to maintain your bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra £££, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)
Was reluctant to spend thirty quid on this when other kits are cheaper and I doubted that I really needed all those brushes. However, decided to buy it after realising how bad for the environment other brands are, and the various cleaning tools all turned out to be really useful. SO much easier than cleaning with car shampoo and a toothbrush! I've never got a bike so clean.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little pricey for what it is., 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)
I have been cycling for a while now, and a part of that is looking after and cleaning your bike. Up until I bought this i simply used objects I found around the house, a tooth brush, an old brush we use for everything, a screw driver. Anything I could find. These all worked fine, did the job and got the bike looking clean. I got the new tools as I upgraded my bike and winter cycling quickly got it gritty and started to affect my cycling. The new tools make little to no difference in the simplicity and ease of cleaning up my new bike. The Muc-off bike cleaner works pretty well, so it's got that going for it. Personally I feel the aptly named 'bike spray' is a filler and it's useless.

My bike is clean, it worked but it did nothing special to decrease time spent cleaning, and didn't really make it much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars cleaner bike, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)
Bought it for my Husband to clean his motor bike, best cleaner out, cleans with ease, recommend to all motor bike users.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - my bike is clean!, 12 July 2013
Ms. E. A. Sumner (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)
I have been procrastinating cleaning my bike for over a year. It was caked in mud! These products worked amazingly and I highly reccommend. WIth a little elbow grease my bike is sparkling now. Thank you Muc-Off.

5.0 out of 5 stars cant wait to wash, 13 Jan 2010
Mrs. S. Scriven "sheila scriven" (bham england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)
gave this as a present the recipiant was so delighted, went on and on about the quality of the items. I scored really well!!! thanks so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrubba-dub-dub!, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)
Great kit this, one thing I will say and this was probably in the instructions and I didn't read thoroughly. Don't use the big brush on your frame like I did. It hasn't done any serious damage but has left a few very, very faint little scratches (depending how the light hits it) so now my frame just gets a sponge bath. The brushes do a good job of getting into nooks and crannies but you might want to also get a degreaser for the chain etc. The cleaner doesn't work on the oily grime. I'm sure it helps but I don't think it's specifically designed to remove it like a degreaser would.

I love the bike spray too once I've got my bike all nice and clean. It makes it look brand new. Might want to spray it onto a soft cloth to apply near disc brakes though as it will have an effect for a while if you get any on them. I did the first time and thought they were ruined but they started working fine again after about a mile of excessive braking. So after a clean/spray do a test cycle somewhere with no cars/walls within hitting distance just in case you get any on your brakes.

All in all if you read the instructions (unlike me) and combine with a good degreaser for the bad areas (last one I used was by White Lightning) you'll have your bike looking brand spanking new and turning heads again in no time. This obviously depends on the actual condition of the bike, it's Muc-Off not Miracle-On :P

5.0 out of 5 stars Gg, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)
Really good product! We'll worth the buy if you are considering it. Hope everyone else thinks the same about this product .

5.0 out of 5 stars Muckoff, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)
nice bit of kit what u see on the box is what u get i useit for my motocross bike and mountain bike
u get a free sticker and the muck off sponge was just a normal yellow one but that's the only different thing.
cant go wrong really as its £40 in shops and around £30 on amazon well this seller on amazon!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the buy, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit (Sports)
perfect little kit! thank you. and not bad on the price. well worth the buy!definitely will purchase again when brushes worn out

Muc-Off 8-In-One Bike Cleaning Kit