Size: 5 Litre|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 October 2009
I have been using MucOff for years and can't praise it enough. A quick spray, agitate the really dirty bits with an old paint brush and hose off. Even engrained greasy dirt washes away easily and the bike comes up like new - with none of the horrible streaky drying you get after washing with soap based products, It seem safe on all materials as well.
on 21 September 2014
I swear by Muc-Off products as they just seem to do the job perfectly (used it long before Team Sky got on board and started promoting it). There are lots of alternatives on the market, but I'm the kind of person who likes to stick with a product that I've tried and tested to do the job in hand - Muc-Off does just that.

Particularly in the winter months, my bike tends to get caked in dirt after just a couple of rides (being a commuter cyclist makes it happen much quicker). To help keep everything in clean, running order I try to keep my bike as clean as possible. Muc-Off bicycle cleaner is a simple to use cleaner - you simply rinse excess dirt off your bike, spray muc-off on and leave it for a few minutes to work its magic, agitate it with a brush and then rinse it off.

It doesn't work fantastically with oil as it's not really a degreaser, but for removing general dirt it is fantastic. Purchasing it in the 5-litre bottle allows me to refill my hand spray bottle at a much cheaper price than simply buying new. Highly recommended.
on 5 November 2012
Hose the bike, spray this on to the bike, leave for a minute or two, brush all over, then rinse off.
As simple as that, and even makes my chain sparkle.
Great stuff!

(I use this on an MTB that gets very muddy)
on 2 February 2014
I used this product after a particularly muddy bike ride. Even though I had read all the positives reviews I was very sceptical about the efficiency of this product. All I can say is WOW this product really does work. My bike is now super clean.
on 16 May 2012
I have an expensive Mountain bike and like to look after it, in fact i'd say i'm probably a little OCD about it. I bought this Muc Off cleaner, not for day to day cleaning (bucket of water will do that) but for use after a long days ride in bad conditions where the bike comes back literally covered in mud.....more often than not, along with the rest of the families bikes too.

These products seem to be able to break down the bond between any grime and your bike, so after you've sprayed it liberally onto the whole bike (its safe to use on everything including rubber parts and brakes) and waited 5 minutes, a spray with a hose will take off pretty much all the mud in one go. This really does save a lot of time overall.

After this, I just spray down the metal components (not brakes) with Muc Off 'Bike Spray' to drive out any water, (I suspect it's very similar to WD40) and then re-lube the drivetrain.

Apparently this stuff can be used for other things too - cleaning your car wheels and even your cooker hob, but I haven't tried that yet. Update! 20/06/12: This stuff works really well to clean car alloy wheels too! Brilliant!

About the only downside is the price, which is why I went for this 5L size which should last quite a while as you don't use more than say 100-200ml each time.
on 19 February 2012
This stuff really works! In near-freezing temperatures I didn't want to spend ages labouring over a bike wash and with Muc-Off didn't have to! Sprayed the bike with water, then Muc-Off. Walked away and had a smoke. Five minutes later, came back and sprayed my bike with water again : job done! Really impressed.
on 18 January 2012
I love this stuff.

Get back from an off-road ride with the bike caked in mud, hose down, spray on the Muc-Off, leave a couple of minutes and then rinse off and the bike is shiny as new (almost). Occasionally I use a de-greaser first on the chainset and then use the Muc-Off after - it gets rid of the de-greaser that has sprayed onto the wheels and frame. It doesn't seem to be damaging the plastic /rubber components or my leather saddle.

Works out much cheaper to buy the 5L - especially compared to the price my bike shop wants for 1L.
I've been using Muc-Off to clean my motorbikes for ten years now with no problems. Arrive home, let the bike cool a little, spray on the Muc-Off liquid, wait five minutes and hose down. Job done (although for a treat, get the chamois out!)

I have a 1.5 litre spray Muc-Off bottle, and use this 5 litre container to top it up. After a couple of years, the spray container loses its efficiency, but it's easy to buy another and carry on in the smae way. Recommended.
on 15 April 2014
I have used this over the year for my bike and it does really work well and work fast. It gets the kind of grease of that most other fluids don't really effect at all.

What it achieves is more than the usual household cleaners like fairy liquid or that sort of thing and is safe to use on bike materials.

I have also seen it used at the local hand car wash, so it must be good since speed is of the essence in those places

Muc-Off Biodegradable Bike Cleaner has an incredibly effective cleaning formula containing 'Nano Technology' that also cares for your bike's delicate finishes. It contains no harmful acids, CFC's or solvents and is fully biodegradable so you cant loose really.

Just a note of caution in that there are smaller sizes out there so don't get this huge size unless you need to.
I live in a National Park where the lanes are constantly very muddy and in the winter can be sometimes like cycling through mud baths. Therefore my bike gets very very dirty.

I use this product both on my road bike and on my hybrid. For me it really is brilliant. It saves me heaps of time in cleaning my bike and it works so effectively. I don't even want to think about the time it took me to clean the bikes before I first discovered Muc-Off.

Basically, all you need to do is spray it onto the bike. Leave it for a few minutes. If there are any particularly bad spots I use a sponge to rub it gently. Then I simply hose the bike down or rinse it over with sponge and water. It works very quickly and easily, and you don't need massive amounts to do a good job.

Recommended