5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tyre
Published on 20 Sep 2011 by C. L. Vidler

3.0 out of 5 stars Replacement tyres
Replaced my knobbly tyres with city jets, all fine on roads & tracks, but soon as you hit loose shale , stones , grit, the tyres become lethal, buy these but stick to decent tracks & they are a good purchase
Published 19 months ago by m.lou

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tyre, 20 Sep 2011
C. L. Vidler (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwalbe City Jet, 26 Inch, Commuter Tyre (Sports)
I bought these tyres to replace a chunky tyre as I had changed the type of ground that I was regularly travelling over. FANTASTIC, why did I not buy these earlier. They added 3.5 - 4 mph to my average speed on an average 20 mile run. Only draw back was the pressure, 60 - 85 psi, wow have my arms had a workout getting to 85psi!.On the road they grip well and I have noticed a marked increase in the response to my moving the handlebars (less road resistance). They are good for mixed road / tow path use and have proven themselves over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 20 Oct 2012
This review is from: Schwalbe City Jet, 26 Inch, Commuter Tyre (Sports)
I already use the Schwalbe City Jet Semi-Slick Puncture Protected Rigid Tyre 26 x 1.95 Blackon my mountain bike hybrid, no complaints but over time as I felt resistance when riding, and getting them to fit under my mudguards ETC Mtb Full Length Mudguard Set 26 x 1.75-2.125 Black was requiring constant adjustment.
I realized thinner tires were required, as I had used City Jet previously and the supplier was very prompt, I ordered the 26"x1.5 version. They fitted perfectly, but be careful when fitting as you can crimp the inner tube easily. Inflation is 80psi and my pump managed it although at the 70psi mark it was hard going.
On the road they are excellent, as much grip as the fatter Tyre but less rolling resistance, it gives you a faster and easier cruising speed and the excellent grip in the wet is still there. The puncture protection is still superb as my daft brother dropped nails in the driveway and it went over them easily.
A great product I would recommend to anyone and they are cheap too with free delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Commuter Tyre, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: Schwalbe City Jet, 26 Inch, Commuter Tyre (Sports)
I cycle over 100 miles a week commuting to and from work, until recently I have been using my Claude Butler Milano with Schwalbe Lugano tyres and after three punctures in less than 24 hours decided to change across to a mountain bike over the winter months.

The first two weeks on standard chunky mountain bike tyres on a cheap heavy mountain bike killed my legs and added loads of time onto my daily commute, so after reading other reviews of this tyre decided to give it a go.

My first trip into work with these tyres took around five mintues off of my time the previous week. No other changes were made to the bike, so the time saving can only have come to the greatly reduced rolling resistance these tyres offer over normal mountain bike tyres.

I have now used these for a fortnight on a road and cycle path commute in dry, wet and now icey conditions and the grip seems good for a tyre in this price bracket and despite taking a daily hammering from pot holes and high drop kerbs they have not suffered any punctures (yet!). To get the best out of these tyres they do need to be inflated to their maximum allowable pressure.

When this bike needs another new set of tyres, I would get another set of these without thinking twice about it.

If you are looking to make your daily commute quicker, easier and more enjoyable, get yourself a decent road bike - but these do come a very close second!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tyres made my old mountain bike feel new again., 23 May 2013
Mr. L. C. Jeffery (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwalbe City Jet, 26 Inch, Commuter Tyre (Sports)
Great tyres at a great price. I put these on my old mountain bike and the change they made were amazing. The bike is a lot faster now and the grip is great. Overall very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality tyres, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Schwalbe City Jet, 26 Inch, Commuter Tyre (Sports)
two tyres for the price of one you cant get much better than that, i looked everywhere for this brand and found the perfect bargain on Amazon keep up the good work we love a bargain

3.0 out of 5 stars Replacement tyres, 3 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars city jet tyre, 9 May 2010
S. oldland - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwalbe City Jet, 26 Inch, Commuter Tyre (Sports)
This tyre makes a big differance to standard mountain bike tyres on the road. Do make sure that your inner tubes are suited to the size of this tyre when fitting though otherwise you could end up trapping, pinching and piercing them. I had to go out and buy slightly smaller tubes from my local bike shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy, 10 May 2013
MonkeyT (North London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwalbe City Jet, 26 Inch, Commuter Tyre (Sports)
After changing my cycle regular cycling route from commuting on glass-strewn canal tow-paths to the city streets, I bought these (along with 2.5" innertubes). Being a little obsessive over my cycling routes, I keep a spreadsheet of time and distance for when I go out biking. These slick tyres improved my average speed by approx. 2km/h over my old fat tyres.
Good value for money and perfect for cycling around city streets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Puncture protected?, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Schwalbe City Jet, 26 Inch, Commuter Tyre (Sports)
I really like these tyres for road cycling, much smoother and faster on the straight when compared to off road or semi slick tyres. The only thing I don't really like about these tyres is that I've had two punctures over a 6 month period of use, being taken out around three times a week. First was a tiny shard of glass that went right though the puncture resistant rubber in the middle and the second time was this morning when a thorn from a dead plant went through. Fortunately they're nice and easy to get off, so fixing a puncture isn't a big deal when you're miles from home!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great conversion from off road to road bike., 8 April 2013
This review is from: Schwalbe City Jet, 26 Inch, Commuter Tyre (Sports)
This is a great way to get a road bike out of a mountain bike, though you will need to get 1.50 tubes if like my offroad tyres the tube is 1.75 but still well worth it as really reduces the drag on the road .