on 21 November 2010
Being a crossword fanatic, the Franklin Collins Dictionary and Thesaurus is an absolute MUST.
I certainly wouldn't be without one - it makes crosswords much easier to complete whilst educating yourself at the same time.
on 21 November 2011
Great and very usefull device. Perfect for the crossworder. Perhaps a too sophisticated data base, because processing time is a little protracted.
Very efficient and speedy delivery.
Real disappointment on switching on device for the first time, when it informs me that the battery is low. So after having to go out and buy a new battery, any cost saving and convienience of internet shopping was negated.
on 18 June 2013
This was in my wishlist for some time and i was fortunate to find it for less here. I am totally happy with this and would buy it again!
on 3 September 2011
Disappointing product, dictionary very poor and one cannot save the results of one's research when the machine is turned off briefly.
on 6 May 2010
There was a slight problem with delivery due to shortage of stock (obviously very popular) but did arrive in time to give as a present to a work colleague from Thailand to help her with her English. She started to use it straight away and found it useful and fun. It was very much appreciated and is well used. I am now thinking of getting one for myself!
on 19 February 2011
It was a bit smaller than anticipated (should have looked closer at the dimensions) and the buttons tend to stick down. Otherwise it's ok.
on 17 November 2009
excellent value for money. update of previous item for my father and he would not be without it!!
on 13 December 2013
This does exactly what it says it does. Handy size to carry in your pocket. I can recommend this product.
on 20 January 2012
I am a bit disappointed, i contacted Franklin by there on line 'Contact us' option about why i could not find the word Huckleberry on my DMQ119 which is supposed to include the Collins Dictionary. i had to resort to my old big hard back Dictionary which this DMQ was supposed to replace and found it in there. Have had no reply. Not good. Very disappointed good mind to return it.
on 15 March 2014
I had a spell check for years that worked phonetically and was brilliant. I thought this would be the same but it is not. It can only recognise spellings in which you make a single letter mistake and even then only sometimes. If you want one for definition or as a thesaurus it fine but not as a spelling aid. It is also a lot cheaper looking than I was expecting.