4.0 out of 5 stars [3.5]--Why don't you tell me your secret?,
I enjoyed this film for what it is but others won't feel the same. The movie Fur pays essentially no attention to Arbus's career as a photographer. In fact, if you do not already know about her work and its themes, you will leave be upset like a few reviewers in here, other than to realize that she was interested in freaks. The film never really shows the part of her life...
Published on 28 Aug 2007 by Jenny J.J.I.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor, or is it me?
I know it is meant to be a tribute/fantasy, but with Kidman, Downey, etc in it I did expect a film worth watching. It is weird, strange, and decidedly offbeat. If you are expecting a film remotely about the real life of Arbus forget it, if you like fantasy, and Kidman in 50's style clothes and hair then it might be worth watching because she has to be one of the most...
Published on 30 May 2011 by F. McLean-Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing and beguiling...., 16 Mar 2008
This review is from: Fur - An Imaginary Portrait Of Diane Arbus [DVD] (DVD)
What a quirky little film. I don't want to give too much away, because when I chose this film, I had no idea what it was really about, and as the film unfolded, I found myself being so completely drawn in. I'm glad I didn't read anything about it now, and I only knew that Nicole Kidman was in it, but the moment you hear his voice, you'll know who her neighbour is. This is a very intriguing film, beautifully played out by all involved. As it's not strictly a biographical film, I still am none the wiser who Diane Arbus is, or what her work was like, but if she inspired a film like this, she must have been very influential.

2.0 out of 5 stars Why is this film labeled as a Diane Arbus film?, 27 May 2008
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fur - An Imaginary Portrait Of Diane Arbus [DVD] (DVD)
I was so looking forward to this film, but disappointed that it was never on general release at the cinema. I flukely found it whilst looking for second golf clubs in a charity shop. My luck day or so I thought. Now I have read the biography on Diane Arbus by Patricia Bosworth. That book was very depressing but it opened my eyes to her photographic talent.

I so wanted this film to be a true reflection of her unique talent and was very disappointed. The director has obviously tried to make a Arthouse type of film but this tale is more "Alice in Wonderland" then anything remotely arty.

The film is advertised as an imaginary story of Diane Arbus and I am so confused as to why her name is even mentioned. The storyline is fictitious and though Diane Arbus did photograph the unusual and had an ie for "freaks of nature" I cannot recall any mention of her photographing a person who more closely looked like a wild animal or werewolve then a person. I can't recall even seeing a photograph of one in her portfolios. No this director has clearly used Diane Arbus's name to see his attempt to produce an Arty film.

I can see why the film was never on general release and whilst the film is enjoyable, to me its cheated me out of watching a film about this talented, unique and depressed photographer who died prematurely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Cinematography, 8 April 2008
Spiridon Karavas (Greece) - See all my reviews
You can see a movie.
Or a work of art.
This movie is a work of art.
Thank you for the wondefull experience
Nicole,Robert,Ty,Steven,Erin,Patricia,Carter for the wondefull music
and finally Bill!