4.4 out of 5 stars1,062
Price:£2.69+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 785 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 3 November 2008
to all those "Doubting thomas" out there who are not sure if you have to spend a fortune on a HDMI cable or not believe me when I say the answer is a resounding NO. I purchased one of these the other day and was amazed when I fitted it into my system (Sony 42" Flat screen TV with Blue Ray player)
There was no differance at all between the two leads I have (one supplied by Sony valued at over £50.00) and then this one and you could not tell the differance when alternating them , so buy with confidence and save yourself pounds (just about to order another one)
0Comment|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 12 May 2008
Don't be put off by the fact that this cable only costs £2-£4, (£7-£9 including postage and packaging)! Since HDMI cables send a digital signal, the quality of the cable is irrelevent, with HDMI there is no point in buying a £20+ cable with gold plated connectors.

Unlike cables such as VGA, Component, Composite and Scart, the signal is not analogue and therefore doesn't get degraded on cheap cables.

Don't spend £20+ on a cable when you can get this one for under a tenner! It gives a great picture and was well worth the money, i wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

(i use this cable to connect my computer to my television, although it will also work on HD DVD players, Upscaling DVD Players, HD Television Boxes, Blu-ray players, Xbox 360s and PS3s)
66 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2011
I was in no hurry to buy a 5m cable so I thought I'd give this cable a go after reading reviews on how the technology used in hdmi leads is digital, therefore the difference in quality between a £50 for instance(I have 5 x 2m £25 hdmi platinum cables) is hardly noticeable.

I paid coppers for this item and it was free postage!

It arrived quickly, and I plugged it into my PC and then into my av receiver.

I kid you not that there is NO difference between this cable and the 5 other cables I spent a small fortune on.

The picture quality is immense, so it isn't a case of having 5x bad £25 cables it is simply a case of the rumours of the technology is able to be highly enhanced by spending a fortune IS utter rubbish!

Analog cables like SCART etc, could be improved, very much so in some cases, but this digital technology either cannot or if it does you will hardly notice any difference. I have one hdmi running into my 3D TV from my receiver (1.4 hdmi, which supports 3D) and about 8 devices using various sockets, so I do notice picture discrepancies.

I didn't need a 3D compatible cable for my PC, so that is why this 1.3 version cable is ideal.

If you haven't took the plunge to 3D yet, and you want it for anything else other then 3D this cable works brilliantly.

The build quality is actually pretty good too, not flashy gold connectors or anything but just a discreet black connector, which seems about as sturdy as any toughened plastic I've come across.

+ Everything, except...

- non 3D compatible

Thank you for a great product.

Dave
on 18 September 2013
An excellent price for a fantastic cable. other high st shops are selling the same thing for over £20, will certainly tell my friends about this
on 1 August 2008
Bought two of these to allow me to put the sources away from the wall-mounted flat screen TV.
Cables are concealed, and the screen looks great.
HDMI (digital) means the electrical quality of the wire is not in question, and so the picture is totally crisp.
I thoroughly recommend it!
on 14 June 2012
I am really impressed with this HDMI cable for the cost! It has proven to me that it is not worth paying £30 or more for a similar product.
on 23 August 2011
i absolutely LOVE this wire. bought it to connect my PC HDMI output to the LG lcd tv. it does everything the pricey ones do and though i was a tad skeptical at first, i couldnt have been further from the truth. does exactly what it says on the tin and works without any distortion etc! stop thinking and get buying!!!!
on 16 June 2012
Ordered from them countless times! Good quality, amazing price, fast delivery! very happy! The cables are sturdy and still emit a brilliant picture without having to dish out loads of money for a more expensive HDMI cable. Why pay more for the same thing?!
on 5 May 2009
5m long. Cheap, does the job.

It doesnt matter how cheap your HDMI cable is, it doesnt make a difference to picture quality!

So spend less and use more!!!

This cable is recommended!
on 8 December 2011
Needed a long HDMI cable to connect my PC to my HD TV to watch BBCiplayer etc. on the big screen. Cable all good with gold plating for under £4 . Excellent value and performance.