5.0 out of 5 stars hdmi the real story
to all those "Doubting thomas" out there who are not sure if you have to spend a fortune on a HDMI cable or not believe me when I say the answer is a resounding NO. I purchased one of these the other day and was amazed when I fitted it into my system (Sony 42" Flat screen TV with Blue Ray player)
There was no differance at all between the two leads I have (one...
Published on 3 Nov. 2008 by Mr. A. Tebbs

1.0 out of 5 stars Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable
This item was purchased in order to connect my laptop to my TV set. It was chosen because the long connecting cable would make it possible to operate the laptop at a comfortable viewinjg distance from the TV.
Published on 2 Jan. 2012 by Chimiste

5.0 out of 5 stars hdmi the real story, 3 Nov. 2008
Mr. A. Tebbs (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
There was no differance at all between the two leads I have (one supplied by Sony valued at over £50.00) and then this one and you could not tell the differance when alternating them , so buy with confidence and save yourself pounds (just about to order another one)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the price!, 12 May 2008
Jam "jamydoja" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
Don't be put off by the fact that this cable only costs £2-£4, (£7-£9 including postage and packaging)! Since HDMI cables send a digital signal, the quality of the cable is irrelevent, with HDMI there is no point in buying a £20+ cable with gold plated connectors.

Unlike cables such as VGA, Component, Composite and Scart, the signal is not analogue and therefore doesn't get degraded on cheap cables.

Don't spend £20+ on a cable when you can get this one for under a tenner! It gives a great picture and was well worth the money, i wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

(i use this cable to connect my computer to my television, although it will also work on HD DVD players, Upscaling DVD Players, HD Television Boxes, Blu-ray players, Xbox 360s and PS3s)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning product, full stop., 28 May 2011
D WHITE (Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
I was in no hurry to buy a 5m cable so I thought I'd give this cable a go after reading reviews on how the technology used in hdmi leads is digital, therefore the difference in quality between a £50 for instance(I have 5 x 2m £25 hdmi platinum cables) is hardly noticeable.

I paid coppers for this item and it was free postage!

It arrived quickly, and I plugged it into my PC and then into my av receiver.

I kid you not that there is NO difference between this cable and the 5 other cables I spent a small fortune on.

The picture quality is immense, so it isn't a case of having 5x bad £25 cables it is simply a case of the rumours of the technology is able to be highly enhanced by spending a fortune IS utter rubbish!

Analog cables like SCART etc, could be improved, very much so in some cases, but this digital technology either cannot or if it does you will hardly notice any difference. I have one hdmi running into my 3D TV from my receiver (1.4 hdmi, which supports 3D) and about 8 devices using various sockets, so I do notice picture discrepancies.

I didn't need a 3D compatible cable for my PC, so that is why this 1.3 version cable is ideal.

If you haven't took the plunge to 3D yet, and you want it for anything else other then 3D this cable works brilliantly.

The build quality is actually pretty good too, not flashy gold connectors or anything but just a discreet black connector, which seems about as sturdy as any toughened plastic I've come across.

+ Everything, except...

- non 3D compatible

Thank you for a great product.

Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to have the length to separate screen from sources., 1 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
Bought two of these to allow me to put the sources away from the wall-mounted flat screen TV.
Cables are concealed, and the screen looks great.
HDMI (digital) means the electrical quality of the wire is not in question, and so the picture is totally crisp.
I thoroughly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
An excellent price for a fantastic cable. other high st shops are selling the same thing for over £20, will certainly tell my friends about this

1.0 out of 5 stars Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable, 2 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
However, the data transmitted was grossly distorted, making it impossible to view photographs and video stored on the laptop. An alternative and shorter cable performed perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product, do not risk buying, 6 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
i purchased 4 of these to install a new TV. I spent a lot of time swapping and changing the cables to eventualy find that only 1 of the 4 worked. I guess you get what you pay for, these are cheap rubbish that will end up in your bin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than from a shop and does the job perfectly!, 14 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
I am really impressed with this HDMI cable for the cost! It has proven to me that it is not worth paying £30 or more for a similar product.

1.0 out of 5 stars for longer distance this isn't good enough., 26 July 2014
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
Unfortunately I have learned a lesson that hdmi over certain distance needs to be of a decent quality. This 5m cable couldn't run Full HD, was even struggling with 1600x900 and I had to purchase another cable (4.5m branded) to get my monitor to operation. Get cheap cables for up to 3m, for longer distance this isn't good enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars perrrrrfect!, 23 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable (Accessory)
i absolutely LOVE this wire. bought it to connect my PC HDMI output to the LG lcd tv. it does everything the pricey ones do and though i was a tad skeptical at first, i couldnt have been further from the truth. does exactly what it says on the tin and works without any distortion etc! stop thinking and get buying!!!!

Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable