Published 11 months ago by D. Delacovias

I have one of these units as the key 'Cross-over', 'Volume control' and 'DAC' for my Mastering Studio. - Note that it is a modified version using the Jan Diddens active output stage. - With this update the unit is brilliant. Without it, I cannot stand the "scratchiness" of the sound.
Behringer make great digital kit - but unfortunately use cheap output...
Published 11 months ago by Rev.F

3.0 out of 5 stars Question which version they are selling - and modify it when you have it!, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Behringer DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro Ultra High Precision Digital 24 Bit/96 kHz Loudspeaker Management System (Electronics)
Behringer make great digital kit - but unfortunately use cheap output stages which compromise the sound.

I have had to buy three of these over the years as the motherboards only last a few years. (I note that the latest board I have fitted has been modified from earlier versions - so hopefully this one will be more reliable.

Note the unit being sold here has pictures of two different versions - so be careful which version they are selling you. The price here is between the versions - so I do not know which one they are selling... I pointed this out and questioned which version they were selling, but Amazon just said they had reviewed it and were not going to change the pictures... - So Good Luck! ;o)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and incredibly flexible electronic crossover unit for the money, 15 May 2014
D. Delacovias (London, England) - See all my reviews
I've been using mine for four years now in a tri-amped speaker system with two 12" bass units, an immaculate Onkyo mid range horn and super tweeter in each and while not perfect - what is? - the results are extremely fulfilling and superior for their natural dynamics to virtually everything I've heard over the last 50 years. And I've heard some good kit having worked in advertising, TV (including the BBC) and now film post production) At the end of the day, this is an excellent and incredibly flexible electronic crossover unit for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 27 Jun. 2014
I now own 2 of these, wich allow me to split my audio signals in my PA rig.
Worth every penny, Being honest for what it does, a huge value for money.
Well done Behringer.