5.0 out of 5 stars A feat for feet
These socks are comfortable, warm and blister-preventive/
Despite a lifetime's experience of walking / climbing, I can easily suffer blisters, especially if I haven't recently been doing lengthy walks First time out for a while I did over ten miles with boots that generally give me problems and - no problem.
Perhaps the best socks I have ever worn. Thank you
Published 11 months ago by Alban

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other socks in the Smartwool range
Published on 1 Dec 2010 by J. S. Hardman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other socks in the Smartwool range, 1 Dec 2010
J. S. Hardman "Consultant software developer ... (Near London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Some Smartwool socks are great, but not all, and you need to choose very carefully the right type from the range for the purpose you will be using them for. I've been wearing Smartwool socks for years inside my walking boots and wellington boots, and think my existing ones are great (if rather worn at this point). I recently started using my old pairs inside chainsaw boots, but found that I needed longer socks to protect my shins from the rubbing of the top of the chainsaw boots. To that end, I bought these slightly longer "Smartwool Socks - Performance Trekking Heavy Crew Grey, Medium". Unfortunately, I'm not overly impressed by these particular ones, for two reasons - they don't stay up and they aren't particularly warm. So yes, some Smartwool socks are great, but my advice is to take a look at the Smartwool range in a shop where you can compare them more easily to find the ones that will best suit your needs, and if you want long ones, check how elasticated they are to see whether they are likely to stay up. Despite my disappointment with this particular type from the range, I will still be buying other Smartwool socks.

[Note added March 2013 - solved my problem with this particular sock. Whilst on a recent trip north of the Arctic Circle, I took these socks but wore sock liners inside them. That combination solved the falling down, and partially solved the temperature issue. It's not ideal, as that extra layer means needing to wear slightly larger boots, but it did the trick.]

5.0 out of 5 stars A feat for feet, 20 May 2013
These socks are comfortable, warm and blister-preventive/
Perhaps the best socks I have ever worn. Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars The best - to date., 2 Dec 2012
Warm, comfortable, reasonably robust and a good price. If you walk many miles, you should treat yourself to these socks.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Smartwool Heavy Crew Trekking Socks (Apparel)
good for work when on ur feet all day for very long hours
good quality too and were a good price

4.0 out of 5 stars Great socks but...., 14 Oct 2013
Peter Jepson - See all my reviews
Very comfortable and effective walking socks. However, they do tend to wear at the toe and above the heel reinforcement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Smartwool Heavy Crew Trekking Socks (Apparel)
I ordered two pairs of smart wool socks as a christmas present for my son who has bought them for years for their quality and comfort. The quality of these however were not to the usual standard as there were a lot of loose stitching in both pairs. I did consider returning them am hoping that

These smartwool socks had a lot of loose stitching. I have not noticed this in previous purchases so I feel that these particular socks are sub standard and not up to the usual quality I would expect. I am hoping that this will not cause them to wear out quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Socks, 23 Feb 2013
Excellent quality, as decried and served their purpose. . . . . . . .. . . . . . .

ARRAY(0xae1c1b4c)