5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what is says on the box!, 23 Sep 2007
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (Audio CD)
It's exactly what it says on the box...playful clarinet...

If you are looking for intellectual & thought-provoking then forget it, but if you're looking for a talented clarinettist (& let's not ignore the accompanist) having fun then this CD is for you.

I ordered this on a whim after hearing the Schubert Serenade track played on Classic FM. One morning on my way to work I popped the CD into my in-car player & arrived at work smiling & chuckling: what a cracking mood booster! If you fail to laugh or at least chuckle at the joyful beautifully executed, but fun-filled playing of the `Mexican Hat Dance' then I suggest you seek medical advice. There are also moments of calm with tracks such as Bach/Gounod `Ave Maria' & Schubert `Serenade'.

This is one of the most refreshing, fun-filled CDs that I have the pleasure to own. I am definitely going to buy a second copy so that it's on hand, in my car for the gloomy winter months. Buy it if only to check that you still have a sense of humour!

Perhaps the CD also serves to remind us that the musical virtuosi can `let their hair down' have fun too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clarinet with piano accompaniment, skilled musicians doing their thing, 21 Oct 2009
J. S. Hardman "Consultant software developer ... (Near London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (Audio CD)
I bought Playful Clarinet after hearing Tico Tico broadcast on Classic FM. Just occasionally I hear a track played that is perfect or near perfect for a particular dance style. Tico Tico as played by Ludmila Peterkova is one of those (although it could easily be used for more than once dance style, I would use it for milonga, a form of tango, for which it is near perfect) and I bought this CD because of that, figuring that anything else that I liked on the CD would be a bonus.

For me, the whole CD is very easy listening, showing off the skills of both Ludmila (clarinet) and Irina (accompanying on piano). There are certainly some playful pieces on there (I remember playing the Mexican Hat Dance repeatedly, faster and faster as a child as it was such fun), so the title of the CD is accurate. If you like clarinet with just a piano accompaniment then this is going to be good for you. For me, there were some pieces where I would have liked more than just the two instruments, feeling in particular that strings would have added something extra. However, even without strings, this is a good and easy CD to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD Playful Clarinet Ludmila Peterkova, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (Audio CD)
This is simply brilliant! I bought it because I'd heard Ludmilla playing Tico Tico on the radio and was impressed with her light heartedness and technical skills, so I tracked down the CD. I loved it. Be patient with the Carneval of Venice, as it takes a while to wind up to full speed, but it's a lot of fun.

This CD must be really good - even my teenage daughter (who admittedly plays the clarinet, but thinks I'm an old fogey) wanted to listen to more and asked me to get her a copy. Each well known piece fits into the 'playful' category. Some are extraordinarily difficult to play, but Ludmilla makes them sound like fun. Her upper register is just as even and richly resonant as her lower register. Great music to lighten a Summer's evening.

5.0 out of 5 stars just brilliant!, 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (Audio CD)
We just love this CD - it is so cheerful and the quality of the playing from both piano and clarinet is immense. It feels very light but actually is totally inspirational. This is a purchase you will not regret. If you are buying for a friend get one for yourself as well otherwise you will be missing out!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best clarinet album, 16 Jun 2011
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (Audio CD)
This is one of the best clarinet album that I have. Simply love her style. Her technique is certainly one of the best. Even my ex-BF who is a clarinet teacher and very critical to others' performance had to admit this is an excellent recording!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, wonderful clarinet, 12 Feb 2011
Mrs. C. Muench "wolpi" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (Audio CD)
After long deliberation (years in fact) I have finally decided to learn to play the clarinet.And when practising gets tough and I want to chuck in the clarinet I just listen to this and I know why I want to play. It's wonderful and she plays all the tunes I want to be able to play. And like one reviewer has said before it's just the right music to listen to when driving. I can't recommend it enough. Thanks Ludmila!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will never get bored of listening to this, 28 Jan 2014
Brinjal (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (Audio CD)
A fantastic sound and range of music. A really wonderful CD I listen to every week. Another one please, Ludmilla.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some Good, Some Not So Good, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (MP3 Download)
No doubt superb playing but a couple do go on far too long and very repetitive. Most now on favourite list on MP3 but one or two definitely wont grow on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening., 2 Mar 2013
Mrs. S. B. Winn (Leeds. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (Audio CD)
Bought this CD after hearing one of the tracks on Classic FM.
Can thoroughly recommend. Easy listening selection of classic old favourites set for piano and clarinet including
" The flight of the bumble bee", "Nessum Dorma",The Girl from Ipanema" and many other pieces some very familiar and some not so familiar.
Makes for easy listening in the car or would be good background music for a family party.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Playful Clarinet (Audio CD)
This is really great - I love listening to this in the car. I liked it so much I bought one for my son in law to give him for Christmas. He enjoys this CD too and he does not normally listen to this kind of music - success!!

Playful Clarinet
Playful Clarinet by Ludmila Peterkova (Audio CD - 2007)