5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - ideal product for my needs
Published on 17 Nov 2008 by J. Summers

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings
I bought this mini studio because I have a project in hand that requires some close-up photos of some very small items.
It's compact, easy to set up & put away.
The smell from the lamps goes after a while.
I use a canon 400D which means I cant use the tripod as the tripod supplied can only just suport its own weight let alone that of a camera.
If you...
Published on 17 May 2009 by Mr. Nm Hill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - ideal product for my needs, 17 Nov 2008
J. Summers (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mini photo studio including Lights, stands, tripod, light tent etc (Electronics)
I ordered the Konig Mini Photo Studio last week - it arrived safely - supplied by Netgadgets - only 1 day after I ordered it. I tested it thoroughly and I am delighted with the simple design, the lights are great and the whole kit packs neatly in a well designed bag. The camera tripod isn't brilliant - a bit wobbly as other reviewers said - but the value in the light box and lights themselves more than make up for this. This is perfect for my upcoming e-commerce project - the resulting product photos look professional and I am delighted with this Netgadget product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 17 May 2009
Mr. Nm Hill (London, UK) - See all my reviews
It's compact, easy to set up & put away.
The smell from the lamps goes after a while.
If you want steady shots you will be better of supporting your camera on some books rather than using the rubbish tripod.
The only other change I would make to the kit is to replace the bulbs in the lights with LED's so that you could use the lights for longer than 10 mins which is a pain when you have a lot of shots to take & means you have to keep on stopping & starting rather than going with the flow.
Overall its a good budget item that could be better but does what it says on the box (almost).

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Photographic studio, 4 Sep 2009
Excellent bit of kit and extremely useful. Lightweight and very portable and in a nice carry case. Highly reccomend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 27 Oct 2008
Excellent value for money, neat & tidy with four colour backgrounds and two stand-up lights. If you are in need of a small studio type lighting set-up this is the kit you want. The included tripod/camera stand is not brilliant, but the kit as a whole represents an excellent investment for small product or macro photography purposes. One word of warning! the lights get very very hot, so take care.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it - you can't go wrong, 26 Oct 2008
Hammy (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I purchased this mini studio because I wanted to try to do some creative stuff with my new macro lens. Take my word for it, it's brilliant! Best 30 quid I've spent for a long time. The only very small quibble is that the included table-top tripod won't support my DSLR but hey who cares I'll just use my own tripod. The way it all packs up into its bag is great too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but could be better, 14 Nov 2010
Great concept but not so great in practice. Everything comes in a folding case and is quick and easy to setup. The bulbs are very sensitive - don't even think about moving the lamps when turned on as the slightest knock will blow the bulbs.

The different coloured backgrounds aren't the right dimensions for the mini studio and they are fabric, not paper as the product photo would suggest. This is sold as a mini studio and it really is just that. Taking into account the poorly sized backgrounds and the available space reduces even further.

The lamps, apart from the bulb issue, are great and combined with the mini studio create some great shots with very good lighting - even on my Samsung 10 mega pixel camera.

The mini studio is ideal for very small items, but too small for much else.

5.0 out of 5 stars good addition, 27 Mar 2008
Akif Ali Khan - See all my reviews
I bought it for close up flower shots and am really happy for this purchase. its a must have for close up photography at home when weather doesn't allow you to go outside..apart from the smell from the lamps when you use them for the first time no major flaws. comes with different coloured back grounds which comes in handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 12 Nov 2008
D. Redfield - See all my reviews
This is a great little product for the money. The whole thing is easy to pack up and put away in its own carry case and the lights are great for shooting indoors and close-up work.

This has made my life so much easier - no more fiddling around with bits of card and balancing lights all over the place!

Highly recommended, good price and good service from Netgadgets; item arrived promptly in good condition. Would recommend as a supplier and product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat package but.., 29 July 2009
Thrud Fan (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Very easy to set up as others have said ignore the supplied tripod unless you have a very light point and poke camera.

The lights get hot and do smell you are only supposed to have them on for 10 mins at a time so setup is very important. I personally had no issue with the 3 pin adaptors that connect to the 2 pin plugs on the lights and as you only have 10 mins with them on it it is unlikely that you would leave them unattended for any length of time, in fact I think it would be prudent to turn them off at every opportunity you get to cut down on the heat produced. Just plug them into a double socket.
I've taken macro shots with flowers on this a it's fine although I found the the lights given although hot and bright didn't give me the illumination in the centre of the box even when they were tight up against the cloth. I've tried using other lighting and got the result I wanted.
So I've bought this just for the box and maybe the lights if I can get the positioning right, Hence the 4 star rating

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good addition to your kit!!, 8 Jan 2008
O. Sodeke (Cheshunt, England) - See all my reviews
This is a definite must. I bought it to take macro shots, it was big enough to allow me to get in close and and also the fact that everything folds away into the cary case including the lights is great. I came with four different colored background which gives you some variety. I didn't give this a 5 star rating as there was a burning smell coming from both lights when I was using it for the first time. That soon went after a while though. All in all I am very pleased with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›