5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed.
I play various instruments so can't grow my nails and have tried plastic finger picks in the past but found them too clumsy.

These looked interesting - because your finger tip peeks through and they sit where you real nail would so I gave them a go.

Published on 9 Aug 2009 by PP

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as precise as the solid Dunlop style picks.
Published 2 months ago by noheadjeff

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 9 Aug 2009
This review is from: 3 Tone Deaf Music Stainless Steel Finger Picks for Guitar, Banjo, Dobro etc

I think they are great on acoustic - I am even trying them out for hybrid picking on electric and for playing two finger bass to get the finger tip feel, but with pick type attack.

This set doesn't come with a thumb pick - but I think there is one available in the range.

My mate who plays banjo tried a set out - he says he prefers the solid style picks that he is used to for that, but thinks he will be using these on acoustic guitar in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars steel fingerpicks, 27 Oct 2010
For years I have been hampered by nails that keep breaking. These fingerpicks solve that! It is easy to make a snug fit with long-nosed pliers. I play ragtime/blues etc and they give a lovely twangy sound on my steel-string guitar. They have revived my interest in guitar playing - essential!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not excellent, 3 Jun 2010
Mr. S. Khan "Shez2712" (London; England) - See all my reviews
Strong, helpful, however, need quite a bit of force to change the shape to your fingers. However, they dont come with one for the thumb, and it would make it easier for it to come with one for the thumb; Would deffinately reccomend :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finger pickin' good, 14 Jan 2011
David Jacob "fiddler reborn" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm a new banjo player and I haven't years of experience of finger picks and so forth but to me these were an immediate improvement over the solid picks I've tried. I just put them on and played and it sounded better and felt easier, what more can I say? You'll have to get a thumb pick separately, it wouldn't be possible for them to make one which fits in with this concept so it's fair enough that they don't supply one imo - I use them with a Jim Dunlop steel thumb pick, for what it's worth.

A set of 3 is good too, banjo only uses 2 traditionally but means either you've got a spare when you tread on one (oops!) or can experiment with an extra pickin' finger if that takes your fancy.

Top product, top value. Give them a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fingerpicks that work, 7 July 2012
I had little faith in these because those useless plastic things made me think you had to have special fingers for these sorts of things to work. I thought the thinness of my fingers was the issue. Not so, the plastic ones are just crap.
These stainless steel ones prove it. They actually work.
You can get a really snug fit by going all around them with the curved part of the pliars . You'll also need a pair of needlenose pliars to widen them again if you need to redo them. I had to do this a few times before getting them just right; not so tight that you can't get them on and off; not so loose that they move around. Great picks!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as precise as the solid Dunlop style picks., 28 Aug 2014
I have used Dunlop style steel finger picks for decades. These have solid metal covering the finger tip pads. I thought I would give these more open tip ones a try to see if exposing the finger tip pad through the pick aided in finer touch. However, after several hours with pliers trying to bend these into a suitable fit, I had to give up on the basis that these would never work as good as the solid Dunlops because they are not supported on the finger tip pad and therefore move too much to achieve sufficient precision when plucking the strings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasantly surprised, 1 Aug 2014
Like some other reviewers, I have tried several other types of finger picks - steel ones that cover the whole of underside of the fingertip, the equivalent in plastic, and Alaska picks - without success. I had resorted to a home made method of attaching cut down plectrums to the underside of my fingers with elasticated bands. When I saw these finger picks and the excellent reviews, I thought I'd give them a try, and was very pleasantly surprised. Of course, nothing is going to feel as good as bare fingers, but these are the closest I've found. They are light and comfortable, and I haven't had to (consciously) change my finger position for playing - no problems with hitting the wrong strings when finger picking. Also, they are stable enough to allow both up and down strumming. I was worried about the sound they would make - steel on steel - but again I am pleasantly surprised. I don't use a finger pick on my ring finger anyway, because I don't like the high E string to ring out too loud. Having finally found finger picks that work for me, I sent off for another set immediately in case of emergencies, and have already recommended them to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!!, 26 Sep 2013
I have tried several steel finger picks for my banjo to date and I really didn't think there would be anything new with these ones.

But believe me there is!!

I received them at by post at work this morning and now that I am home the first thing I did was pick up my banjo to try them. I have played with them on now for 30 minutes give or take an hour ;o)) and they are truly inspirational.

After a bit of expanding to get them on my fat fingers they fitted perfectly and the tips are right at the correct point wher my finger tips normally meet the strings - and I can feel the strings through the gap / hole / space / whatever you want to call it where there is usually metal on other lower quality picks. This gives me a much better sensitivity and feeling when I am playing.

Brilliant ;o))

I am away back to play some more tunes .... Jim

re right at the co

1.0 out of 5 stars MISSLEADING PICTURE, 24 July 2013
In the picture it shows your finger tips showing through but where the hole is it's solid, which was what I actually already had, if that's what your looking for, fine. But if you're like me and wanted to try these ones (the ones in the picture) go to a more reliable seller. This is a scam do not waste your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel Finger Picks for Guitar, Banjo, Dobro etc, 10 Sep 2009
Lucy Reynolds "Lucy" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I bought these after reading various reviews here and on other sites. I'll admit that I'm still trying to get to grips with them, but I'm finding them quite fun. They produce a totally different sound to my natural nails, which is one of the reasons why I like them so much.
Initially they feel bizarre and unnatural, but you really do have to bend them to shape your fingers as best as possible... this does make them a lot easier to use.