5.0 out of 5 stars Puncture Free and Longevity
I got a Boardman Hybrid earlier this year and the stock tyres while very fast running are very thin and prone to punctures .....a lot of puntures.. it was getting me down.flints and thorns being the main culprit

Published on 6 May 2011 by Mr. M. Sims

3.0 out of 5 stars Flat spots
I have 2 sets of continental tyres, these and grand prix. All of the have very pronounced flat spots so when spinning the wheel you can see approx 5mm variance. Wheel try other brands in future.
Published 8 months ago by Mr. S. Burgess

5.0 out of 5 stars Puncture Free and Longevity, 6 May 2011
Mr. M. Sims "SimseyUk" (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Continental Ultra GatorSkin 700 x 28C DuraSkin Tyre (Sports)

I bought a pair of Schwalbe marathon plus from my local bike shop, I've always used these on my hybrids and always feel confident that they won't let you down ( litterally!!) for all my might I couldn't make them stay on ... any more than 50 psi and the bead would disengage and the tube would pop out...I returned them reluctently..

I got a pair of these Contis...from Amazon and so far so good ...easy on, nice flexible sidewalls,mostly slick with a small pattern as a tread.. wacked 110 psi in and no dramas .. looked ok as well

I had nice little 60 mile round Suffolk last Saturday and they have been great.. mostly road.. a bit of breckland path and a bit of dusty gravel tracks ( not fun on 28c tyres )and the bike and tyres coped very well..

This week cycling to work, daily 18 mile round trip ... plenty of hedge cuttings,pot holes,squashed wildlife & broken glass

So I've done around 140 miles and no puntures ..They feel as free running as the Maxis detonator stock tyre and I would say they are less skiterish over bumps and hitting +25 mph and nice a grippy in the corners.. people say they are good in the wet so don't have to worry about that..

nuff said really .. I like them .. time will tell if they last and the puncture protection is reliable

***** Update *****

June 2011.. Got to 750 miles and my first puncture, so not bad really ... took the opportunity to swap them around to even out the wear, not that they need it as they look hardly worn the front still had the manufacturing seam down the middle. Still not had a decent chance to check out the rain grip, but I'm not moaning..

***** Update *****

March 2012.. done about 3.5k on these now... one is starting to puncture.. so going to replace it by ordering another... under £22 delivered... £3 cheaper than last year !!! my local bike shop has them up for £35 !!

Did find out by the way why the Schwalbes were popping off the rims... apparently some of the Boardmans have undersized wheels, not by much but enough to make correct size tyres pop off ... Contis are apparently very tight to fit on correct size wheels... So bob on for Boardmans...

all in all puncture free and longevity ( I am poet and my mother knows it )

***** Update ******

July 2013

Time for a new rear, my fault really, I had put in 120psi as I was competing in a local Tri and I must of gone over something pretty sharp as it has gone through the protection..

Price has gone up to just under £26 but not much for all those miles of not having that horrible sinking feeling.

I will just add, I run these at about 80psi on my daily commute as I'm a bit (lot) of a lard a** and I think it just makes it little easier on them.... also a bit of a training aid as when you pump them up to go racing... you fly..

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting, puncture resistant and quick, 17 July 2010
John Boy (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have this tyre in 32-630 (27" x 1.25") for commuting to work on a vintage Reynolds 531ST frame bike. After nearly 900 miles the tyres are hardly worn and have shrugged off carrying two loaded panniers over an uneven cycle track that is regularly littered with hedge strimmings and, one section that's a mini version of the Paris Roubaix cobblestones! Nevertheless, it can roll along at a good turn of speed. Wet grip is good apart from the infamous Bristol docks railway lines when they are wet.

A great tyre!

5.0 out of 5 stars conti gatorskins, 11 Feb 2011
they are great get them if you like me had good tyres in the first place and was scared to replace with tyres that you have never tried before.
65 mile ride lots of pot hole,glass,hedge trimmings and no punctures.:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Puncture Free Riding, 21 Aug 2012
This is an honest review from a cyclist in Sheffield:

i cycle to work in the summer months, 10miles per day.
I used to get around 1 puncture a week, and if i managed to dodge this bullet id be thinking "not long til i get one now then"

But since i purchased the Gatorskin tyres i can HONESTLY say i dont even think about punctures anymore. I literally have had 1 in about 5 months, and that was because i over-inflated the rear tyre and the inner tube expanded into the holes in the rim itself and popped shortly after id inflated it.

The tyres have shown grip in the wet, and seem to roll nice and quick compared to any other tyre ive had.

This is by far the best way to avoid punctures rather than those crap innertubes that have green slime in.
The quality rubber and internal reinforcement means they feel light but also offer great puncture protection.

ill definately purchase these again if i need to, and i have mentioned them to literally anyone i know who cycles anywhere.

a definate weapon in the cyclists fight against changing a tyre at the side of the road..er..monster.

4.0 out of 5 stars good tyre, 31 Dec 2010
I ride a lot through an industrial park and I got 10 punctures in 8 weeks on my bike's original tyres. With the Ultras on, I am down to 3 a year. Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gatortastic, 15 Aug 2010
I have nearly got to 6000km on one set of 700x25 gatorskins. Mainly potholed country lanes and cycle track with panniers. Two pinch flats but no punctures. I have swapped them over as the back one was looking a bit worn. Grip is good in the dry and seems fine in the wet. It seems odd that experience with these tyres seems to vary so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more punctures., 5 Mar 2011
I changed to these tyres recently as the original tyres on my Genesis Vapour cyclocross bike were extremely prone to punctures. Sometimes two per day. I mainly use my bike to commute to work (approx 14 miles round trip per day). On average I had about 3 punctures per week. Since changing to these tyres I have been puncture free for over three weeks. This may not be a long time, however, with the old tyres that equates to at least 9 punctures in that time. I did read about the tyres being slippy in the wet, but so far I have not experienced any slippy moments even in torrential rain one lovely morning in Glasgow. So all in all, so far so good. I would definitely recommend the tyres.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally good tyres., 17 May 2012
I run these tyres on a few of my bikes. Comfortable and resilient they generally they last for 1000s kms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tyres, 14 Sep 2014
Love my Gatorskins and have found them to be pretty reliable. Had a couple of silly punctures that were likely my fault (eg. hitting a kerb at high speed and getting a 'snakebit puncture') but can't really blame the Gatorskins which have kept out glass, thorns, sharp stones etc over a few hundred miles so far. They've never come unstuck in the wet but I haven't been through a winter with them yet so can't comment on roadholding in subzero temps. They also look subtly cool (if you're interested in that type of thing)!

For context: I ride a Cannondale Badboy on roads, tow paths, dirt tracks and a little bit of off road.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... my second hand bike so I knew they were excellent quality. The front one has lasted nearly a ..., 21 July 2014
I already own one of these on my front wheel having needed a new tire as soon I bought my second hand bike so I knew they were excellent quality. The front one has lasted nearly a year of daily cycling (around 3 miles a day), this one has lasted since I got it in March. So if you're looking for a tough road tire look no further, from pot holes to glass it handles them all (not that I'm encouraging you to try and cycle through glass!!). Buying one from Amazon will save you some money as well, my local shop sells them at an additional £15!!

Continental Ultra GatorSkin 700 x 28C DuraSkin Tyre