Size: 34-inch|Change

on 12 November 2009
I bought this bed just a couple of days ago for my large tom cat and I must say it is fantastic. As soon as it arrived I put him in it and he slept there for 5 hours! I have bought several beds for my cat in the past year, none of which seem to fit him (they all seem to be made for small cats/kittens). This bed is extremely cosy and great value for money. The other good thing is that it comes in various sizes, so you can choose the right size for your dog/cat. It also came within 2 days of ordering, and I would definitely give this one a 5 star. I now have a happy cat who chooses to sleep in his own cosy bed rather than on my childrens' beds.
on 14 June 2013
BEST BUY EVER !! We have 5 animals (2 dogs, three cats) an they each have a Yap Peluchi basket ... and ADORE THEM!

Pricey? ... not for the sink-down-into luxury that these baskets offer. My cats especially seem to feel very safe and comforted by theirs (18 inch size). We have a Lab retriever and a Golden retriever who each have the 34 inch size.
on 25 September 2011
Bought the 18 inch bed for our pet cat even though it is dog branded (didn't like the colour of the cat one!) and while it is an attractive bed to look at and is quite well padded, the base is 15.5 inches across and 14 inches deep. Internally it is about 14 inches by 12, so if like me you measured your pet while asleep then please consider what size you need before buying.
on 28 January 2010
I purchased this bed for my dog, its excellent quality and our Clara loves it,, lots of padding and very fluffy , the bed not Clara.
on 25 September 2009
This is a really good quality dog bed. The materials used are first class the fur is lovely and soft and fluffy, the padding is excellent and the pad inside the bed is nice and full, it is completely washable and comes up nice after being in the machine, my dog absolutely loves his, infact it is so good this is the second one we have bought for him, just couldn't imagine him sleeping in anything else, he's used to the comfort. Buy with confidence.
11 comment|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2012
Iv just recieved this dog bed in the post, so this will be my first impressions.

The fur is amazingly soft, so much so I wanted to try the bed myself, its very lucious to the touch. The outside is very much like a cotton mix material.

This is NOT a firm bed and the sides barely stand up by themselves, which if youv got a delicate dog recovering from ill health it maybe ideal for you. Also those dogs who like to hang over the sides of beds its ideal for them.

Its plenty big enough for my Cain X who is like a very large black Westie. He can lay straight out flat in it very easily.

NB BEFORE BUYING CHECK OUT INTERNAL DIMENSIONS (I found them on another website). The outside measures 34 inches but the inside is 26 inches. I think a medium sized dog would have plenty of space with a large breed like a Labrador could curl up in it, or flake over the edge. It would fit two small dogs easily (ie the toy breeds), a Chihuahua would disappear in its depths.

NOT for those dogs who at all chew their beds. My dog is not a chewer but he was tempted to give it a try, hopefully he wont turn into a bed chewer.

Under the cushion is just the usual wipe clean material, but Iv found with many other types of bed this does ware down over time, even before the edges. All the beds I know have this bottom, so it seems to be a thing everyone does - it makes us buy more beds!

The sides are nice and high, about 6 inches, so any dog can get low down into it and stay out of a draft. The sides would squish if sat on by the dog.

The bed is very light, I have a bad back and found it easy to lift in its packaging. It is in a plastic sealed bag and then the delivery bag, so scissors were needed to open it. I didnt pay any postage so no worries there.

I brought the size as I like to think it will last more then one dog. Iv not washed it yet so I dont know if the fur stays plush or ends up like the usual bobbles/teddy fur.

The other thing about the fur is that your dog maybe confused that its their bed, so Iv put my dogs blankets in there and he tried it out for size. His beds better then mine now.:)

For the price its brilliant, but I would have liked to see more stuffing to the sides (I can sew and will add some more if it needs it). I think it would work well as an insert to the large resin beds (Iv got one that has lasted 5 dogs so far and still like knew, I hope this one lasts as long).

It is a Wow of a dog bed, and I would have given it a five if only it had more stuffing on the sides.

PS: I have sensitive skin and have had no problem touching the fur or sides as yet.
on 24 October 2011
The cat that adopted us a few months ago has adopted this product with alacrity and relish. She will sleep nowhere else (apart from a shady spot under a tree when the weather is warm)and curls up in her new nest so that it is difficult to see where the bed finishes and she starts. Although she did not express the slightest gratitude for the gift, we shall have to take the generous view that somewhere in her feline being, she feels it.
on 19 October 2012
I spent a lot of time looking at reviews from other purchasers of this dog bed prior to buying it myself, as I didn't want to get the wrong size or something that claimed to be washable but wasn't really. Anyway, I am delighted with it!! It arrived only a few days after I ordered it and, Max, my two year old Westie, loves it too. He can both snuggle up and stretch out in it, which is exactly what I wanted, so, having agonised over the decision about what size to get, I am very pleased that I went for the 30 inch.
The mattress bit is nice and thick and soft so I am confident that Max is very comfortable in it and the sides are high enough to provide something to lean on but not so high that he can't rest his head on them. Also, as others have said, the bed is not heavy so good for travelling with.
Of all the dog beds I looked at, and I looked at LOTS, this one had the best, consistent reviews and now here's mine, too.
on 31 December 2012
I have a large cat so after reading the reviews about these pet beds turning out to be smaller than you expect, I bought this bed in the 26 inch size. My cat can definitely stretch out in that one! I've now also bought the 22 inch size for him to have in another room and it's a better size for him.
Other reviews mentioned the plasticy smell of the bed when it arrives. Yes, that's true, but I just popped it in the washing machine and the smell is gone. It washes well which is good to know when you're dealing with pets. My cat rolls around in the garden a lot so his bed gets dirty very quickly.
Even after washing it, the cat wouldn't go in the bed to begin with, he just sniffed at it and walked away. But I took a fleece blanket that he'd been lying on and put that in the bed so that the bed smelt of him. I then popped him in the bed a couple of times and stroked him while he was in it. Now he LOVES it - sometimes when he gets into it I hear him purring loudly and he kneads at it (although I have still the fleece that he loves still inside the bed).
I think that the furry interior of the pet bed might retain warmth and the sides are high so he's protected from draughts and feels nice and cosy.
He certainly now loves sleeping in this bed and I'd recommend it to others. Just wash it first and then 'trick' your cat into getting used to it, then I suspect your cat will love this bed too.
on 25 April 2012
I ordered two of these beds plus two other Yap beds for my 4 Westies as I wanted them to have a quality product which would last . They arrived flat packed into plastic storage bags and are quite heavy and bulky . I ordered the 30 inch size which is just right for my dogs , any smaller and they cant stretch out - so check the sizing first as you need larger than anticipated (at least 4 inches )to allow for the stated measurements being external not internal !!
Anyway I have to say they are lovely quality , very cosy and nice looking beds - internal fur on bed and one side of cushion is very plush . However on the downside the fur fabric sheds balls of fluff very badly and on two occasions have found dogs gagging on the loose fibres - not good !! I was forever cleaning up balls of fluff from the floor ,and it gets all over the bed exterior and any extra blankets used spiling the look of the brown outer fabric .
For these reasons I have requested a return on these two particular items as I am concerned about the safety of the faux fur lining and also whether they would wash satisfactorily . I also bought the Montieri Yap bed and this is just perfect with no shedding - it has a finer , micro-fibre type fur . Please consider both the size and shedding issue before buying . Amazons delivery and customer service were though top class - always are .