Format: DVD|Change

on 31 January 2008
I bought this new for £2.99 from an Amazon seller. What a bargain. It's selling second hand on Amazon US for $90+!! It's well worth it to see Iggy in a very good, but just short of great, concert. Iggy covers material from all over his career, from the early 70's albums, through the Berlin with Bowie period, right up to the then-current Brick By Brick period (not my favourite period), as well as a couple of brilliant cover versions, 'Louie Louie' and a magnificently dirty 'Foxy Lady'. The camera work is fantastic: you feel as if you are standing right beside Iggy on stage a lot of the time and, yes, he both bleeds and gets his nob out. Why does it just fall short of being great? Well, two reasons really.

Firstly, there are 22 tracks in the concert, but up until about half way through, 'Neon Forest' to be exact, in my opinion the sound felt somewhat muted. I don't know why. It was not to do with just turning up the TV volume either: I did that. Then suddenly, in that track, everything seems to click into place and the rest of the show is amazing. You get that shimmery metallic wall of sound that the Stooges used to get, and still did at Glastonbury.

Secondly, Iggy plays the guitar on too many tracks. It doesn't really contribute much, and let's face it, we all want to see him throwing himself around the stage like a possessed shaman and fooling around with the crowd as much as possible, don't we? Nobody, that's NOBODY, moves on stage like he does.

Those two quibbles apart, I highly recommend this dvd.
on 21 January 2016
The quality of sound could be better, but the concert is out of this world. Iggy at his peak, giving everything.
on 9 February 2014
Unfortunately, DVDs purchased from the UK do not play on DVD players in the US. They have a different format. I found this out the hard way. When I first received it, I thought there was something wrong with the DVD. You were very gracious to send me another one. However, that wouldn't work either. You should inform your customers that UK DVDs do not work on US DVD players.