5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur, Disney DVD.
Absolutely brilliant............
My three and a half year old loved it as much as my six and a half year old. Hours of fun trying to learn how to pronounce the various dino names. We watched it about seven times, and each time we found something new in the story and animation.
Published on 22 Dec. 2005 by D. Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Disney dinosaur
Bought this for my 4 year old daughter she isnt that keen the film goes quite dark and its hard to see what is going on!!
Published on 25 Jan. 2013 by Miss L Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur, Disney DVD., 22 Dec. 2005
D. Harris "Dave Harris" (Hampshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Absolutely brilliant............
The animation is so good it hurts your eyes....it is very lifelike, and has a quality that you would expect from Disney.
The story is great for children, and has plenty of definite characters to follow and love or dislike. We loved the lemurs and Aladar, and were thoroughly afraid of the meat eating dinosaurs......
We thoroughly recommend this as a "snuggle down on the sofa with the family" type film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinotastic, 29 Oct. 2009
What?? Is my first reaction to some of these reviews!!!! Were you even watching it? Without doubt a fantastic dinosaur film FOR CHILDREN!!! They love it. When it came out on video we bought it. Years later when it had been watched to death, we bought the DVD, Its entertaining, funny, brilliantly aminated, tear jerker and has a little romance. Whats not to love. I strongly suggest those that didnt like the film take a deap breath, seek their inner child and watch it. This is fab, your kids of all ages will love this. It sparks their imagination and keeps them fully engrossed. BUY BUY BUY!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any person who is mad about dinosaurs!, 26 Dec. 2002
Being a maor dinosaur nut, I had to watch this film. However, when I first saw it, I only saw a few scenes, & didn't think much of it. When I finally got round to watching it, I was way beyond amazement! The scenery & the realism of the characters is absolutely incredible! No wonder it took Disney six years to make the film! Real landscapes, & incredibly real looking dinosaurs make Dinosaur one of the best films ever made! All I can say, is that this film is perfect for anybody who is mad about dinosaurs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Marvellous, 4 May 2001
By A Customer
The story line of this film isn't as strong as some of Disney's others. However, the sheer scale and quality of the production will leave you in so much awe that you'll hardly notice.

As a previous reviewer said, this is definitely best watched on a large widescreen TV, otherwise you may lose some of the effect.

The extras on the second CD definitely make this worth buying over the standard edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dino-Saw - and Loved!!!, 28 Mar. 2001
By A Customer
The quality of the DVD was simply spectacular. Wow, those scales looked lifelike! I felt like I was in my own Jurassic Park, a caveman with spear in hand trembling at the sight of such magnificent beasts.
However, I think that it isn't suitable for children - I certainly lost sleep over some of the more startling sequences which I wouldn't expect from Disney. Just my thought.
Sound - Raptor-ous! Vision - Widesceen a Saw-us!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 19 Jan. 2004
Kamran Rahman (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My son who is 2 and a half loves this, and his older friends (up to 7) really enjoyed it too. If you want a Disney computer animated film about Dinosaurs this is fantastic. It has everything you'd expect from the efficient Disney factory which is marketed at as broad an audience as possible. However, it doesn't have any of the more subtle, or off-beat humour found in productions from other animation houses, but then you wouldn't expect it to - because this is Disney!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Film, 22 Sept. 2010
It's a good film I'm trying to add to my collection of disney films for my nieces and nephews to watch. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. It's quite a heartwarming movie and the kids haven't watched it yet but i have ;o) I think it's a great childrens movie but not torture for an adult to watch. Worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps them glued to their seats, 15 Jun. 2009
From the moment I pressed play my 4 year old son was glued to his seat he loved it (I have to admit I enjoyed watching it the first time as well!! the other 100 odd times not so much). I would recommend this to anyone who has a dinosaur mad child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disneys Dinosaur DVD, 25 Oct. 2011
This is a great family DVD our children range from 12 years to 20 months and they all love to sit down and watch this film (especially my dinosaur mad 2 1/2 year old)! It is the story of a dinosaur egg seperated from its mother and raised by a family of lemurs. Then after a meteorite hits Earth they have to join other dinosaurs for a trecherous journey to a nesting ground. Great family film would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular computer animation and sound, 18 April 2001
By A Customer
Best viewed on a good wide-screen TV/HIFI set up, this film breaks new ground in computer animation. A combination of superior computer graphics, animatronics and real images? - it's very difficult to tell. I'm 52 and watched this film with my kids. I was as spellbound and captivated as my youngest. A must for the home DVD library. It is SO clever.

Dinosaur [Blu-ray]
Dinosaur [Blu-ray] by Eric Leighton (Blu-ray - 2007)