Style Name: Dusting mop|Change

on 5 March 2012
I had a similar product which worked well right up to the point I tried to use it to clear snow from my front path. After that I tried to find a replacement which would take wet and dry cloths but these mops are much harder to find in the shops than was once the case.

I was delighted, therefore, to chance upon the Leifheit and snapped it up. Washing and dusting floors has, once again, become easy and the house is much cleaner than it has been for a while. So, I am pretty happy. A few points to be aware of -

*Shop around - the price can vary by quite a few £s

*The mop is sold as a dry duster holder (with a few samples included) but works equally well for wet cloths

*No need to shell out for same-brand replacement cloths - good and much cheaper alternatives are easily available

*While the Leifheit is well-made and quite sturdy enough for normal use, it doesn't look as though it would take happily to too much rough treatment. And don't follow my example and use it as a snow shovel!
55 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2012
So pleased with this mop that I bought another for my daughter. Can't find this in the shops any more so was delighted to find on Amazon. Use it on my wood, laminate and tiled floors with the appropriate wipes - most standard ones fit. Great product at reasonable price.
on 29 August 2014
Good mop, just the job for newly-laid laminate flooring. i find that by attaching microfibre cloths (the type you can buy in Poundland etc) they do a better job than the cloths it came with.
on 28 November 2012
So pleased with my recent purchase of the Leifheit mop. I struggled to find a replacement for the swiffer I had bought years ago and this is much sturdier, the wet floor wipes from Home Bargains (2 packs for £1)fit perfectly and I feel this is the best way to clean wood and laminate floors.
on 22 August 2012
I am really happy about my purchase. I am using it on laminated floor and it saves time, reaches under the table and sofa and its very easy to use. The static wipes attract all dust, hair etc and hold on to it. I am using the wipe both sides as it is quite expensive and I wipe my floor everyday. The company originated 1959 in Germany (Nassau) and since then expanded and produced variety of excellent products. Well done!!!
on 8 September 2012
Bought this to replace my old well known model and was not disappointed. Just as good and was half the price. Would highly recommend and I don't do that very often.
on 14 August 2012
I use the Mop for both wood and ceramic floors and I use any suitable piece of cloth cut to the shape and size.
It can reach narrow areas that other Mops cannot.

Easily transportable with detachable parts.

good all rounder. Every household should have one or two.
on 19 September 2013
If you wish to have a Clean and Away style mop which takes disposable cloths or appropriately sized washable cloths (washable is my preference for performance, environmental and budget reasons) then DON'T buy this as a stand alone product. Instead buy the same style Clean and Away head as part of the Leifheit click system and their click system telescopic handle (currently available reduced and combined at less than the listed price of this item here, from Robert Dyas). Then you can add other useful attachments too, according to budget and need: a shower cleaning pad (I love the mini squeegee for the screen and the fact the washable pad actually stays on the head), window squeegees, a rubber brush head (great for scrubbing floors when marked and you can attach a cloth in the same way for cleaning and drying), a fluffy duster, a cornice brush etc.. A much more sensible buy! Gives flexibility, performance and saves on storage. Shop around to find all the items.

When my stone coloured kitchen floor has shoe marks etc. on it I prefer to use the rubber brush head on the telescopic handle. (A dry disposable dusting cloth would only pick up dust and a damp cloth on a smooth head just gets it clean but does not scrub out marks. However a damp cloth attached to the rubber brush head will do a better job regardless as there is a strong but gentle scrubbing action from the brush behind the cloth). I can use the naked or clothed brush wet with a little washing up liquid to get the floor completely clean, then attach a large microfibre cloth to finish the cleaning and dry the floor. Yay, the effect of a down on your knees hand scrubbed floor with dignity and back intact! Not to be sniffed at.

For a quick clean I like the Leifheit Pico spray mop. It has a much bigger tank than most brands I saw. Mine came with a free microfibre cloth. For paw marks etc. I can spray (I just leave a mix of water and a little washing up liquid in the tank), mop and go in seconds. No smelly old mop or bucket to trip over, just a safe, compact mop instantly ready whenever I want and I can change and launder the cloth when I feel like it.

I don't mean to sound OCD, however with a busy house, including cat and dog, and no desire to be skanky, I have trialled and thrown out enough mops etc. which literally brought me to my knees as they just didn't work. Here's to Homo Sapiens Erectus! Invest in a good system to avoid hassle and replacement later.
on 30 March 2014
I have to smile when I use this mop at how the ingenious connector between the mop head and the handle allows the mop head to twist this way and that with a simple turn of the handle. It is light in weight, the handle is telescopic and I am very pleased with it. I ordered two boxes of Leifheit pads with it but while the mop arrived very promptly the pads had still not arrived after a month so I cancelled them and bought double the quantity of Leifheit Clean and Away Mop Refill Cloths for the same price and at a much lower delivery charge from John Lewis. They were delivered two days later.
The mop makes it very easy to clear the dust from my extensive laminate floor and from beneath the furniture too, and I have no reservations in recommending it.
on 15 October 2015
Lightweight and easy to use. You can use large wet wipes, or wet or dry microfibre cloths with this mop so there are many options, you are not tied to one brand. I use a wet microfibre cloth and my floor is washed in a minute - and dry almost at once, so no more waiting for the floor to dry.